Cardinals stun turnover-plagued 49ers 24-23 after second-half comeback →

There are 352 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
At this point, we deserve to lose him. I dont understand for the life of me what our front office is doing here. He should have been locked up before Amon and all of them. Since he wasnt, we have no choice but to give him market rate.

Blows my mind how anyone could be upset at Aiyuk over this. He is an All Pro and one of the most productive WRs in the league. Give him what he wants FFS, and get this done!

We don't know what we offered him. If we did offer him 27-28M average and he wants $35M like Jefferson, we just can't pay that.
He has to play this year at $15M because that's his 5th year contract. We're doing him a favor by extending him early and locking up future spending for bigger contracts like purdy.

I'm guessing he signs before the regular season because he can't miss regular season games.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by mitpdub:
I mean asking for a trade mid July is one last attempt to get as much cash as possible…also it's not like SF didn't talk to teams about possible trade scenarios back before the draft when his value was his highest and teams actually had cash/compensation to give. There was no real takers.

No team is gonna move the assets needed to get him and pay him what he wants.

Unless a #1 on another contending team goes down with a season ending injury during the pre season.

Meh I don't know man. It's not just trading for a guy you're trading to pay him a massive contract on top of it.

if a team has a real #1 that goes down they aren't just gonna replace them with BA imo. This is a long-term investment for any team.

Agree but if they're a contender that has cap space it's a move to keep the fan base.
requesting a trade 7 days before it's time to get to work.

Ohhh noo, he requested a trade..what is going to happen??? lol

I agree, the F.O. should have locked him up before the market changed.

Time to get to work, Brandon
Originally posted by Montana:
Ohhh noo, he requested a trade..what is going to happen??? lol

I agree, the F.O. should have locked him up before the market changed.

Should they have held a gun to his head and forced him to sign their contract offer? People act like this doesn't involve two parties. BA's party could've been the side refusing to take a deal until the other receivers signed and reset the market. Nobody knows for certain.

BA has shown his b***hassness on the field for years now. We've documented it in this thread many times. Nothing that's happened this off-season has surprised me one bit.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jul 16, 2024 at 10:48 AM ]

lol he's not going anywhere, his desperation is just giving the niners more leverage tbh
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Agree but if they're a contender that has cap space it's a move to keep the fan base.

Fan bases aren't leaving if a guy gets hurt. Fan bases are loyal to a fault.

I don't even know a team that has the cap space, that's a contender and SF would actually trade him to at this pt.
no way they gonna trade him unless its player4player trade. Last year before Brock Purdy gets paid and our cap situation gets difficult. He has no leverage. No way he will sit out a whole season.

Originally posted by Heroism:
Should they have held a gun to his head and forced him to sign their contract offer? People act like this doesn't involve two parties. BA's party could've been the side refusing to take a deal until the other receivers signed and reset the market. Nobody knows for certain.

BA has shown his b***hassness on the field for years now. We've documented it in this thread many times. Nothing that's happened this off-season has surprised me one bit.

I am guessing it is like that, BA waited, which was smart but at the same time..9ers have leverage. Get to camp, Brandon lol
Even if he does end up signing an extension I can see this being an unproductive season like it was with Deebo and Bosa after negotiations took long
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
no way they gonna trade him unless its player4player trade. Last year before Brock Purdy gets paid and our cap situation gets difficult. He has no leverage. No way he will sit out a whole season.

This is the key 🔑
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Even if he does end up signing an extension I can see this being an unproductive season like it was with Deebo and Bosa after negotiations took long

This is why we have other receivers and other weapons. We will be fine
Enjoy playing on that 5th year deal fam
Share 49ersWebzone