There are 666 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Play this year, tag and trade, win win
Originally posted by JMC52:

I think their long term plan for Debo to go next year and keep B. But they can't tell him that and all they can do is try to make it work. It will cost more if they wait next year and they need to pay Brock. Their plan is most likely much further out than just this season. I have always felt that plan does not include Deeb.
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Jul 15, 2024 at 6:51 PM ]

That's looking likely but let's see what happens here over the next 10 or so days, that'll be telling.

im not as optimistic as i was about resigning him but I think there is a good chance. Him missing camp is a problem cause of fines (unless we forgive them).

I think it's most likely that he stays here this year and then tag/trade next year. If that doesn't happen, I can see something like the Adams trade I mentioned before. It'll be interesting but I feel like Aiyuk wants more than we are going to offer - I think the only way we mend the bridge is if we offer a lot of guaranteed money.
Originally posted by tankle104:

That's looking likely but let's see what happens here over the next 10 or so days, that'll be telling.

im not as optimistic as i was about resigning him but I think there is a good chance. Him missing camp is a problem cause of fines (unless we forgive them).

I think it's most likely that he stays here this year and then tag/trade next year. If that doesn't happen, I can see something like the Adams trade I mentioned before. It'll be interesting but I feel like Aiyuk wants more than we are going to offer - I think the only way we mend the bridge is if we offer a lot of guaranteed money.

Fines can not be forgiven anymore. For rookie contracts on the 5th year during training camp, they are now $50k a day.

The loop hole, which will be filled, is players sometimes "hold in" now. But that's gonna hurt their contract year performance.
Originally posted by BOI49er:

Fines can not be forgiven anymore. For rookie contracts on the 5th year during training camp, they are now $50k a day.

The loop hole, which will be filled, is players sometimes "hold in" now. But that's gonna hurt their contract year performance.

Hmm are you sure? I was under the impression that players on their rookie contract (including fifth year option) could have the fines forgiven but if they sign an extension (or a second contract in general), those can't be forgiven.

its meant to stop players from holding out after signing an extension when the position starts making more.

I could be wrong though. Not 100% sure
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jul 15, 2024 at 8:04 PM ]
Originally posted by BOI49er:

Hmm are you sure? I was under the impression that players on their rookie contract (including fifth year option) could have the fines forgiven but if they sign an extension (or a second contract in general), those can't be forgiven.

its meant to stop players from holding out after signing an extension when the position starts making more.

I think you're right.

What is the rumor these days? Niners offer 26 gtd a year, but he wants what?

You are correct

Or just sign him to an extension and have a top 10 WR for the foreseeable future. They have two older receivers on expiring contracts and a bunch of unknowns.

I don't care about what if draft picks, the hope is you can find the next BA when you already have him and he's got a great rapport with Brock.

they should always be trying to give extensions a yr before they become FAs. Apply that 5th yr option to his GTD $
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 16, 2024 at 8:43 AM ]
Welp good luck with that

Trade this Diva already

This is laughable because he is under contract this year and we won't move him unless WE get what WE want for him in return. No favors given!
Let's just pay him what he wants. He's so valuable. We can suffer the consequences later, but our offense needs to remain loaded next season. I think it's our last real shot with this core group
Originally posted by Silky:
Let's just pay him what he wants. He's so valuable. We can suffer the consequences later, but our offense needs to remain loaded next season. I think it's our last real shot with this core group

We won't freak out and do something out of desperation
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Welp good luck with that

We own him this year.

CMCs dad leaked on the radio a few weeks ago that we offered him around 27-28M and Aiyuks team wasn't happy with it. He wants more than St Brown it sounds like.
Originally posted by mitpdub:
We own him this year.

CMCs dad leaked on the radio a few weeks ago that we offered him around 27-28M and Aiyuks team wasn't happy with it. He wants more than St Brown it sounds like.

Well Aiyuks demands may not be the best use of our investment dollars. But in business both sides have to make the best move and I trust that we will
Share 49ersWebzone