There are 264 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jimrat:
Trade his dumb ass

Not likely unless they get an offer that's too good to turn down. Aiyuk has no chis on tghe table. He's under contract so he has to play. He'll want a good season so his value would be higher in free agency. Her has no leverage. It's not like the 49ers have no weapons without him.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Jul 8, 2024 at 7:15 AM ]
Originally posted by RickyRoma:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
If so, why wasn't that Camaro traded for a second or third round pick during the draft???

Because you don't responde irrationally at every instance a player acts like a child on social platforms.

No, it's because we know he is a valuable asset. You don't pay the 5th year option on a lesser talented player/
Originally posted by bassmanr:
If the FO would have signed him at the start of the offseason he would have signed for 26 to 28 million. Now there's all this BS drama we will eventually have BA signed at 26 to 28 million. I don't know why the FO waits, i don't understand the logic. That being said if they did make that offer earlier (28 million) BA is over estimating his value. I guess we will have to see.

It's how they do stuff and have always done it…Warner/kittle/bosa/Deebo etc all waited. BA isn't anymore special than those guys.

I'm all for players getting theirs. Sure do your little social media scrub or whatever…BA has been taking it a little too personal and is riding the line of tampering at this pt. Overall imo it's not a good look for him. He will sign his deal and everyone can move on…I'm seeing DC fans that are over it all the same. They don't want him there if this is how he's going about it.

okdkid's post was on point…just fluff up the APY fake number. He's not gonna get more GTD $ going this route. SF doesn't have to do a damn thing at this pt.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 8, 2024 at 8:33 AM ]
Trade his dumb ass

And set a precedent that if you whine a little SF will cave and do whatever you want? No that's not how it works
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Trade his dumb ass

And set a precedent that if you whine a little SF will cave and do whatever you want? No that's not how it works

THIS
If the FO would have signed him at the start of the offseason he would have signed for 26 to 28 million. Now there's all this BS drama we will eventually have BA signed at 26 to 28 million. I don't know why the FO waits, i don't understand the logic. That being said if they did make that offer earlier (28 million) BA is over estimating his value. I guess we will have to see.

It's how they do stuff and have always done it…Warner/kittle/bosa/Deebo etc all waited. BA isn't anymore special than those guys.

I'm all for players getting theirs. Sure do your little social media scrub or whatever…BA has been taking it a little too personal and is riding the line of tampering at this pt. Overall imo it's not a good look for him. He will sign his deal and everyone can move on…I'm seeing DC fans that are over it all the same. They don't want him there if this is how he's going about it.

okdkid's post was on point…just fluff up the APY fake number. He's not gonna get more GTD $ going this route. SF doesn't have to do a damn thing at this pt.

Makes me wonder what advice his agent has and is giving him. It's not like the Niners low balling him either (As far as we know). The real APY is reflective of his work.
I hope this dude isn't sending 49ers' practice footage to homies on other teams....
[ Edited by Heroism on Jul 8, 2024 at 9:43 AM ]
Trade his dumb ass

I agree with the sentiment, because Aiyuk is giving diva WR's a bad name with all his immature BS. Then again, Aiyuk can do all of this childish crap and still NOT have any leverage from a negotiation standpoint. He's under contract for this year and the Niners could franchise him twice to really piss him off. Can't wait for this to end, one way or the other.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Trade his dumb ass

THIS

'A little'
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Makes me wonder what advice his agent has and is giving him. It's not like the Niners low balling him either (As far as we know). The real APY is reflective of his work.

Yeah I mean his agent is literally one of Lynch's best friends lol (also his agent). John was in William's wedding.

I don't think anyone is taking it personally besides BA. He's loving the attention (said that much), but if I was his agent I'd tell him to calm down…what he's doing isn't really helping him get what he wants any faster imo.

I'd also tell Daniels he's gotta stop being stupid. He's gonna get DC in trouble for tampering. They aren't trading for him, it would have already happened.

lol he can "hope" to play wherever he wants but he has no control over it. He's playing here this year and then will get traded wherever the hell we want next year.

It would be shocking if he was traded, and we know he wants to be at Washington so they'd have to offer a lot. I doubt their new gm would do something like that.
A cautionary note to players that demand a trade or walk away from good teams like the 49ers. Most of the time they end up with a team that doesn't even make the playoffs let alone the SB. Off hand I can't think of any 49er playerthat left and ended up with a team that made it to the SB. I know Haley and Sanders did but there were reasons Haley was traded. It wasn't about money. Sanders was only here one year so I consider him a mercenary.

I've seen it happen with the Warriors. Durant left and hasn't won anything since. Harrison Barnes left and never won anything. Now Klay is gone. All these players that leave for more money end up sitting around when they're in their 60s lamenting the fact that they never won a title or didn't stay where they were and win more. The money is huge for these star players so it doesn't make a difference in their life whether they have $20, $50 or $100 million in the bank. If they don't have those titles they often feel empty.

It is how the FO does things..I just don't think it's wise. They end up paying more or the players are not ready for the season. I know it's not only the niners that have this problem but it's not good for any team.

I agree just fluff the numbers so he saves face.

However back to my original point I wish there was a better way to sign these guys earlier.

It is how the FO does things..I just don't think it's wise. They end up paying more or the players are not ready for the season. I know it's not only the niners that have this problem but it's not good for any team.

However back to my original point I wish there was a better way to sign these guys earlier.

Even if front offices wanted to sign these players earlier they wouldn't be able too because the players don't want too. Salary caps keep going up year after year which means more $$$ to sign and the players obviously know this so they take a chance to wait it out to get more.
Originally posted by Oscar8325:

Even if front offices wanted to sign these players earlier they wouldn't be able too because the players don't want too. Salary caps keep going up year after year which means more $$$ to sign and the players obviously know this so they take a chance to wait it out to get more.

The NFL and the players association should set a rule that the player must show up if they are under contract. Negotiate a injury settlement in case to protect the player. It just sucks to see Deebo and Bosa showing up half the player they were on their contract year.
Share 49ersWebzone