There are 300 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by krizay:
2 years ago I said trade Derbo because we can't pay both WRs and I preferred BA.

Cross that bridge when we get there they said. How's that bridge looking?

LOL at the bridge being July 16th.

the bridge is quite rickety,

Not that rickety, dudes under contract.
Aiyuk trying to rob a Brink$$$ truck with a 22 🔫 😆
Originally posted by RickyRoma:
And again, if those two players switched teams, you'd see little to no difference in production from TM on SF. His 'efficiency' stats would increase substatially. There is also zero doubt that you'd see all the metrics and nonsensical 'advanced' stats that point to BA's efficiency plummet if he's in Washington. You think BA is some tier above TM? Fine. I, and from what I read from Washington fans regarding a possible Aiyuk/Commanders connection disagree.

Bottom line is, for me....I wouldn't even want to trade players for the age/contract issues that you mention. I want SF to keep Aiyuk....I don't think he should just be the 'next in line' to get the big pay, when at very best, he's a Tier 2 player for me.

So why would DC trade assets and give BA MORE cash if they're the same player? It's because they're not the same player.

Go listen to matt harmon of reception perception who evaluates WRs for a living, objectively not based off fan emotions. They're not in the same class. Just not.

FWIW saying his efficiency would plummet is simply not true. Acting like he's not gonna run a post or out route the same just because is dumb. Saying he won't be able to get any YAC yards is simply not true. Yes scheme/QB play matters. Him getting open based off his own skill set doesn't change however. If anything his numbers would probably improve for all the fantasy fans because he's not gonna get 75 targets a game in DC with kliff calling plays.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
There is 6 players that if the Niners lose to a season ending injury their team's season is pretty much over as far as the SB dreams are concerned. And BA is not one of them. So While it would make them worse without him I think they would still be ok.

Anyways those 6 players are

Purdy
Trent
CMC
Kittle
Bosa
Warner

I think the only dude from that list that truly makes the season a wash is Purdy.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
There is 6 players that if the Niners lose to a season ending injury their team's season is pretty much over as far as the SB dreams are concerned. And BA is not one of them. So While it would make them worse without him I think they would still be ok.

Purdy
Trent
CMC
Kittle
Bosa
Warner

I think the only dude from that list that truly makes the season a wash is Purdy.

He would certainly be the biggest loss since we no very little about his backup. Still losing Bosa would devastate the pass rush. Losing CMC would change the entire game plan and put more pressure on Brock. Losing Trent destroys the pass protection. Warner would be hard to replace leaving a gaping hole in the middle of the field for short passes and quick runs up the middle. Kittle might be the only one we could lose and not fall apart but it would still have a huge effect since he's a great blocker as well as a receiver.

This list shows how much talent this team has. How many teams could even make a list like this.

Purdy
Trent
CMC
Kittle
Bosa
Warner

I think it's Purdy, TW and Bosa. Need these three for sure.
Has anyone seen where BA has personally posted asking for a trade? All I have seen is pundits saying he has.
So why would DC trade assets and give BA MORE cash if they're the same player? It's because they're not the same player.

Go listen to matt harmon of reception perception who evaluates WRs for a living, objectively not based off fan emotions. They're not in the same class. Just not.

FWIW saying his efficiency would plummet is simply not true. Acting like he's not gonna run a post or out route the same just because is dumb. Saying he won't be able to get any YAC yards is simply not true. Yes scheme/QB play matters. Him getting open based off his own skill set doesn't change however. If anything his numbers would probably improve for all the fantasy fans because he's not gonna get 75 targets a game in DC with kliff calling plays.

Washington is the staple of what is best when it comes to contracts and trade compensation and general football decisions? And yes....Aiyuk's efficiency stats would decrease in Wash....that is simple football logic and common sense. The running game featuring CMC in that role, combined with play action opens up the passing game, period. A better QB goes a long way too. McLaurin's efficiency would increase in SF because of the drastic improvement he'd see with the surrounding talent/scheme/playcalling.

Oh, and Matt Harmon? You mean this guy who called McLaurin a top 11/12 guy in the NFL? If Aiyuk is a tier above....how many tiers are there between a top 11/12 guy and guys like J. Chase/J. Jefferson/T. Hill/etc. etc.?

I forgot BA was in Kyles' doghouse for two years. Niners don't have to trade him or sign him. I'm over the drama already tho.
I'm really tired of this whole renegotiate stuff. Every time a player sees another player at his position sign a bigger contract they want to renegotiate theirs. What happened to honoring the contract you have. Aiyuk should be concentrating on getting into camp and into shape for this season. We've seen what happens when guys hold out. They often get off to a slow start and end up having a subpar season. I'm sure he doesn't want that going into his free agency season in 2025. Let the agent do the negotiating without trade requests and holdouts. He has no real leverage. Get your butt into camp.
HA I bet LV would be all about making this move!

here take our 32 yr old disgruntled WR who has no GTD cash left and massive cap hits. Adams is a stud, but his best yrs are behind him and forking over more GTD cash seems counterproductive with extending the life of this team and keeping it young.

Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Purdy
Trent
CMC
Kittle
Bosa
Warner

I think it's Purdy, TW and Bosa. Need these three for sure.

When Deebo was out last year we could barely win a game.
Originally posted by RickyRoma:

Washington is the staple of what is best when it comes to contracts and trade compensation and general football decisions? And yes....Aiyuk's efficiency stats would decrease in Wash....that is simple football logic and common sense. The running game featuring CMC in that role, combined with play action opens up the passing game, period. A better QB goes a long way too. McLaurin's efficiency would increase in SF because of the drastic improvement he'd see with the surrounding talent/scheme/playcalling.

Oh, and Matt Harmon? You mean this guy who called McLaurin a top 11/12 guy in the NFL? If Aiyuk is a tier above....how many tiers are there between a top 11/12 guy and guys like J. Chase/J. Jefferson/T. Hill/etc. etc.?

Go listen to Harman talk about BA vs him in the last The Athletic pod. He said they're not in the same tier. He doesn't say TM stinks, just not in the same group.

Why would they lower? His playing with his college QB and they actually have a decent play caller. The passing game would be funneled through him. Not what it is currently…and if you use common sense and look at past Kyle schemes, the split end is the main guy…which is gonna be the case when we have to move on from Deebo/kittle (that is reality unfortunately).

Again NONE of this is reliant on anything besides what he does on the field….

Harmon specifically says reception perception has nothing to do with QB play.

look you can pretend TM is as good and makeup stuff like on DC isn't well run (even though it's Adam Peters and a whole new ownership/FO) as to why they would actually make that trade.

Truth is they're not in the same tier as far as being a WR AND age and financials make zero sense on top of it.
HA I bet LV would be all about making this move!

here take our 32 yr old disgruntled WR who has no GTD cash left and massive cap hits. Adams is a stud, but his best yrs are behind him and forking over more GTD cash seems counterproductive with extending the life of this team and keeping it young.

Yeah player wise Adams for Aiyuk is a win for the 49ers. Problem is it's not as simple as that.

Locker room fit matters. Sure Adams says he wants to win and he should be able to do that here but he's also very vocal based on the Receiver show about wanting the ball, pouting when it doesn't go his way and also clearly being against getting hit. Sure we don't want any of our guys getting hit if possible but we also know Aiyuk is likely on the verge of breaking out his best football, we have control of him for up to 3 years and we know he's a perfect culture/locker room fit here.

If they want to give us Adams and a 2nd rounder I'd do it. But a straight up swap is a win for Vegas.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
When Deebo was out last year we could barely win a game.

Trent missed those same games and they should have won the CLEV game if not for a f**k up FG in the pouring rain.
Originally posted by genus49:
Yeah player wise Adams for Aiyuk is a win for the 49ers. Problem is it's not as simple as that.

Locker room fit matters. Sure Adams says he wants to win and he should be able to do that here but he's also very vocal based on the Receiver show about wanting the ball, pouting when it doesn't go his way and also clearly being against getting hit. Sure we don't want any of our guys getting hit if possible but we also know Aiyuk is likely on the verge of breaking out his best football, we have control of him for up to 3 years and we know he's a perfect culture/locker room fit here.

If they want to give us Adams and a 2nd rounder I'd do it. But a straight up swap is a win for Vegas.

Honestly I'm not doing for Adams regardless. I think he's a baller but he's a rental. I don't see SF giving him an extension and I can't see him playing next yr on a $30M+ cap hit (with no GTD $) and that 2nd means not much right now.
Share 49ersWebzone