There are 266 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Deebo is a hybrid RB/WR who can't run routes but is explosive with ball in hand with great YAC ability. Unfortunately, he is usually injured by the end of the season because we continue to overuse him at the RB position.

Brandon is a better pure WR, a better route runner, is better getting off the line, smoother runner and gets open easier and also has great YAC ability.

I think this is where Pearsall comes into play as he is a mixture of both Deebo and Aiyuk. This is why I think we can let Deebo walk after this year and the transition for Pearsall to the number 2 receiver should be pretty seamless as he already has some chemistry with Aiyuk from college and it seems like him and Purdy are already off to a great start.

All in all though im hoping the deal with Aiyuk gets done here in the next week so that we can put this to bed and he doesnt miss any training camp. Im predicting 4 yrs 120 mil ,85 mil guaranteed with 53 mil guaranteed at signing. The last 2 numbers which are the important ones would place him 2nd in both categories in guaranteed money, whereas he would be tied for 4th with his total contract, but usually whats important to players is the guaranteed portion of the contract.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Aiyuk should want around what Amon Ra is getting as a fellow All Pro

I said it after Amon-Ra's deal was done, but BA deserves to be paid more than Amon-Ra since BA is a true X receiver. BA himself brought up this point in that recent interview.

I guess the question becomes - what's more important in today's NFL? A true "X" reciever or a multi positional guy like Amon ra or Deebo?

who puts more stress on a defense? Deebo or Aiyuk?

A true X WR is harder to find than a slot WR who gets free releases all game. Most good XWRs can play inside and outside, not the other way around.

Deebo is one of one. He's a different case. WRs don't take carries behind center. I feel like the more we run those types of plays the less affective it is now.

St brown isn't Deebo from that respect. They're not used the same. He's your traditional flanker/slot guy….True split ends are more valuable…doesn't mean you can't create your passing game through your slot guys…DET, LAR, and NE did it for years.
IMO I don't really see the similarities between Ricky and Deebo. I think our offense is gonna transition a little after this yr. IMO CMC is kinda our Deebo going forward and while I love Deebo, he's the vibe of this team…he's a bit more of a luxury that a necessity to run Kyle's offense.

for me I think Kittle is more important and I would hope they can find a way to extend all of them…but I would prefer Kittle if I had to choose.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
IMO I don't really see the similarities between Ricky and Deebo. I think our offense is gonna transition a little after this yr. IMO CMC is kinda our Deebo going forward and while I love Deebo, he's the vibe of this team…he's a bit more of a luxury that a necessity to run Kyle's offense.

for me I think Kittle is more important and I would hope they can find a way to extend all of them…but I would prefer Kittle if I had to choose.

Ricky reminds me more of Aiyuk than Deebo if anything.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
BA won't be more expensive than them…this isn't like QBs who just reset the market constantly.

BA is gonna likely slot in at fifth highest paid which is where I'd rank his ability amongst NFL WRs.

Possibly true. The problem is that the other 5 WRs have performed at that level 3 or 4 seasons or had a faster build up. BA has 2 good seasons. He has 1 amazing season.

9ers aren't wrong for wanting to pay him 26m.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Jul 2, 2024 at 9:30 AM ]
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Possibly true. The problem is that the other 5 WRs have performed at that level 3 or 4 seasons or had a faster build up. BA has 2 good seasons. He has 1 amazing season.

He seems to base that rank almost purely off having an all pro season. Dak was a 2nd team all pro last year, but he's not the 2nd best QB in the NFL.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

He seems to base that rank almost purely off having an all pro season. Dak was a 2nd team all pro last year, but he's not the 2nd best QB in the NFL.

Right. And my point is that all the other guys ahead of him on the pay check the 9ers have offered have had a couple of those...or have performed at a higher level consistency through their career or both. Aiyuk should fall in the 26-28m mark.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Jul 2, 2024 at 9:35 AM ]
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Deebo is a hybrid RB/WR who can't run routes but is explosive with ball in hand with great YAC ability. Unfortunately, he is usually injured by the end of the season because we continue to overuse him at the RB position.

Brandon is a better pure WR, a better route runner, is better getting off the line, smoother runner and gets open easier and also has great YAC ability.
Running routes is kinda important if you play the WR position.

This. He is not elite and is not in the conversation with the top WRs of the NFL.
Originally posted by TD49ers:

This. He is not elite and is not in the conversation with the top WRs of the NFL.

I'm not trying to say he is or isn't elite. I mean you could argue any starter for any team in the NFL is elite by definition...or you could be talking about the top 3. I just think based on his performance his market value puts him somewhere between 6th and 8th.

I'm not trying to say he is or isn't elite. I mean you could argue any starter for any team in the NFL is elite by definition...or you could be talking about the top 3. I just think based on his performance his market value puts him somewhere between 6th and 8th.

This is the problem, today's NFL players just need to have 1 elite season and their agents will do the rest.

I don't believe this is the case with B.A though, he has that T.O type of work ethic and attitude (belief in self). I think he could be one of the greats.

I mean they made Jimmy the highest paid player (for a hot min) off of what 5 games?

at the time or Deebo's deal, there was only 5 other WRs being paid more…that's with only one amazing season.

just give him ASB's deal and everyone is happy.

I mean they made Jimmy the highest paid player (for a hot min) off of what 5 games?

at the time or Deebo's deal, there was only 5 other WRs being paid more…that's with only one amazing season.

THIS
Originally posted by glorydayz:

This is the problem, today's NFL players just need to have 1 elite season and their agents will do the rest.

I don't believe this is the case with B.A though, he has that T.O type of work ethic and attitude (belief in self). I think he could be one of the greats.

It's actually the reason I'd budge if I'm the 49ers and we are coming up on training camp. I have no concerns about his value long term, work ethic, doubt that he will continue growing, etc.

Re: Jimmy. Just because you stuck your hand into a hot flame once doesn't mean you should do it again.

5 WRs paid more...so if we give Aiyuk what we gave Deebo (when Deebo clearly had more value to the team at that time than Aiyuk does now) then we're paying Aiyuk #6...which is 26-28m...and we have gone full circle. Unless you're actually agreeing with me?

4) Tyreek Hill, Miami Dolphins | AAV: $30 million

5) Jaylen Waddle, Miami Dolphins | AAV: $28.25 million
[ Edited by Jakemall on Jul 2, 2024 at 10:50 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone