There are 263 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by bassmanr:
The NFL and the players association should set a rule that the player must show up if they are under contract. Negotiate a injury settlement in case to protect the player. It just sucks to see Deebo and Bosa showing up half the player they were on their contract year.

Why would the NFLPA do that?
Originally posted by Oscar8325:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
If the FO would have signed him at the start of the offseason he would have signed for 26 to 28 million. Now there's all this BS drama we will eventually have BA signed at 26 to 28 million. I don't know why the FO waits, i don't understand the logic. That being said if they did make that offer earlier (28 million) BA is over estimating his value. I guess we will have to see.

It's how they do stuff and have always done it…Warner/kittle/bosa/Deebo etc all waited. BA isn't anymore special than those guys.

I'm all for players getting theirs. Sure do your little social media scrub or whatever…BA has been taking it a little too personal and is riding the line of tampering at this pt. Overall imo it's not a good look for him. He will sign his deal and everyone can move on…I'm seeing DC fans that are over it all the same. They don't want him there if this is how he's going about it.

okdkid's post was on point…just fluff up the APY fake number. He's not gonna get more GTD $ going this route. SF doesn't have to do a damn thing at this pt.

It is how the FO does things..I just don't think it's wise. They end up paying more or the players are not ready for the season. I know it's not only the niners that have this problem but it's not good for any team.

I agree just fluff the numbers so he saves face.

However back to my original point I wish there was a better way to sign these guys earlier.

Even if front offices wanted to sign these players earlier they wouldn't be able too because the players don't want too. Salary caps keep going up year after year which means more $$$ to sign and the players obviously know this so they take a chance to wait it out to get more.

The NFL and the players association should set a rule that the player must show up if they are under contract. Negotiate a injury settlement in case to protect the player. It just sucks to see Deebo and Bosa showing up half the player they were on their contract year.

There is already a rule in place, this is why the player is fined.

That rule is broken when the player utilizes protesting as a negotiation tactic.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

The contracts are already set up that way and is the reason there are fines for not showing up.

Also, all players have injury clauses in them.

The league officials and owners would have to do that. Giving the players a guaranteed injury settlement makes it so the player gets something if they get injured during training camp or pre season, NFLPA would negotiate this piece. These holdouts are just ridiculous and waist of click bait for everyone's amusement.

The league officials and owners would have to do that. Giving the players a guaranteed injury settlement makes it so the player gets something if they get injured during training camp or pre season, NFLPA would negotiate this piece. These holdouts are just ridiculous and waist of click bait for everyone's amusement.

It's a players way of trying to get the most money he can possibly get and since they realistically only get 2 negotiations for big contracts I have a hard time holding anything against the players who use any tactic possible to get paid
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Why do diva receivers have to be this way.

He has never acted like a diva receiver. The dude wants to get paid and I do blame him.
Originally posted by boast:
it blows my mind people talking up Pearsall and how he can easily replace BA when he hasn't even played a real game yet. it's wild.

It drives me crazy. I few clips of him against air has people singing his praises.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

The contracts are already set up that way and is the reason there are fines for not showing up.

Also, all players have injury clauses in them.

Yeah while under contract as long as the player doesn't get hurt doing something real dumb they will be taken care of. I meant why would the NFLPA negotiate to remove any power their players have in negotiations
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Jul 8, 2024 at 3:22 PM ]

It's a players way of trying to get the most money he can possibly get and since they realistically only get 2 negotiations for big contracts I have a hard time holding anything against the players who use any tactic possible to get paid

I agree however holding out usually costs the team and the player. There should be some other way just say'in.
Worker based Strikes happen in every industry.

It's the only way for the worker to negotiate.

Originally posted by Oscar8325:
If the FO would have signed him at the start of the offseason he would have signed for 26 to 28 million. Now there's all this BS drama we will eventually have BA signed at 26 to 28 million. I don't know why the FO waits, i don't understand the logic. That being said if they did make that offer earlier (28 million) BA is over estimating his value. I guess we will have to see.

It's how they do stuff and have always done it…Warner/kittle/bosa/Deebo etc all waited. BA isn't anymore special than those guys.

I'm all for players getting theirs. Sure do your little social media scrub or whatever…BA has been taking it a little too personal and is riding the line of tampering at this pt. Overall imo it's not a good look for him. He will sign his deal and everyone can move on…I'm seeing DC fans that are over it all the same. They don't want him there if this is how he's going about it.

okdkid's post was on point…just fluff up the APY fake number. He's not gonna get more GTD $ going this route. SF doesn't have to do a damn thing at this pt.

It is how the FO does things..I just don't think it's wise. They end up paying more or the players are not ready for the season. I know it's not only the niners that have this problem but it's not good for any team.

I agree just fluff the numbers so he saves face.

However back to my original point I wish there was a better way to sign these guys earlier.

Even if front offices wanted to sign these players earlier they wouldn't be able too because the players don't want too. Salary caps keep going up year after year which means more $$$ to sign and the players obviously know this so they take a chance to wait it out to get more.

The fines is the motivation. If teams choose to waive it, that's on them. But teams/owners are all but assured a player won't sit out. And then having a down year only hurts their value. Just have to be patient, which this franchise is doing.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Makes me wonder what advice his agent has and is giving him. It's not like the Niners low balling him either (As far as we know). The real APY is reflective of his work.

So if the strategy from BA's camp is to wait it out and the strategy from the Niners front office is to wait...then wtf are we doing here? This is a dumb strategy by both sides. At this level this cannot be a real tactic. This isn't a car sale we're talking about here
its been nice having you on the niners brandon aiyuk. i dont think youre staying with us anymore. i dont know why we were so slow to get a deal done and let other teams reset the market...yeah im just in my feelings right now but man its not looking good if matt maiocco doenst think so
[ Edited by picklejuice on Jul 8, 2024 at 10:31 PM ]
Football players, they will come, and they will go, when the rain washes you clean, you'll know.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Worker based Strikes happen in every industry.

It's the only way for the worker to negotiate.

Sure but he has zero leverage here.
Share 49ersWebzone