Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Davante Adams come on down.

As a one yr rental? Why?

Would make signing Purdy to an extension easier. I'm only partly joking

lol 😝

And have slick Rick and CMC in 2025 lol. Deebo/kittle aren't stepping onto the field without news deals after this season all the same.

personally I'm not worried about BA or Brock's deals. They won't hit outlandish cap numbers for a couple yrs at least they will be in their prime when those numbers hit
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Davante Adams come on down.

As a one yr rental? Why?

Would make signing Purdy to an extension easier. I'm only partly joking

lol 😝

And have slick Rick and CMC in 2025 lol. Deebo/kittle aren't stepping onto the field without news deals after this season all the same.

personally I'm not worried about BA or Brock's deals. They won't hit outlandish cap numbers for a couple yrs at least they will be in their prime when those numbers hit

Hopefully we had some major hits in this draft cause some can favorites are gonna be leaving in the next few years like potentially Kittle, Juice, Deebo and Hufangas slow ass (I'm joking 808)
The reality of all of it is…why would SF trade away a young talent in favor of older players that all have money attached to them currently & will want new deals within a yr?

if BA was realistically gonna get moved it would have happened before the draft and even right around FA. Teams had money to give along with known assets for cheap prospects. None of that is available and tossing in a vet right when camp is starting? I mean that only happens when a QB or something gets hurt and they've forced to do something.
The reality of all of it is…why would SF trade away a young talent in favor of older players that all have money attached to them currently & will want new deals within a yr?

if BA was realistically gonna get moved it would have happened before the draft and even right around FA. Teams had money to give along with known assets for cheap prospects. None of that is available and tossing in a vet right when camp is starting? I mean that only happens when a QB or something gets hurt and they've forced to do something.

I'll defend Terry Mclaurin and play with the idea of trading for Adams but end of the day Aiyuk will be either playing on a new team friendly deal or on his 5th year option next year.
Hopefully we had some major hits in this draft cause some can favorites are gonna be leaving in the next few years like potentially Kittle, Juice, Deebo and Hufangas slow ass (I'm joking 808)

Agreed! That's why I think BA is important because he is young and should be part of the future plans. Gotta keep the train moving.
I'll defend Terry Mclaurin and play with the idea of trading for Adams but end of the day Aiyuk will be either playing on a new team friendly deal or on his 5th year option next year.

That fair, also it's not me 💩 on Scary Terry. I think he's a good WR. I think giving up BA for him makes no sense and is giving into a player's wants vs doing what's best for the team. Terry/Adams are gonna want new money all the same & that position is only going up. They don't help the real issue here.

the goal is long-term success.
Hey man whatever floats your boat to push a narrative, want to s**t on a guy that knows a whole hell of a lot more about the WR position then you, just because you don't like his answer fine….makes you look foolish and ignorant imo.

His success vs man/zone/press isn't made up. Dude was open all damn day in the SB and just didn't the ball thrown his way.

You want to downplay BA and prop up an older WR that's good not great, more power to ya. There isn't a single FO or fan that is gonna take Terry over BA at this point. It's a f**king dumb trade scenario and thankfully you're not running the team.

Too bad I already said I wouldn't make the trade either, so it's yet another irrelevant point. There is also not one single FO that should (would) put Aiyuk in the Chase/Jefferson category either, but that didn't stop your boy from believing as such. And if he doesn't believe that, then his position that Aiyuk and TM being non-comparable is completely compromised given that he believes TM is 11/12 WR in football. That isn't narrative....these are directly his beliefs coupled with what you 'say' he stated.
We've signed numerous guys in lat3 July/ August or later including Bosa last year right before week 1. Nothing to panic about.

Knock knock- hello? The 9ers are not trading for any player. They would trade for cap friendly draft picks. Period. Hopefully a two would be swell.
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Knock knock- hello? The 9ers are not trading for any player. They would trade for cap friendly draft picks. Period. Hopefully a two would be swell.

The draft compensation for WRs seems to always be less than expected.

Yeah maybe but folks are just not understanding we have Brock on tap and that the free range of yesterday is over. We are not trading for another high priced player. We need to get the salary down when that $40m Brock contract comes in a year. This is most likely why a deal not done and we have read, I think, they offered $26m and he said no so screw him. And PS I love him but over this crap real quick now. We have other more pressing issues than to stroke the Diva.

Yeah maybe but folks are just not understanding we have Brock on tap and that the free range of yesterday is over. We are not trading for another high priced player. We need to get the salary down when that $40m Brock contract comes in a year. This is most likely why a deal not done and we have read, I think, they offered $26m and he said no so screw him. And PS I love him but over this crap real quick now. We have other more pressing issues than to stroke the Diva.

That's why I'm cool with bringing him back on his 5YO and then tagging him the following year. Keeps his cap hit down allowing us to extend Brock and some others like Lenoir.
That's why I'm cool with bringing him back on his 5YO and then tagging him the following year. Keeps his cap hit down allowing us to extend Brock and some others like Lenoir.

I think everybody 'should' be on board with this unless he erupts into a full blown toxic dump in the lockerroom. It's nowhere close to that, but I think it would put a lot of minds at ease if he handled his situation like other guys in similar positions like Tee Higgins or CeeDee Lamb. At the end of the day, he'll more than likely sign an extension much like Deebo/Kittle/Bosa/Warner....

Depends on the WR

AJ Brown got plenty
Stephon Diggs got plenty
Tyreek Hill got plenty obviously

The guys who don't net as much are older. Aiyuk is in his prime, well rounded and everyone understands that going to a place who would feed him the ball more than the 49ers do would result in even better numbers.

49ers have the leverage here and control of the guy for up to 3 years. They are not desperate to unload him to get under the salary cap the way Chiefs did with Sneed so it will cost more.
Originally posted by RickyRoma:
Too bad I already said I wouldn't make the trade either, so it's yet another irrelevant point. There is also not one single FO that should (would) put Aiyuk in the Chase/Jefferson category either, but that didn't stop your boy from believing as such. And if he doesn't believe that, then his position that Aiyuk and TM being non-comparable is completely compromised given that he believes TM is 11/12 WR in football. That isn't narrative....these are directly his beliefs coupled with what you 'say' he stated.

Instead of makeup up stuff go listen to yourself.

9mins in talks about tiers. 25 mins starts talks a little about Terry but mostly BA.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 17, 2024 at 12:28 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone