There are 473 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
That Aiyuk chart is exactly why I never wavered in my desire to see him extended here.

When you look at the SB tape I just can't believe Kyle saw how it went down and think let's just keep things how they were and it will work next time.

I don't expect us to revamp the whole offense and suddenly go to a 4 wide WR set as our bread and butter, we're still going to be a run first offense but I think we all saw how the team fell apart when Deebo was the heavy focal point and got hurt or in the SB where he was shut down. Need Aiyuk and the other guys to flip and channel the offense through him.

We still should've won that game but we need to be a team that can win vs team who play excellent man coverage. Aiyuk can win in either case and opens up the offense in a big way. Pay the man and let's win this damn thing.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Aiyuk is a very good all around player, no doubt.

The idea of Ricky replacing him should be with the mentality that Pearsall and cowing are now second year players because I don't see Aiyuk going anywhere this year - it's after this upcoming season where we don't know if he stays.

if we resign Aiyuk, great. If we don't, I don't think it'll be nearly as impactful in comparison to if we didn't resign kittle or Deebo or Fred or Bosa etc. their impact is felt much more and depended on way more, IMO.

I still think we resign him. I just don't think it's a massive deal if we don't come to an agreement with him. Especially if Pearsall and cowing show promise this year.

I think we will just tag him and trade him next off season , if we don't come to terms with him this off season. He's going to just get more expensive so I don't see us signing him the longer we wait

Ricky hasn't shown he can beat press man coverage yet (not saying he can't or won't improve there).

A ton of folks during the draft process have him a slot/ZWR only guy at the next level. Same with Cowing. So who's playing split end? Deebo can't either. There's a massive difference between getting free releases and being in motion all game vs being on the outside on an island told to beat their guy consistently. Guys that can do that well are valuable.

We're talking about offense. How is kittle/deebo's impact on the field vastly greater at this pt? I love those guys, they also are getting older and can't stay on the field. That s**t matters and BA does stay on the field. You can't keep giving out massive contracts to older guys that get hurt.
That's a bad investment….If the price is right you can resign Kittle because they don't have anything behind him and a great TE is important to this scheme.

go look at past Kyle teams and what was needed. It was always that X WR and a quality TE that can stay on the field all 3 downs (toss in a FB as well). I love Deebo he's the man, he's also a luxury not a necessity to run Kyle's offense. Once he's gone you're not finding another one. You just evolve the offense. He's always gonna need that XWR though.

If they're not extending him this yr then they won't next yr. Price is only going up. Having him play on his 5th yr option is stupid. Wasted opportunity to have him signed longer and giving up $15 of FGTD cash that could have went into his new deal. This way there's no long-term investment attached. Bad ROI for no reason outside of not paying him a little more now.

just get the deal done and get him into camp so we don't suffer from another down year from a holdout player.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 12, 2024 at 7:20 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Aiyuk is a very good all around player, no doubt.

The idea of Ricky replacing him should be with the mentality that Pearsall and cowing are now second year players because I don't see Aiyuk going anywhere this year - it's after this upcoming season where we don't know if he stays.

if we resign Aiyuk, great. If we don't, I don't think it'll be nearly as impactful in comparison to if we didn't resign kittle or Deebo or Fred or Bosa etc. their impact is felt much more and depended on way more, IMO.

I still think we resign him. I just don't think it's a massive deal if we don't come to an agreement with him. Especially if Pearsall and cowing show promise this year.

I think we will just tag him and trade him next off season , if we don't come to terms with him this off season. He's going to just get more expensive so I don't see us signing him the longer we wait

Ricky hasn't shown he can beat press man coverage yet (not saying he can't or won't improve there).

A ton of folks during the draft process have him a slot/ZWR only guy at the next level. Same with Cowing. So who's playing split end? Deebo can't either. There's a massive difference between getting free releases and being in motion all game vs being on the outside on an island told to beat their guy consistently. Guys that can do that well are valuable.

We're talking about offense. How is kittle/deebo's impact on the field vastly greater at this pt? I love those guys, they also are getting older and can't stay on the field. That s**t matters and BA does stay on the field. You can't keep giving out massive contracts to older guys that get hurt.
That's a bad investment….If the price is right you can resign Kittle because they don't have anything behind him and a great TE is important to this scheme.

go look at past Kyle teams and what was needed. It was always that X WR and a quality TE that can stay on the field all 3 downs (toss in a FB as well). I love Deebo he's the man, he's also a luxury not a necessity to run Kyle's offense. Once he's gone you're not finding another one. You just evolve the offense. He's always gonna need that XWR though.

If they're not extending him this yr then they won't next yr. Price is only going up. Having him play on his 5th yr option is stupid. Wasted opportunity to have him signed longer and giving up $15 of FGTD cash that could have went into his new deal. This way there's no long-term investment attached. Bad ROI for no reason outside of not paying him a little more now.

just get the deal done and get him into camp so we don't suffer from another down year from a holdout player.

That's my worry also, but I think Purdy is good enough that when Aiyuk signs late in training camp (at least that's my projection), the timing and chemistry between Aiyuk and Purdy should kick in around mid to late season. It will be rough during the first half of the season if Aiyuk signs late. But I have hopes that Pearsall can develop that timing and chemistry with Purdy and make up for some of that lost production while Aiyuk is rounding into NFL game shape late in the season.

I have the same worry about the TE position. Walsh had Russ Francis, John Frank, and Brent Jones in consecutive order and that TE position under Walsh was always at an all pro level during Walsh's tenure. Kyle has to find his second TE pretty soon before Kittle's play drops off.
Originally posted by genus49:
That Aiyuk chart is exactly why I never wavered in my desire to see him extended here.

When you look at the SB tape I just can't believe Kyle saw how it went down and think let's just keep things how they were and it will work next time.

I don't expect us to revamp the whole offense and suddenly go to a 4 wide WR set as our bread and butter, we're still going to be a run first offense but I think we all saw how the team fell apart when Deebo was the heavy focal point and got hurt or in the SB where he was shut down. Need Aiyuk and the other guys to flip and channel the offense through him.

We still should've won that game but we need to be a team that can win vs team who play excellent man coverage. Aiyuk can win in either case and opens up the offense in a big way. Pay the man and let's win this damn thing.

He was covered like a BLANKET in the Super Bowl by the Chiefs ELITE CB's. Looked OVERRATED in the SB vs the Chiefs but was mostly excellent all season long. Not at all open in the SB though. That's just a FALSE argument in every way. He can't get open vs the elites.
Package aiyuk and a third to LV for Adams?? Hell yeah I'd do that. Even if it's a one year rental. Adams is still insanely good and would be a massive threat
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

He was covered like a BLANKET in the Super Bowl by the Chiefs ELITE CB's. Looked OVERRATED in the SB vs the Chiefs but was mostly excellent all season long. Not at all open in the SB though. That's just a FALSE argument in every way. He can't get open vs the elites.

lol What are you talking about ? He got open
Package aiyuk and a third to LV for Adams?? Hell yeah I'd do that. Even if it's a one year rental. Adams is still insanely good and would be a massive threat

If anything Raiders should give us a pick.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

If anything Raiders should give us a pick.

Actually that is a trade I can get behind!

Look at our 3rd round picks over the last few years. I would gladly trade Latu, and the RB's we got rid of along with B.A for D. Adams.

With that said, B.A is 5 years younger than Adams. I would be good with resigning B.A or trading him for Adams cause I don't see a way for us to lose either way.
lol Jimmy was so bad there.

[ Edited by tankle104 on Jul 13, 2024 at 12:54 PM ]

JG was bad here too

I wouldn't mind it. Adams be hungry too.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Every time you talk football you show us more and more how you should probably not talk about football.

Either that or you need to watch football with someone who actually has eyes that work.

here is a good list of the plays your buddy can watch and explain to you if you care.

[ Edited by genus49 on Jul 13, 2024 at 2:09 PM ]
Originally posted by Montana:

I wouldn't mind it. Adams be hungry too.

Well I mean if we are going to have to pay a ton for a WR - I'd be more comfortable paying Adams cause he's an unreal threat. I'm not knocking Aiyuk, he's a stud, but I don't think he's on Adam's level as a threat in the passing game.

Adams - Kittle - Deebo - Cmc - Jennings - Pearsall - Cowing

yes, please. Lol plus Adams doesn't have any more guaranteed money and the raiders would have approx $23M in dead cap from his signing bonus. So we would have to offer up something to alleviate that cap pain.

id gladly trade Aiyuk and a third for him.

Its a cautionary tale lol. Adams is in LV because he wanted to play with his BFF in Carr. Could've stayed in Green Bay and went from Rodgers to Love.
Well I mean if we are going to have to pay a ton for a WR - I'd be more comfortable paying Adams cause he's an unreal threat. I'm not knocking Aiyuk, he's a stud, but I don't think he's on Adam's level as a threat in the passing game.

Adams - Kittle - Deebo - Cmc - Jennings - Pearsall - Cowing

yes, please. Lol plus Adams doesn't have any more guaranteed money and the raiders would have approx $23M in dead cap from his signing bonus. So we would have to offer up something to alleviate that cap pain.

id gladly trade Aiyuk and a third for him.

Yeah, Adams is a stud, wouldn't mind some of that inferno lol. It's not a bad idea. Davante is dying to be on a team that is on his level. That would be the Niners, my friend. Raiders is a dead horse, I would hate having tons of talent and being stuck on a bum team and had to deal with a ditzy Jimmy lol
Share 49ersWebzone