LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 261 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I have BA as top five based off him being All Pro
Originally posted by NYniner85:
He has BA as an elite level WR. What he does for a living is evaluate WRs. He actually says in their last pod that while he likes TM a lot, they're not comparable.

You're making up hypothetical levels and how many WRs are allowed to be in them.

they're not the same level of talent and every metric backs it up. So does film. Sorry if I value his opinion on WRs (which he does for a living) vs some rando on a fan forum. He's older and will just want more cash in a yr all the same.

it's a dumb trade and thank god SF isn't that dumb to do it.

Well that explains it. This guy doesn't think Aiyuk and McLaurin are comparable....but TM is still 11/12 in the league....therefore one can only conclude that he believes Aiyuk IS on that Chase/Jefferson/Adams level. That's the only logical conclusion....and that isn't logical at all.

There are people who do things for a living and really aren't that good at it......I may have just found another.
sucks for Aiyuk that he found himself without a chair when the music stops. The team can't keep paying the next guy up record-breaking contracts. Maybe they can, but should they? bad teams do this. The team must feel that they can find value at the position for cheaper, especially since they had the fewest passing attempts in the league last season, and it makes little sense to have two 25 million plus receivers, with a QB contract looming. that said,I hope Aiyuk balls out this season and helps us win a trophy; But i can see where the FO is coming from here.

Personally, I think it's weak ass move for Aiyuk to openly court another team and QB while on the roster. Disrespectful to Brock and his other teammates.
[ Edited by BP13 on Jul 17, 2024 at 10:42 AM ]
Davante Adams come on down.
Originally posted by BP13:
sucks for Aiyuk that he found himself without a chair when the music stops. The team can't keep paying the next guy up record-breaking contracts. Maybe they can, but should they? bad teams do this. The team must feel that they can find value at the position for cheaper, especially since they had the fewest passing attempts in the league last season, and it makes little sense to have two 25 million plus receivers, with a QB contract looming. that said,I hope Aiyuk balls out this season and helps us win a trophy; But i can see where the FO is coming from here.

Personally, I think it's weak ass move for Aiyuk to openly court another team and QB while on the roster. Disrespectful to Brock and his other teammates.

Agreed. I like Aiyuk the player, but the man is an immature little turd.
I think trading BA for Any other comparable player is just silly. The Only reason we'd want to move him in the first place is to get the cap savings, and the Only way we can do that is to trade him for top draft picks. We can't get that done this year any more, and we've got BA below market this year. So guess what. We're going to play him this year on the 5th year if he elects not to sign, and options are open after that.

Note to BA. You're not going to force a better deal and you're not going to make yourself more attractive to any team by being a Diva.
[ Edited by BOI49er on Jul 17, 2024 at 10:51 AM ]
Originally posted by braap49er:
I'll take Devante Adams for Aiyuk.

Why? So he can be a one yr rental here? Another silly hypothetical that only helps one team

Who said he's gonna be a one year rental? You're speculating.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I have BA as top five based off him being All Pro

Where do you rank Dak Prescott?
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Yup....second best QB I guess.
Originally posted by RickyRoma:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Yup....second best QB I guess.

Crosby is in fact > Bosa I guess

Originally posted by RickyRoma:
Well that explains it. This guy doesn't think Aiyuk and McLaurin are comparable....but TM is still 11/12 in the league....therefore one can only conclude that he believes Aiyuk IS on that Chase/Jefferson/Adams level. That's the only logical conclusion....and that isn't logical at all.

There are people who do things for a living and really aren't that good at it......I may have just found another.

Hey man whatever floats your boat to push a narrative, want to s**t on a guy that knows a whole hell of a lot more about the WR position then you, just because you don't like his answer fine….makes you look foolish and ignorant imo.

His success vs man/zone/press isn't made up. Dude was open all damn day in the SB and just didn't the ball thrown his way.

You want to downplay BA and prop up an older WR that's good not great, more power to ya. There isn't a single FO or fan that is gonna take Terry over BA at this point. It's a f**king dumb trade scenario and thankfully you're not running the team.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

As a one yr rental? Why?
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

As a one yr rental? Why?

Would make signing Purdy to an extension easier. I'm only partly joking
Originally posted by braap49er:
Who said he's gonna be a one year rental? You're speculating.

Well he sure as s**t isn't playing on his current deal after this season. He has no GTD cash and if they do keep him on is current deal he's a 33yr old with a $30M cap hit.

why would SF move off a 26 yr old WR just coming into his prime for a guy that's gonna be 33 and still want to get paid? He wants to get 150 targets a yr, you watching the show on Netflix currently? He wants to win BUT he wants to be the reason for it basically. That's not how s**t roles here.

the WHOLE reason BA isn't signed right now is because of $ so what now we're gonna move him for a old ass diva that probably wants MORE $?

so yeah it's a one yr rental based on his contract currently.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by BP13:

Agreed. I like Aiyuk the player, but the man is an immature little turd.

It's laughable when these guys start asking to be traded. The Niners aren't going to do that unless the get a great offer which would mean at least one high 1st round pick. That would mean he would end up on a weak team that 's going nowhere. Will that extra 3 or 4 million make up for playing on a loser. Half goes to taxes anyway.
Share 49ersWebzone