LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 237 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SFrush:
We're not finding anyone. There's no point in moving him, especially for an older less productive and still expensive WR that is gonna want a new contract.

Folks acting like SF doesn't control the situation, which is false.

Contractually they do but if he becomes a malcontent it makes everything more difficult.

Sure it does. Doesn't mean you move him at the worst possible time

Agreed
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
This feels different. Starting with the 2 Wrs that were drafted.

It really doesn't

Yes it does. Its leverage against a holdout along with the 5th year option and the franchise tag. Not to mention the WR market is overpriced, Wrs are over valued and we have to pay a QB in 2025. Not alot going for BA.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Damn,

Aiyuks team took Ricky out last night?

Pettis 2.0

Please no.
Damn,

Pettis 2.0

Please no.

It's alright man if I know this FO they drafted an all pro in Cowing.
Aiyuk got 105 and Terry got 130 targets. Terry played in 1 more game than Aiyuk. Soo 20ish targets difference lol

That's the equivalent of what two or 3 games? Yet Brandon had over 300 more yards and avg 18 yards per catch vs 12.7 for TM. BA Caught 73% of his balls vs 60% for TM. Succ rate wasn't even in the same realm. Brandon was 3 overall at 70.5 vs 49 for TM.

they're not in the same tier and we're not even talking about age and contracts.

I mean if they're the same why would DC even think about making a move?
Aiyuk got 105 and Terry got 130 targets. Terry played in 1 more game than Aiyuk. Soo 20ish targets difference lol

That's the equivalent of what two or 3 games? Yet Brandon had over 300 more yards and avg 18 yards per catch vs 12.7 for TM. BA Caught 73% of his balls vs 60% for TM. Succ rate wasn't even in the same realm. Brandon was 3 overall at 70.5 vs 49 for TM.

they're not in the same tier and we're not even talking about age and contracts.

No Terry averaged about 1 more target per game than Aiyuk throughout last year. And once again you're disregarding Kyle's ability to get his playmakers in space for easy receptions. Aiyuk also played with a much better QB. I haven't heard DC say they would consider it. But I do think their QB wanting Aiyuk could hold some weight in their decision. Again I want Aiyuk here for the long term I'm just not gonna let this non context disrespect of Terry to stand. You gotta be delusional AF if you don't think Terry would eat in this offense.
Damn,

Pettis 2.0

Please no.

It's alright man if I know this FO they drafted an all pro in Cowing.

Your probably right now trade Ayuik to the Bucs for Tristan Wirfs. If he's not getting signed that would help us this year.
I've been at work... Just saw a FB post from some random source that he's requesting a trade. This true?
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
I've been at work... Just saw a FB post from some random source that he's requesting a trade. This true?

yes
It's ironic some people said they compared Pearsall's movements to Antonio Brown's, and I've been comparing Aiyuk's offseason moves to Brown's. I'm seriously starting to think Aiyuk is bipolar. He's at least showing he has a very soft mental make up. Having his girlfriend and another friend talking about how he might leave, before he even brings it up - shows he can be easily influenced. Early offseason interview with Chad Johnson and Shannon Sharpe, he just seemed to go along with whatever they said. Cries about wanting to be a champion, then cries about wanting money. Gets "insulted" by being offered 26 million dollars a year. Apparently only judges his self worth, by what others are worth. Risks getting Jayden Daniels in trouble by sharing the posts about their playbook - which very well could mean he's sharing the 49er's playbook too. Talks about wanting to be back with the team, then asks for a trade. Yeah "soft" at best, and really pushing those bipolar vibes.

Wonder how long it will be until he posts a video of himself running around his back yard in his underwear yelling "Free me, free me, freeeee meeeee!"?

Damn,

Pettis 2.0

We really getting hysterical here aren't we?
No Terry averaged about 1 more target per game than Aiyuk throughout last year. And once again you're disregarding Kyle's ability to get his playmakers in space for easy receptions. Aiyuk also played with a much better QB. I haven't heard DC say they would consider it. But I do think their QB wanting Aiyuk could hold some weight in their decision. Again I want Aiyuk here for the long term I'm just not gonna let this non context disrespect of Terry to stand. You gotta be delusional AF if you don't think Terry would eat in this offense.

I simply don't think he's as good as BA. I don't think he would suck or he isn't a quality WR…All of his metrics are worse and no I don't think it has everything to do with scheme.

Acting like BA never has to beat his man or play vs the best CB is silly all the same. Kyle is a stud play caller and of course it helps. Terry would do just fine BUT imo he wouldn't be getting what BA is getting. He doesn't break tackles him. I think he's a better contested catcher as well.

Again bringing in age, the fact that he is also making very good money and will need a raise in a yr or so doesn't change anything…they will simply be in the same spot with a worse older WR and still can't pay their other dudes.

agree to disagree my dude, imo it's a downgrade and bad scenario. It doesn't make this team better
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

Agreed.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Agreed.

Never said he would stink. He wouldn't better than BA. IMO there's not a single thing he does better than him. It's a net loss, but they still get an older quality player that will want to get paid in a yr or so.

I don't see the positive in that move at all. We'd be caving for no reason and still suck having to take on a contract and pay a guy a lot of money (still lose Deebo and of Kittle).
Originally posted by RDB4216:
It's ironic some people said they compared Pearsall's movements to Antonio Brown's, and I've been comparing Aiyuk's offseason moves to Brown's. I'm seriously starting to think Aiyuk is bipolar. He's at least showing he has a very soft mental make up. Having his girlfriend and another friend talking about how he might leave, before he even brings it up - shows he can be easily influenced. Early offseason interview with Chad Johnson and Shannon Sharpe, he just seemed to go along with whatever they said. Cries about wanting to be a champion, then cries about wanting money. Gets "insulted" by being offered 26 million dollars a year. Apparently only judges his self worth, by what others are worth. Risks getting Jayden Daniels in trouble by sharing the posts about their playbook - which very well could mean he's sharing the 49er's playbook too. Talks about wanting to be back with the team, then asks for a trade. Yeah "soft" at best, and really pushing those bipolar vibes.

Wonder how long it will be until he posts a video of himself running around his back yard in his underwear yelling "Free me, free me, freeeee meeeee!"?

Deebo did the same stuff.

I mean if it's true the team hasn't talked contracts since May, you don't think he has the right to be a little pissed or offended?
Share 49ersWebzone