There are 523 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Still not traded for an offensive lineman. I am disappointed
Originally posted by Montana:
Yeah, Adams is a stud, wouldn't mind some of that inferno lol. It's not a bad idea. Davante is dying to be on a team that is on his level. That would be the Niners, my friend. Raiders is a dead horse, I would hate having tons of talent and being stuck on a bum team and had to deal with a ditzy Jimmy lol

Adams is a cap hit of $25M this year but I don't think he has any guaranteed money after this year (the dead cap will stay with the raiders cause it's his signing bonus spread out).

Maybe we can redo his contract to lower his cap this year and give him some guaranteed money for the future.

i mean if we are going to pay a WR $28M+, Adams wouldn't be a bad option to do that with. Win/win - and he gets a chance to compete for a chip.

id love to see this offense with Adams ballin out. Lol send Aiyuk to Vegas and see how many yards he puts up. lol sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for in this league.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jul 13, 2024 at 5:00 PM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:
Adams is a cap hit of $25M this year but I don't think he has any guaranteed money after this year (the dead cap will stay with the raiders cause it's his signing bonus spread out).

Maybe we can redo his contract to lower his cap this year and give him some guaranteed money for the future.

i mean if we are going to pay a WR $28M+, Adams wouldn't be a bad option to do that with. Win/win - and he gets a chance to compete for a chip.

id love to see this offense with Adams ballin out. Lol send Aiyuk to Vegas and see how many yards he puts up. lol sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for in this league.

His cap hit to us would only be $17 million this year. Just 3 million more than BA. Restructuring DA could potentially make it worse in the future than signing BA. This trade has 0% chance of happening would be worse than just signing BA to 32+ deal

SF Should bite the bullet and get BA done
Originally posted by krizay:
His cap hit to us would only be $17 million this year. Just 3 million more than BA. Restructuring DA could potentially make it worse in the future than signing BA. This trade has 0% chance of happening would be worse than just signing BA to 32+ deal

SF Should bite the bullet and get BA done

I disagree, but to each their own. BA isn't in the same class as Adams, IMO. Adams is a top notch player and in this system with this talent, would be insane.

BA is awesome but he isn't special. I'm fine with either but if it's possible to get Adams on that sort of trade - I'd do it:

win/win for us and raiders. We get a caliber player to help us out even more with our young qb and chance to win it all. Raiders get a solid young building block. Adams wants to win now, not 3 years from now.
I disagree, but to each their own. BA isn't in the same class as Adams, IMO. Adams is a top notch player and in this system with this talent, would be insane.

BA is awesome but he isn't special. I'm fine with either but if it's possible to get Adams on that sort of trade - I'd do it:

win/win for us and raiders. We get a caliber player to help us out even more with our young qb and chance to win it all. Raiders get a solid young building block. Adams wants to win now, not 3 years from now.

Adams has like a year or two max left of productivity. This would be a horrendous trade for us
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Adams has like a year or two max left of productivity. This would be a horrendous trade for us

and at the rate we are going, we will have 1 year left of Aiyuk. The longer we wait, the more expensive he will be. He went from like $24M a year or so early in the off season to $30M+. If we wait until after this year to sign him - he will be much more than that.
Originally posted by Hangman_52:

Not to worry. Forester is teaching the o-line the Chiefs blocking technique.
Page 666 Aiyuk signing incoming

and at the rate we are going, we will have 1 year left of Aiyuk. The longer we wait, the more expensive he will be. He went from like $24M a year or so early in the off season to $30M+. If we wait until after this year to sign him - he will be much more than that.

He was never signing for 24 million a year this offseason but yes. Contracts grow the longer you wait unless the player doesn't play well.

i think it makes sense for the 49ers to sign him long term vs playing on a prove it type of deal. Now if they want to risk it and maybe push him more they can let him play under the option and wait but yes if he plays as well as expected his $ goes up but then you have a chance at getting your best this year and give yourselves a clearer picture after seeing how all your guys look including the two rookies.

Either decision has advantages and disadvantages.

We will make it happen. I would hope lynch learned his lesson with Buckner. In the long run, extending a good/young/healthy player actually SAVES money.
Originally posted by father49er:
Originally posted by Hangman_52:

Not to worry. Forester is teaching the o-line the Chiefs blocking technique.

He needs to teach them something with how bad they performed In the super bowl 😭

We will make it happen. I would hope lynch learned his lesson with Buckner. In the long run, extending a good/young/healthy player actually SAVES money.

Correct. now our FO needs to use some foresight and sign the good young guys earlier in the process instead of later in the process.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Correct. now our FO needs to use some foresight and sign the good young guys earlier in the process instead of later in the process.

OK, in reality, here's the deal. We've got him for just over $14m this year, and the next two years under the tag it's projected to be under $25m in '25 and under $30m in '26. Add that up, and it comes to $69m over three years, which averages $23m per year. All the while, We have zero dead money outs year to year on his health or performance. That's All on him.

Hey Brandon. Are you Stupid? No. I didn't think so. See you in a week, and enjoy that huge signing bonus earning interest.

And PS, for those who think we can't pay the tag because we can't spread it out, for a "good deal", oh yes we can, by spreading out other contracts, and that all comes back us on This contract.

None of this is going to happen, because we Are offering far better. Most of us live in the real world. Those that don't don't do well in life.
Is that article true they have offered $26m a year and Diva said no? Not sure what guaranteed is but yearly is plenty if true.
Share 49ersWebzone