There are 226 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
BA is panicking.

He went online too much and now needs to close the deal with clout to save face. But he knows the Niners will never budge.

This gave the Niners even more leverage. They already have time and money on their side (they control both the carrot and the stick).

Now the Niners can stick to their gtd number and pump up his contract with fake non-gtd money he will never see in order to pump up the AAV so that BA can save face online. It's very important to BA to look good. The Twitter AAV will go up and the real gtd money will go down.

This is the reason players should just log off.
[ Edited by okdkid on Jul 7, 2024 at 4:39 PM ]
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Patton:
Originally posted by tankle104:
last year at this time he could only hit 18 😍

Great to see, but Deebo's biggest enemy is the injury bug. That's the demon he needs to slay this year.

This!

And route running.
Originally posted by okdkid:
BA is panicking.

He went online too much and now needs to close the deal with clout to save face. But he knows the Niners will never budge.

This gave the Niners even more leverage. They already have time and money on their side (they control both the carrot and the stick).

Now the Niners can stick to their gtd number and pump up his contract with fake non-gtd money he will never see in order to pump up the AAV so that BA can save face online. It's very important to BA to look good. The Twitter AAV will go up and the real gtd money will go down.

Umm huh. Nothing stopping him from not signing, but he was going to play this year. Next year would be the not report year.
Originally posted by RickyRoma:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Well whatever it was his production dropped off a ton last year.

In today's pass happy football, WR's are very important.

But I do hear you, $30 million is a lot to shell out to a WR. But we did re-set the RB market with CMC so why not do something similar with B.A?

Because CMC is arguably the best RB in football, on a run-oriented team. Aiyuk is a really good player, but without making a list, I'd be comfortable to say he's a top 20 receiver. He's closer to a Camaro than a Lambo....which isn't a bad thing.

If so, why wasn't that Camaro traded for a second or third round pick during the draft???
Aiyuk is easily top five based off his All Pro selection
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
BA is panicking.

Umm huh. Nothing stopping him from not signing, but he was going to play this year. Next year would be the not report year.

BA is stopping BA from signing. He won't risk playing on a one year deal for $14m only to get tagged next year and be right where we are today all over again. But he needs a Twitter AAV that makes it look like the wait was worth it. Even though it won't be real money.
[ Edited by okdkid on Jul 7, 2024 at 8:22 PM ]
Why do diva receivers have to be this way.
BA is panicking.

If the FO would have signed him at the start of the offseason he would have signed for 26 to 28 million. Now there's all this BS drama we will eventually have BA signed at 26 to 28 million. I don't know why the FO waits, i don't understand the logic. That being said if they did make that offer earlier (28 million) BA is over estimating his value. I guess we will have to see.
[ Edited by bassmanr on Jul 7, 2024 at 8:55 PM ]
Originally posted by bassmanr:
If the FO would have signed him at the start of the offseason he would have signed for 26 to 28 million. Now there's all this BS drama we will eventually have BA signed at 26 to 28 million. I don't know why the FO waits, i don't understand the logic. That being said if they did make that offer earlier (28 million) BA is over estimating his value. I guess we will have to see.

It's a two way street. Player also has to be willing to sign. I'm sure Aiyuks agent was wanting him to wait.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by bassmanr:

It's a two way street. Player also has to be willing to sign. I'm sure Aiyuks agent was wanting him to wait.

Maybe but if he got an offer of up to 28 mil and turned it down was a bad move. I doubt his agent would wait, who knows though. Contract negotiations are getting really bad the last few years for every team. We are always one of the last to sign our guys though.
[ Edited by bassmanr on Jul 7, 2024 at 9:15 PM ]

These days its more about the out of game drama than the game itself. Everything has changed for the bad. Too much froth and not enough bubble. It's a brutal cat and mouse game. Who knows which chess piece will checkmate the King. BA wants to stay. Fans want him to stay. The city of San Fransisco want him to stay. The coaching staff want him to stay. The Front Office want him to stay. The media want him to stay. Yet is he staying or going? We don't know. We don't know anything. We wait!
Originally posted by glorydayz:
If so, why wasn't that Camaro traded for a second or third round pick during the draft???

Because you don't responde irrationally at every instance a player acts like a child on social platforms.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Aiyuk is easily top five based off his All Pro selection

Can't agree with this logic. J. Jefferson and J. Chase neither made All Pro for different reasons, but BA ain't on that level. Dak Prescott 'easily' a top 5 QB? He was the second team All Pro.
Aiyuk is a weird dude
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Trade his dumb ass
Share 49ersWebzone