There are 256 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Possibly true. The problem is that the other 5 WRs have performed at that level 3 or 4 seasons or had a faster build up. BA has 2 good seasons. He has 1 amazing season.

9ers aren't wrong for wanting to pay him 26m.

This. He is not elite and is not in the conversation with the top WRs of the NFL.

I'm not trying to say he is or isn't elite. I mean you could argue any starter for any team in the NFL is elite by definition...or you could be talking about the top 3. I just think based on his performance his market value puts him somewhere between 6th and 8th.

Too add to this convo, I struggle to justify paying 25 million to any WR especially in a run centric Shanny offense. We already have a 25 million dollar WR in Deebo....like it or not.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
IMO I don't really see the similarities between Ricky and Deebo. I think our offense is gonna transition a little after this yr. IMO CMC is kinda our Deebo going forward and while I love Deebo, he's the vibe of this team…he's a bit more of a luxury that a necessity to run Kyle's offense.

for me I think Kittle is more important and I would hope they can find a way to extend all of them…but I would prefer Kittle if I had to choose.

I think Kittle and CMC are the two most important players. I think deebo adds a huge element to our team, because of how versatile he is.

I almost see Ricky as a more versatile Aiyuk, although he still needs to prove it at this level. I'm just comparing skill sets - I don't think Ricky and Deebo are similar at all.

if Ricky pans out, it just adds another element to our team with a fast/shifty slot guy who can play multiple positions. I can even see him lining up in the backfield and running routes from there.
Re: Jimmy. Just because you stuck your hand into a hot flame once doesn't mean you should do it again.

5 WRs paid more...so if we give Aiyuk what we gave Deebo (when Deebo clearly had more value to the team at that time than Aiyuk does now) then we're paying Aiyuk #6...which is 26-28m...and we have gone full circle. Unless you're actually agreeing with me?

4) Tyreek Hill, Miami Dolphins | AAV: $30 million

5) Jaylen Waddle, Miami Dolphins | AAV: $28.25 million

Hill has a $56M cap hit in his last yr of his deal with no gtd cash attached to it. Literally proves why APY is dumb. That bumped it up to $30M when it's actually like $25M. Same with Adams and others. It's fake.

I'm completely fine giving him the 6th highest contract in the league. Why doesn't BA have great value? This contract is about the future and both Deebo and kittle might be gone after this yr.

if BA wants "$30M per" just attached some void yr with a massive cap hit like Hill did to make it look bigger than it actually is. Same stuff with ASB and Adams. Fluff that s**t up lol

only WR that got f**k your money that he will see a ton of it is JJ and BA ain't that
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 2, 2024 at 11:58 AM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:
IMO I don't really see the similarities between Ricky and Deebo. I think our offense is gonna transition a little after this yr. IMO CMC is kinda our Deebo going forward and while I love Deebo, he's the vibe of this team…he's a bit more of a luxury that a necessity to run Kyle's offense.

for me I think Kittle is more important and I would hope they can find a way to extend all of them…but I would prefer Kittle if I had to choose.

I think Kittle and CMC are the two most important players. I think deebo adds a huge element to our team, because of how versatile he is.

I almost see Ricky as a more versatile Aiyuk, although he still needs to prove it at this level. I'm just comparing skill sets - I don't think Ricky and Deebo are similar at all.

if Ricky pans out, it just adds another element to our team with a fast/shifty slot guy who can play multiple positions. I can even see him lining up in the backfield and running routes from there.

Ricky hasn't played a single game, how is he more important than a proven All-Pro?

Hard to say he is almost more versatile and then follow that sentence up with "if he pans out".

Wait and see approach needed for R.P.
Aiyuk needs to sign and get his mind focused on the season. He 's under contract for the upcoming season so if he doesn't sign the pressure will be on hm to have a great year.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Aiyuk needs to sign and get his mind focused on the season. He 's under contract for the upcoming season so if he doesn't sign the pressure will be on hm to have a great year.

He loves the attention he's getting. He even said it lol. Playing on a great team with a bunch of all-pros, sometime you get lost in the shuffle. This has been his off season and he's taking full advantage of it.

He loves the attention he's getting. He even said it lol. Playing on a great team with a bunch of all-pros, sometime you get lost in the shuffle. This has been his off season and he's taking full advantage of it.

Yup

Happens every off season, see Bosa & Deebo.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Yup

Happens every off season, see Bosa & Deebo.

I agree. Worth noting that Bosa wasn't a guy benefiting from a scheme.. he was the dude. And deebo signed a reasonable deal. If aiyuk wants top 2024 receiver money, go somewhere else. He won't be as good as he was last year, that's practically guaranteed.

like he said, we can't afford the lambo. Perhaps other teams are willing to bite. But… no other team gave us a trade offer worth a lambo, so, maybe he's not a lambo so much as he's a Porsche with a superb driver behind the wheel.

we can find another Porsche cheaper than $30 million per year
it blows my mind people talking up Pearsall and how he can easily replace BA when he hasn't even played a real game yet. it's wild.
Re: Jimmy. Just because you stuck your hand into a hot flame once doesn't mean you should do it again.

5 WRs paid more...so if we give Aiyuk what we gave Deebo (when Deebo clearly had more value to the team at that time than Aiyuk does now) then we're paying Aiyuk #6...which is 26-28m...and we have gone full circle. Unless you're actually agreeing with me?

4) Tyreek Hill, Miami Dolphins | AAV: $30 million

5) Jaylen Waddle, Miami Dolphins | AAV: $28.25 million

Hill has a $56M cap hit in his last yr of his deal with no gtd cash attached to it. Literally proves why APY is dumb. That bumped it up to $30M when it's actually like $25M. Same with Adams and others. It's fake.

I'm completely fine giving him the 6th highest contract in the league. Why doesn't BA have great value? This contract is about the future and both Deebo and kittle might be gone after this yr.

if BA wants "$30M per" just attached some void yr with a massive cap hit like Hill did to make it look bigger than it actually is. Same stuff with ASB and Adams. Fluff that s**t up lol

only WR that got f**k your money that he will see a ton of it is JJ and BA ain't that

100% that APY is or at least usually is a fake number. Knowing that, a 30m distortion is still a 30m distortion. We need to compare apples to apples. Everyone is playing games with the APY, so it's somewhat consistent.

Originally posted by boast:
it blows my mind people talking up Pearsall and how he can easily replace BA when he hasn't even played a real game yet. it's wild.

Might be true, but agreed. It's way too early to have that sort of expectation. I guess we can hope, but don't count on it.
Originally posted by boast:

Might be true, but agreed. It's way too early to have that sort of expectation. I guess we can hope, but don't count on it.

Saw it with Lance as well. Gotta see the results on the field.
BA is a super important player about to have his best professional season, hopefully it will be for the 49ers.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Ricky hasn't played a single game, how is he more important than a proven All-Pro?

Hard to say he is almost more versatile and then follow that sentence up with "if he pans out".

Wait and see approach needed for R.P.

Never said he was more important. Almost see as being more versatile but still needs to prove it. Nothing was written in the sand there. Like he could be more versatile, who the hell knows but he could be.

We need Ricky P to start playing cause damn I wanna see this guy in action as a 9er already lol. LFG SLICK

Oh wait, this is the BA thread lol.
[ Edited by Montana on Jul 3, 2024 at 12:47 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Possibly true. The problem is that the other 5 WRs have performed at that level 3 or 4 seasons or had a faster build up. BA has 2 good seasons. He has 1 amazing season.

9ers aren't wrong for wanting to pay him 26m.

This. He is not elite and is not in the conversation with the top WRs of the NFL.

I'm not trying to say he is or isn't elite. I mean you could argue any starter for any team in the NFL is elite by definition...or you could be talking about the top 3. I just think based on his performance his market value puts him somewhere between 6th and 8th.

Too add to this convo, I struggle to justify paying 25 million to any WR especially in a run centric Shanny offense. We already have a 25 million dollar WR in Deebo....like it or not.

Deebo is a pretty good RB on a run-centric 49er team. I think of Deebo as half WR and half RB - and take his salary and basically split it between the RB and WR squads in terms of affordability. To have two CMC's isn't so much a luxury as it is an advantage you pay for to get that Kyle Shanahan *run game* going.

I'm 99.99999% confident that Aiyuk will be on the team this year. NY85 is right, the guaranteed payments are the sticking points and those won't be resolved until the other WR's get their guaranteed payments finalized.
Share 49ersWebzone