There are 287 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
We are only doing deals that make us better so we'd need more than McLaurin

Most teams are probably only going to offer draftpicks.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
It's wild this team finally has a true #1 WR and won't pay him. My guess is Kyle and his giant ego think they can replace him.

They can throw for even more yards this year whether Aiyuk is here or not. He's the best WR on this team BUT we now have CMC Kittle Deebo JJ Pearsall Juice Cowing with Kyle and Purdy orchestrating the offense. We can survive and yes Aiyuk makes us better
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
If NE would do that I'd jump on it. The 49ers won't get a draft pick that high in the near future. That would put them in position to get the best OL, DL or WR available next year since QBs nearly always go first. They could maybe trade back a couple spots from there and still get the best OL or WR and pick up a 3rd rounder in the trade back.

I'm sure Aiyuk will love it in NE with nobody to throw him the ball. He can enjoy counting his money.

I think if you take 4 million less per year to play for arguably the worst team in the NFL and pretty much waste your prime years says quite a bit. Not exactly the Tom Brady competitive drive for rings. Just saying.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Terry hasn't been in a system or had a QB like us before. I wouldn't hold his stats against him

Catch % is a WR stat, catch the ball. What he does per catch matters imo. No one was more efficient than him last yr (Lamb maybe).

BA is one of the best man beaters in the league, that's because of him. One of the best blockers in the league. That's because of him.

I like Terry he's good. Again he's not in BA's class. He's not gonna more targets here than he did this past yr on a team that threw the ball more than anyone.

Would be a bad trade for SF and make no sense.
Terry's a solid fantasy WR. but in reality football, BA >>> TM. it would be a downgrade for sure.
Originally posted by boast:
Terry's a solid fantasy WR. but in reality football, BA >>> TM. it would be a downgrade for sure.

Completely accurate statement.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Terry hasn't been in a system or had a QB like us before. I wouldn't hold his stats against him

Catch % is a WR stat, catch the ball. What he does per catch matters imo. No one was more efficient than him last yr (Lamb maybe).

BA is one of the best man beaters in the league, that's because of him. One of the best blockers in the league. That's because of him.

I like Terry he's good. Again he's not in BA's class. He's not gonna more targets here than he did this past yr on a team that threw the ball more than anyone.

Would be a bad trade for SF and make no sense.
BA wouldn't be BA is Washington the last few years
BA requested a trade.

How about.....NO! We own his rights. He's signing with us or take a hike.

I think people now have a better understanding why the Niners not only drafted a WR in the 1st RD but drafted one who is 23 with alot of college experience who is NFL ready. And doubling down and drafting another one with alot of college experience in the 4th RD. They knew this was coming and a holdout was a very strong possibility.

People questioned by John/Kyle didn't draft a WR with more upside. Because those guys need time to develop and the Niners don't have the time if Aiyuk decides to hold out.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:
If we could get McLaurin that might be the best compromise.

Hate it. The point of trading star players is to get better. Not worse. We're not the panthers just unloading talent because we suck.

terry is older has a worse Y/R, worse catch% and his film simply isn't as good. I've always liked him, but he's just not in that same tier.

also it's not like we're getting some cheap WR either. He's gonna want a new deal in a yr or so and doesn't improve the opportunity in resigning Deebo/kittle and whomever else.

Agreed. He's been extremely productive with four different starting QB's the last four seasons. That's definitely not easy.

He's not on Aiyuk's tier but are we really expecting to find someone on Aiyuk's tier a week or so before training camp.

Based off what?
Originally posted by Hopper:
Agreed. He's been extremely productive with four different starting QB's the last four seasons. That's definitely not easy.

He's not on Aiyuk's tier but are we really expecting to find someone on Aiyuk's tier a week or so before training camp.

We're not finding anyone. There's no point in moving him, especially for an older less productive and still expensive WR that is gonna want a new contract.

Folks acting like SF doesn't control the situation, which is false.

Based off what?

Same way you base that Terry would be worst here. Opinions

This is the truth plain and simple

This is the truth plain and simple

No that's opinion
Share 49ersWebzone