There are 234 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by picklejuice:
its been nice having you on the niners brandon aiyuk. i dont think youre staying with us anymore. i dont know why we were so slow to get a deal done and let other teams reset the market...yeah im just in my feelings right now but man its not looking good if matt maiocco doenst think so

I totally disagree with Maiocco's train of thought. This team has a couple older players that will most likely be gone in a yr. You got Kittle/deebo essentially playing in a contract yr.

trent is getting old as well. Those are 3 massively high contracts that will either be lowered (with an extension) or moved in a yr. So then what? You should be thinking about keeping your good young talent that actually stays on the field. Guys Lenoir and BA fit that mold. Premium positions for the future.

I feel like for a while now MM has been talking out his butt more than anything. No one truthfully knows what's what and it's more opinion based with some back loaded well maybe this or this could happen to cover their asses.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 9, 2024 at 7:50 AM ]
its been nice having you on the niners brandon aiyuk. i dont think youre staying with us anymore. i dont know why we were so slow to get a deal done and let other teams reset the market...yeah im just in my feelings right now but man its not looking good if matt maiocco doenst think so

it takes two to negotiate.. who says the niners were slow to negotiate I am sure Aiyuk wanted to wait so he would have more leverage. if he had done a deal early what leverage would he have had ?
Originally posted by Izyniner:

it takes two to negotiate.. who says the niners were slow to negotiate I am sure Aiyuk wanted to wait so he would have more leverage. if he had done a deal early what leverage would he have had ?

What leverage does he have now,or ever? He only has instagram, which imo is not leverage, it's actually PR damaging. If players hate this format, they need to renegotiate it next CBA.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I totally disagree with Maiocco's train of thought. This team has a couple older players that will most likely be gone in a yr. You got Kittle/deebo essentially playing in a contract yr.

trent is getting old as well. Those are 3 massively high contracts that will either be lowered (with an extension) or moved in a yr. So then what? You should be thinking about keeping your good young talent that actually stays on the field. Guys Lenoir and BA fit that mold. Premium positions for the future.

I feel like for a while now MM has been talking out his butt more than anything. No one truthfully knows what's what and it's more opinion based with some back loaded well maybe this or this could happen to cover their asses.

yeah you're right MM has changed. he's not the same anymore. he's been talking more out of his butt nowadays for a real beat writer. i know he reads twitter so maybe twitter types influenced him.
[ Edited by picklejuice on Jul 9, 2024 at 12:07 PM ]
BA sat alone in a boggy marsh/Totally motionless except for his heart/Mud flowed up into BA's pyjamas/He totally confused all the passing piranhas.
I don't think any of us are in a position to say MM is talking out his butt. We know he gets information on background, and we know he's a man of high character. That doesn't mean everything he suggests for the future will happen, but to me, it reflects an attitude in at least some parts of the FO.

I think we've made an offer commensurate with BA's value to the team. His other option is to play under the 5th year, which I believe would be irrational. I think we'll take either option. Fact of the matter is signing him even at our offer will hurt the roster in other areas down the road, and that amount is our perceived break even point. If true, I don't see why we even care. I'm not sure our FO does. I'm not sure BA's antics are making us more determined to get his signature.

I also think Adam Peters wants to leave his mark via the draft, so he will not have a high appetite to give very high draft capital for him. If we tag and trade him next year, I'll predict he'll go to a team that will overpay to bail out a more desperate FO or coach.

For those who moan our FO is really stupid for not getting BA signed at a higher price before the market exploded, I'd suggest they might consider they'd rather trade him than pay him an amount that would be counter productive. I doubt we ever thought we must make a deal at any price. And having him for this SB run year at $14.1m while we hope to get Pearsall up to speed is attractive to us.
[ Edited by BOI49er on Jul 10, 2024 at 8:07 AM ]
This is BA's one big chance at a huge pay day. He just be keepin' it real! and sending pics on his Instagram account of him driving through the Levi Stadium gates and he like catching balls in a gorgeous park somewhere. It cool.

BA is on a frantically grinning, gurning, hyperactive lurch into self-righteous indignation that evokes nothing more than visions of retribution involving a plank with a nail through one end.

But he is no different in that, than most WRs in this league. They are Divas by name and Divas by nature and Divas by lifestyle.
The wr's have been pretty quiet this year as far as diva s**t. Justin Jefferson, Amon St Brown, Davonte Smith, AJ Brown, Calvin Ridley all got paid without all the BS. And Ceedee Lamb, and Jamar Chase haven't been paid but both have been quiet. BA and Tee Higgans have been the only guys with the foolishness this year that i recall.
less than 2 weeks until vets report for camp

[ Edited by Heroism on Jul 10, 2024 at 9:07 PM ]
Bro needs to stop f**kin with his phone while he's driving. He does more car social media than a redneck.

New deal or not, he better come in to camp in great shape, contract year he needs to ball out in hopes of getting 30 per in free agency. That's the thing that alot of fans don't understand, he's still under contract for the 5th year, he has to play, he has absolutely no choice.
Lol..he still cryin?
Originally posted by frenchmov:

Yeah that's totally replaceable
When is he signing? It's time to sign now.
Share 49ersWebzone