LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 266 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He will sign. He has no leverage. The cards are with the 49ers. They can keep him on his last year contract. Then 5th year option. Plus franchise tag. They can keep him several more years. Whether he likes it or not.

My thoughts too and when the organization stays firm on team friendlier deals you can expect it to come later than normal. Much like Bosa I think it's all smoke. A deal will get done sometime before the season starts.
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Damn,

Aiyuks team took Ricky out last night?

Pettis 2.0

Please no.

It's alright man if I know this FO they drafted an all pro in Cowing.

Your probably right now trade Ayuik to the Bucs for Tristan Wirfs. If he's not getting signed that would help us this year.

Done
Are there good examples from the past where a player requests a trade but they still sign with their original team and everyone lives happily ever after? I feel like the number is small
s**t if you cool with 25 what's another 5?
Originally posted by Silky:
Are there good examples from the past where a player requests a trade but they still sign with their original team and everyone lives happily ever after? I feel like the number is small

Aaron Rodgers went a f**ked around and won a MVP after requesting a trade
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Im open this, big time. He has a few more top notch years left and Ricky/cowing should be really well developed in 2-3 years.

im not hating on Aiyuk but I don't think he's the caliber threat Adams would be in this system. Raiders get a good younger WR and we get a guy who would be huge for our chance to win the SB.

Different sport but Kobe.

Um....Deebo?
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Im open this, big time. He has a few more top notch years left and Ricky/cowing should be really well developed in 2-3 years.

im not hating on Aiyuk but I don't think he's the caliber threat Adams would be in this system. Raiders get a good younger WR and we get a guy who would be huge for our chance to win the SB.

I agree. Aiyuk is a great player. I just don't see him as a "take over a game" threat. I would love to have someone like Adams on this team. It would add another element, and Aiyuk can go rot with a non SB contender and be content with his millions…

Originally posted by tankle104:

Dumb trade that solves nothing. Diva WR that wants 150+ targets a game? Who has a cap hit of over $30M when he's gonna be 33? He's gonna want a massive deal all the same.

LV would love this move because Adams is gone in a yr. He will more than likely be cut or traded for a day 2 pick at most.

This team needs to get younger, not older with bloated contracts going to guys like him.

Stop the nonsense.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Different sport but Kobe.

Gould, mostert, Deebo just on this team
Originally posted by DrEll:
I agree. Aiyuk is a great player. I just don't see him as a "take over a game" threat. I would love to have someone like Adams on this team. It would add another element, and Aiyuk can go rot with a non SB contender and be content with his millions…

The issue is money…so take on a 32 yr old WR that will want even MORE money? And will throw a fit if he doesn't get 150+ targets?

this trade makes zero sense and folks are just looking at names. Adams is still a stud but he's at the backed of his career with massive cap hits and will want more GTD cash.

how about we stop giving massive contracts to older players and start understanding that long-term matters as well?
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Damn,

Aiyuks team took Ricky out last night?

Pettis 2.0

Please no.

It's alright man if I know this FO they drafted an all pro in Cowing.

Your probably right now trade Ayuik to the Bucs for Tristan Wirfs. If he's not getting signed that would help us this year.

Done

Why in the world the bucs do this? Again the issue is money and Wirfs is gonna be the highest paid OT in football soon. Plus they just paid Evans and Godwin is making good $.

If a trade was ever gonna happen it was always gonna be for draft picks and that s**t already passed.
Originally posted by RDB4216:

Um....Deebo?

Did he actually request a trade tho? Through the formal channels?
Share 49ersWebzone