LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 243 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Who was our last super diva. I don't recall.
2 years ago I said trade Derbo because we can't pay both WRs and I preferred BA.

Cross that bridge when we get there they said. How's that bridge looking?
Originally posted by krizay:
2 years ago I said trade Derbo because we can't pay both WRs and I preferred BA.

I mean that bridge isn't until next yr.
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
I've been at work... Just saw a FB post from some random source that he's requesting a trade. This true?

yes

Doesn't matter anyways. There is zero reason to trade him. He holds no leverage at all
Originally posted by 9erson3:

Aiyuk makes Terrell Owens look like a boy scout
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I mean that bridge isn't until next yr.

Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Doesn't matter anyways. There is zero reason to trade him. He holds no leverage at all

People keep overlooking these facts. And a reason Aiyuk is doing all of this stuff is because he knows it as well

Do you think the FO would he paying Aiyuk the ' supposedly' $30M/year if they didn't have Deebo this year ?
This is just an ego thing. I don't blame BA for trying to get big money but 27-28 m year is not that bad. I'm sure the Niners could add some bonus money to push it a little further. Does anyone know what, or how much guaranteed money is being offered? I say keep him this year and if he still wants to go then get the highest draft pick you can. I really like BA but the guy was in Kyles doghouse for the first 2 years before he started working harder at blocking and running routes. The Niners are known for treating the players pretty good and there are some teams that are pretty bad so BA better be careful what he asks for he really might regret it later. Anyway I hope they resolve this situation sooner rather than later. JMHO TC is coming soon and I can't wait……… bring on Football !!!!!! Go Niners
[ Edited by Cg9erSF on Jul 16, 2024 at 6:14 PM ]
if we hadnt already paid Deebo, we would pay BA straight away.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:

Deebo's contract is not preventing the FO from paying Aiyuk.

If we don't have Deebo, we don't win. And would be looking for another receiver

Still not at that bridge. We will be there sometime in 2025 before the draft.

I think the offer would be the same. If there were no Deebo, they'd probably have the same contract for Aiyuk and would be negotiating with Lenoir.
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:

Aiyuk never went after teammates or drew attention to himself, away from the game, during the season.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Aiyuk never went after teammates or drew attention to himself, away from the game, during the season.

Yes and he is a very good WR, but definitely no TO.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

T.O. also never complained about how much money he was making while playing on a sacked team. Say what you want about him, but nobody ever questioned his passion for competing at the highest level. Meanwhile Aiyuk wants to get paid like he's a top 3 WR, is willing to go to mediocre/bad teams, and throwing away any chance of being a champion in the process just to get it
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Jul 16, 2024 at 6:33 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone