There are 274 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
There is 6 players that if the Niners lose to a season ending injury their team's season is pretty much over as far as the SB dreams are concerned. And BA is not one of them. So While it would make them worse without him I think they would still be ok.

Anyways those 6 players are

Purdy
Trent
CMC
Kittle
Bosa
Warner

I think the only dude from that list that truly makes the season a wash is Purdy.

I think it's Purdy, TW and Bosa. Need these three for sure.

Those three players are the foundation of this team.
Originally posted by genus49:

Locker room fit matters. Sure Adams says he wants to win and he should be able to do that here but he's also very vocal based on the Receiver show about wanting the ball, pouting when it doesn't go his way and also clearly being against getting hit.

BA is literally that exact same type person. We posted the clips of him punching the air, stomping his feet, throwing up his hands, and walking past his teammates without high fiving them clearly upset he wasn't the one who scored. The irony is that all of this happened when BA played with the same QB that Adams currently plays with.

People see the clip of BA blocking downfield and think, "wow, so selfless," but they've never seen the clips of him throwing little b***h fits and temper tantrums.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:
When Deebo was out last year we could barely win a game.

Trent missed those same games and they should have won the CLEV game if not for a f**k up FG in the pouring rain.

Agree 💯% and pass protection does affect the WR/QB connection.
I'll take Devante Adams for Aiyuk.
Aiyuk should be careful what he wishes for. Could end up on the raiders
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Aiyuk should be careful what he wishes for. Could end up on the raiders

Yup, grass isn't always greener just because you have a little more $$$. Carolina and New England also say hi.
Originally posted by braap49er:
I'll take Devante Adams for Aiyuk.

Why? So he can be a one yr rental here? Another silly hypothetical that only helps one team
Originally posted by Giedi:

I am not so sure Warner ain't more important than Bosa. He sure is the leader of this defense and it is a toss up as to whether Warner or Bosa are the best players on the defense. Warner is the undisputed best at his position in the league whereas Bosa is not

Now position value weighs in Bosa favor but Fred is the leader from what I've been seeing
Originally posted by Silky:
I think he is special. We're all down on him and rightfully so. We're probably talking about being a mil or two off and he would sign. But I remember at his peak last year catching all sorts of sweet TDs, the blocking down field, the crisp route running...I was like we gotta keep this guy. He is the next 5-6 year plan/weapon on offense. CMC is aging, Deebo is aging and injury prone, Trent Williams is a ticking time bomb for retirement, Kittle will be 31 this year, and Pearsall is an unknown. We gotta keep him...hands down. Give him that extra cash he wants

pay the man
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by genus49:

Locker room fit matters. Sure Adams says he wants to win and he should be able to do that here but he's also very vocal based on the Receiver show about wanting the ball, pouting when it doesn't go his way and also clearly being against getting hit.

BA is literally that exact same type person. We posted the clips of him punching the air, stomping his feet, throwing up his hands, and walking past his teammates without high fiving them clearly upset he wasn't the one who scored. The irony is that all of this happened when BA played with the same QB that Adams currently plays with.

People see the clip of BA blocking downfield and think, "wow, so selfless," but they've never seen the clips of him throwing little b***h fits and temper tantrums.

Every WR has those moments. Show me him yelling at his teammates/coaches on the sideline demanding more targets. Show me him saying something in the media about getting more targets or throwing his QB under the bus.

Fact is BA had every reason to do it and he didn't.

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Giedi:

I am not so sure Warner ain't more important than Bosa. He sure is the leader of this defense and it is a toss up as to whether Warner or Bosa are the best players on the defense. Warner is the undisputed best at his position in the league whereas Bosa is not

Now position value weighs in Bosa favor but Fred is the leader from what I've been seeing

Agreed. We've seen this D still perform as a top unit when Bosa was out and Warner and Verrett kept the D a top 5 unit.
Go listen to Harman talk about BA vs him in the last The Athletic pod. He said they're not in the same tier. He doesn't say TM stinks, just not in the same group.

Why would they lower? His playing with his college QB and they actually have a decent play caller. The passing game would be funneled through him. Not what it is currently…and if you use common sense and look at past Kyle schemes, the split end is the main guy…which is gonna be the case when we have to move on from Deebo/kittle (that is reality unfortunately).

Again NONE of this is reliant on anything besides what he does on the field….

Harmon specifically says reception perception has nothing to do with QB play.

look you can pretend TM is as good and makeup stuff like on DC isn't well run (even though it's Adam Peters and a whole new ownership/FO) as to why they would actually make that trade.

Truth is they're not in the same tier as far as being a WR AND age and financials make zero sense on top of it.

That's generally irrelevant. Again....this Harmon guy thinks TM is a top 11/12 receiver and you and him 'say' BA is a class above. OK then....how many tiers are between TM and the absolute elite guys like Jefferson/Chase/Adams/Hill? Brandon Aiyuk is absolutely not on that #1 level, so the very best you can say is that he's in the second level of guys....but that level would only be another 5 or so guys because after that is where he ranks McLaurin. So only 5 or so guys before you get to tier 3? No way I can agree with that.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
If nothing can be worked out and all he wants is to be traded. Then whatever, trade him then give that money and cap space to Lenoir and Mooney Ward. Those two are also a big part of this teams success. But man I wish this crap would end already.
Originally posted by RickyRoma:
That's generally irrelevant. Again....this Harmon guy thinks TM is a top 11/12 receiver and you and him 'say' BA is a class above. OK then....how many tiers are between TM and the absolute elite guys like Jefferson/Chase/Adams/Hill? Brandon Aiyuk is absolutely not on that #1 level, so the very best you can say is that he's in the second level of guys....but that level would only be another 5 or so guys because after that is where he ranks McLaurin. So only 5 or so guys before you get to tier 3? No way I can agree with that.

He has BA as an elite level WR. What he does for a living is evaluate WRs. He actually says in their last pod that while he likes TM a lot, they're not comparable.

You're making up hypothetical levels and how many WRs are allowed to be in them.

they're not the same level of talent and every metric backs it up. So does film. Sorry if I value his opinion on WRs (which he does for a living) vs some rando on a fan forum. He's older and will just want more cash in a yr all the same.

it's a dumb trade and thank god SF isn't that dumb to do it.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
If nothing can be worked out and all he wants is to be traded. Then whatever, trade him then give that money and cap space to Lenoir and Mooney Ward. Those two are also a big part of this teams success. But man I wish this crap would end already.

Nah, then you set a precedent. Players don't dictate when and where they get traded when they're still on their rookie deal. He's under contract and can be tagged twice. SF will move him when it's best for the team if he's gonna be a wiener about it.

there's no real benefit to move him right now. They have no issue extending Lenoir right now if they wanted. Ward is gonna be one of if not the highest paid CB in the league if he does what he did last yr. I doubt he even wants a deal until the season is over and some other CBs reset the market.
Share 49ersWebzone