There are 372 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Niners99:
Im sick of guys like Aiyuk having an all-pro type season because of an offensive system and/or a great QB and getting a huge head and thinking they deserve to be the highest paid WR in NFL history.

Maximize your own value by staying with a winning organization and a great young QB who will keep you heading to Pro Bowls. Dudes really think getting traded to the Titans and becoming irrelevant is worth an extra few million. 🙄

I'm sure you wouldn't want a "extra few million" lol
Originally posted by SFrush:
The Commanders might.

According to who? SF and DC already talked pre-draft and it went nowhere.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by TD49ers:

This feels different. Starting with the 2 Wrs that were drafted.

Crowing doesn't affect anything. Dudes a day 3 pick. IMO Ricky doesn't matter either. Neither of those guys can replace what BA brings to the table imo.

You got Deebo basically playing on the last yr of his deal this yr.

they drafted Danny Gray in the 3rd the same off season Deebo requested a trade.

If SF wanted to move BA it would have already happened…it's already been reported that they aren't moving him.

sounds like they aren't gonna give him $30M+ like he wants…no team is doing that

The Commanders might.
If we could get McLaurin that might be the best compromise.
Originally posted by Hopper:

I guess that's better than Larry Kruger's dumbass idea of acquiring Jonathan Allen. I don't think that guy understands how the wide 9 works or how many damn 3 techniques we have.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jul 16, 2024 at 12:16 PM ]
Aiyuk isn't going anywhere and he only gets traded for a player at equal or better value that can help us win NOW. Only draft pick I consider for him is if NE throws in their 1st which is a guarantee top 2. Aiyuk can bi*** and moan all he wants but he's not getting 30 plus here and he has no leverage what so ever

Hate it. The point of trading star players is to get better. Not worse. We're not the panthers just unloading talent because we suck.

terry is older has a worse Y/R, worse catch% and his film simply isn't as good. I've always liked him, but he's just not in that same tier.

also it's not like we're getting some cheap WR either. He's gonna want a new deal in a yr or so and doesn't improve the opportunity in resigning Deebo/kittle and whomever else.

We are only doing deals that make us better so we'd need more than McLaurin
Originally posted by Heroism:

I guess that's better than Larry Kruger's dumbass idea of acquiring Jonathan Allen. I don't think that guy understands how the wide 9 works or how many damn 3 techniques we have.

Yeah no thanks. Of course Kruger would say that…dude is a moron who pretends to know what he's talking about.

no to Terry as well. Older will want a new deal and isn't in the same tier as BA. We aren't the Panthers trying to unload young assets so we can rebuild for the future. They don't need big contracts coming back there way either. Makes no sense

if they were ever gonna move him it would have happened before the draft. Not in July lol.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Aiyuk isn't going anywhere and he only gets traded for a player at equal or better value that can help us win NOW. Only draft pick I consider for him is if NE throws in their 1st which is a guarantee top 2. Aiyuk can bi*** and moan all he wants but he's not getting 30 plus here and he has no leverage what so ever

THIS
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

We are only doing deals that make us better so we'd need more than McLaurin

And who's to say they don't have a young McLaurin on the team in Slick Rick anyway? This move would be horrible in multiple ways.

Hate it. The point of trading star players is to get better. Not worse. We're not the panthers just unloading talent because we suck.

terry is older has a worse Y/R, worse catch% and his film simply isn't as good. I've always liked him, but he's just not in that same tier.

also it's not like we're getting some cheap WR either. He's gonna want a new deal in a yr or so and doesn't improve the opportunity in resigning Deebo/kittle and whomever else.
Terry hasn't been in a system or had a QB like us before. I wouldn't hold his stats against him
Trade him for an offensive lineman or two with a future pick. Or keep him on a three year rental.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Agreed. Like for John to make Aiyuk happy would get himself fired for being a terrible GM etc. Why is it always WR's? lol

Every WR hitting free agency thinks they have a Jerry Rice impact but they don't!
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

If NE would do that I'd jump on it. The 49ers won't get a draft pick that high in the near future. That would put them in position to get the best OL, DL or WR available next year since QBs nearly always go first. They could maybe trade back a couple spots from there and still get the best OL or WR and pick up a 3rd rounder in the trade back.

I'm sure Aiyuk will love it in NE with nobody to throw him the ball. He can enjoy counting his money.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Im sick of guys like Aiyuk having an all-pro type season because of an offensive system and/or a great QB and getting a huge head and thinking they deserve to be the highest paid WR in NFL history.

Maximize your own value by staying with a winning organization and a great young QB who will keep you heading to Pro Bowls. Dudes really think getting traded to the Titans and becoming irrelevant is worth an extra few million. 🙄

Davante Adams can vouch for that
Share 49ersWebzone