LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 273 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
A Watt and a Bosa on the same team would be the equivalent to Targaryen and Starks families teaming up.

I've seen a player that is the offspring equivalent to Targaryen and Starks families "teaming" up
Talanoa Hufanga

And yes Huf is the Jon Snow of our team

Jon Snow was a bit slow you right

HA
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 18, 2024 at 12:23 PM ]
The difference between Deebo requesting a trade and Aiyuk is Deebo did it in April just before the draft. Aiyuk is requesting a trade just before training camp. I really don't understand why BA didn't do this prior to the draft, It was the only leverage he had because at that point the Niners could get something for him that would help them in 2024. Requesting a trade now is pointless because he is under contract and the Niners are not going to trade him for future assets that can't help them win a SB this season.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
The difference between Deebo requesting a trade and Aiyuk is Deebo did it in April just before the draft. Aiyuk is requesting a trade just before training camp. I really don't understand why BA didn't do this prior to the draft, It was the only leverage he had because at that point the Niners could get something for him that would help them in 2024. Requesting a trade now is pointless because he is under contract and the Niners are not going to trade him for future assets that can't help them win a SB this season.

and....We are told the FO quietly gave his reps permission to seek a trade.

aiyuk: "but DC will pay me $29 million a year!"
49ers "yeah sorry bud not for a 2nd and a 5th."

So maybe he knows other teams will pay him more and that's eating at him, but those teams won't offer the trade value they need to make the Niners move.
Lol over the drama and Minshew? Lol
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by Oilcan:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
So we can stop with the Adams stuff

It's a public statement that everyone knows is b******t lol

I mean if it was that bad he would have been gone already. Why wait until mid July to move him? Doesn't make sense

We will see! He is for sure saying what he's suppose to say lol
I can see him being moved before the trade deadline if the Raiders are not in contention.

I don't see it.

Traded for what? Draft picks?
I don't see us trading for him, but I can see the Raiders moving on trying to get draft picks for the future.
Aiyuk for Devante Adams straight up. With the money we save annually we can keep an extra player on D. Like Lenoir Ward or Greenlaw
Originally posted by Izyniner:
Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by Silky:
Are there good examples from the past where a player requests a trade but they still sign with their original team and everyone lives happily ever after? I feel like the number is small

Um....Deebo?

Did he actually request a trade tho? Through the formal channels?

No Debo did not personally go public and neither has Aiyuk. It's all posturing. Not until you see said player on twitter or televised media saying he's requesting a trade then it's a problem.

Uh yeah, Deebo in the press room being interviewed and explaining why HE requested a trade - is pretty strong confirmation that he did.
Nothing has changed here other than Aiyuk escalating his demands. He can want 30 million all day long, but he's under contract. There's a reason why 5th year options exist. So he can either honor his contract then get paid what he thinks he is worth (as long as he continues to play at that level) or he can take an extension that gives him more than he is getting but less than he wants.

It's pretty straightforward.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Aiyuk for Devante Adams straight up. With the money we save annually we can keep an extra player on D. Like Lenoir Ward or Greenlaw

What saved money? So you're talking about having Adams for one yr?
We're not trading Aiyuk now unless it's for more than we wanted prior to draft. He's more valuable to us on the team since any picks we get don't come until next season.

Originally posted by Jakemall:
We're not trading Aiyuk now unless it's for more than we wanted prior to draft. He's more valuable to us on the team since any picks we get don't come until next season.

Pretty much. Plus the team trading for him would have to fork over whatever cash he's asking for…cap space has tightened up by mid July.
Originally posted by elguapo:

Davante Adams is a superstar! Future H.O.F player.

I think we would have to give them some picks as well as A.B if he's only a Camaro.

Davante Adams is a Lambo!
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Davante Adams is a superstar! Future H.O.F player.

I think we would have to give them some picks as well as A.B if he's only a Camaro.

Davante Adams is a Lambo!

At 32? He will require 150+ targets or he's gonna whine about it.

he's got a massive cap hits 25/26 that this team in no way can absorb. He also has no gtd cash left after this yr and there's zero chance he's stepping on the field without a new deal (more cash)

So it's basically a one yr rental. No way is that a productive trade for SF, let alone giving them anything on top of it….it literally solves nothing.

I'll bet money Adams plays one more yr in LV and is either released or traded for a day 2/3 pick
These ex-NFL player analysts on ESPN are some of the stupidest football analyst that have ever lived. "They lost the Super Bowl, because Aiyuk was only targeted 6 times" no they lost the Super Bowl because Spencer Burford f**ked the hell up. Damn what a bunch of morons.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
These ex-NFL player analysts on ESPN are some of the stupidest football analyst that have ever lived. "They lost the Super Bowl, because Aiyuk was only targeted 6 times" no they lost the Super Bowl because Spencer Burford f**ked the hell up. Damn what a bunch of morons.

if you watch BA in the Super Bowl bro was open quite a bit. He should have gotten more targets
Share 49ersWebzone