There are 219 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Yeah that's totally replaceable

It's kind of baffling that some fans think we can just plug in a rookie. I understand it's frustrating when players use social media and so on to complain but aiyuk is basically open every play.... Go watch the film. You don't let that walk unless you get a ridiculous offer, I don't care how much aiyuk complains
Originally posted by frenchmov:

It's kind of baffling that some fans think we can just plug in a rookie. I understand it's frustrating when players use social media and so on to complain but aiyuk is basically open every play.... Go watch the film. You don't let that walk unless you get a ridiculous offer, I don't care how much aiyuk complains

Fans just being frugal with money that's not theirs lol.

people did it with Deebo, kittle, Fred and even some with Bosa.

anyone debating he's not a baller and can't do ALL the s**t needed to be a great WR, respectfully don't know what they're looking at.

I like Slick Rick, I think he's a damn good route runner and plays like a dog. He ain't BA though and shouldn't be asked to be that as a rookie.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 11, 2024 at 10:40 AM ]
Bingo

Bingo

I get what that guy is trying to say, but it's obvious there is not infinite value. That's what the last 100 pages have been about . It's clear BA thinks his value is X, and the 49ers want to pay him (and perhaps believe) his value is less than X.
Bingo

Not hating on Aiyuk but when Deebo went down vs the Browns we went 0-3 with him out when the offense went through Aiyuk more. Sooo I don't know if that's "at their best"
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Bingo

Not hating on Aiyuk but when Deebo went down vs the Browns we went 0-3 with him out when the offense went through Aiyuk more. Sooo I don't know if that's "at their best"

Well let's add some context there…Cleveland game was when it was pouring out and our Qb wasn't exactly playing well. Also SF would have still won if that FG was made.

The next two games that they lost, Trent Williams was also out. That Cinci game got out of hand and our D couldn't stop a nose bleed. When teams know we're forced to pass the ball the offense struggles more. That's a pass-pro issue imo.

The offense always flows through CMC regardless of what WR is out there.

What I was agreeing with is having a WR that has that much success on damn near every route is a tremendous asset. You don't have to scheme s**t open all the time and pray everyone executes the play to perfection for success. You got a WR that wins consistently and that's not something every team has.
Bingo

Well let's add some context there…Cleveland game was when it was pouring out and our Qb wasn't exactly playing well. Also SF would have still won if that FG was made.

The next two games that they lost, Trent Williams was also out. That Cinci game got out of hand and our D couldn't stop a nose bleed. When teams know we're forced to pass the ball the offense struggles more. That's a pass-pro issue imo.

The offense always flows through CMC regardless of what WR is out there.

What I was agreeing with is having a WR that has that much success on damn near every route is a tremendous asset. You don't have to scheme s**t open all the time and pray everyone executes the play to perfection for success. You got a WR that wins consistently and that's not something every team has.

I'm not disagreeing that having a great receiver is good for this team or hell any team was just poking fun at his "at their best" comment. We are most definitely at our best when CMC is getting chunk runs and it opens up the passing game for our receivers.
Bingo

Both sides have circumstantial evidence on their side. What you said is absolutely true. And the 49ers are probably using that along with his actual numbers to come up with a number whereas Aiyuk is projecting what he would be if targeted more.

In Aiyuk's defense, Shanahan said he hasn't adjusted well when Deebo isn't there. Dude has elite efficiency. It's like a pass rusher being top 5 or 10 in win rate but only having 9 or 10 sacks due to number of snaps played.

I get the 49ers position. They have a lot of mouths to feed and trying to save every bit of cap space- as they should. Its basically a game of chicken.
I'm not disagreeing that having a great receiver is good for this team or hell any team was just poking fun at his "at their best" comment. We are most definitely at our best when CMC is getting chunk runs and it opens up the passing game for our receivers.

For sure. The offense will flow thru CMC as long as he's standing lol.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Both sides have circumstantial evidence on their side. What you said is absolutely true. And the 49ers are probably using that along with his actual numbers to come up with a number whereas Aiyuk is projecting what he would be if targeted more.

In Aiyuk's defense, Shanahan said he hasn't adjusted well when Deebo isn't there. Dude has elite efficiency. It's like a pass rusher being top 5 or 10 in win rate but only having 9 or 10 sacks due to number of snaps played.

I get the 49ers position. They have a lot of mouths to feed and trying to save every bit of cap space- as they should. Its basically a game of chicken.

They do have a lot of mouths to feed today, but a couple of those mouths are getting old and their contracts (GTD $) are all but gone.

gotta start paying those younger guys for future play.

Aiyuk is a great WR. He probably fits the needs of the 49er's offense better than Deebo does at this point. Last year he hit 1,000 yards and this year he did over 1,400 with limited reps. There's a great argument for why he should get paid. On the other side of the coin, He's only had 2 good years playing as a #2 and hasn't usually been the focus of defenses, which is probably why the 9ers are suggesting that he's not quite worth 30m a year. That's valid too.

Aiyuk has a choice, he can take his 14m and then prove that he's a top 5 WR this upcoming season and he will get every penny he deserves after or he can take the quick guaranteed money now. I personally think it is a wash for him, but it's not my money or my ego.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Aiyuk is a great WR. He probably fits the needs of the 49er's offense better than Deebo does at this point. Last year he hit 1,000 yards and this year he did over 1,400 with limited reps. There's a great argument for why he should get paid. On the other side of the coin, He's only had 2 good years playing as a #2 and hasn't usually been the focus of defenses, which is probably why the 9ers are suggesting that he's not quite worth 30m a year. That's valid too.

Aiyuk has a choice, he can take his 14m and then prove that he's a top 5 WR this upcoming season and he will get every penny he deserves after or he can take the quick guaranteed money now. I personally think it is a wash for him, but it's not my money or my ego.

I get that perspective.

Honestly I'd love to know the real numbers being thrown out. The whole worth $30M vs $26M means absolutely nothing. The FGTD cash is all that matters. If that's the issue just stick some massive void yr cap hit at the end of the deal like Hill/Adams have.

I think worst case scenario is having him play on his option. That's $15M that can't be applied to the FGTD $ in an extension. That's an extra yr that won't be tied into an extension… bad ROI imo.

he's heading into his 5th yr with this team. They gotta have a clue of who he is and what he's capable of at this pt. I don't see what he has to show? All it does is prolong the extension and make him more cash. Once Lamb/Chase get their deals done, it's just gonna push that number up. Like Fat Joe says "yesterday's price is not today's price" SF has to realize that.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 11, 2024 at 12:44 PM ]
Originally posted by frenchmov:

Fans just being frugal with money that's not theirs lol.

people did it with Deebo, kittle, Fred and even some with Bosa.

anyone debating he's not a baller and can't do ALL the s**t needed to be a great WR, respectfully don't know what they're looking at.

I like Slick Rick, I think he's a damn good route runner and plays like a dog. He ain't BA though and shouldn't be asked to be that as a rookie.

Aiyuk is a very good all around player, no doubt.

The idea of Ricky replacing him should be with the mentality that Pearsall and cowing are now second year players because I don't see Aiyuk going anywhere this year - it's after this upcoming season where we don't know if he stays.

if we resign Aiyuk, great. If we don't, I don't think it'll be nearly as impactful in comparison to if we didn't resign kittle or Deebo or Fred or Bosa etc. their impact is felt much more and depended on way more, IMO.

I still think we resign him. I just don't think it's a massive deal if we don't come to an agreement with him. Especially if Pearsall and cowing show promise this year.

I think we will just tag him and trade him next off season , if we don't come to terms with him this off season. He's going to just get more expensive so I don't see us signing him the longer we wait

The big third down catch at the end of the packers game was awesome too. Super tight throw by Brock and awesome catch by Aiyuk to hold onto it.

Kittle dropped a wide open ball right before it that would of been a first too.
Share 49ersWebzone