LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 260 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Aiyuk for Devante Adams straight up. With the money we save annually we can keep an extra player on D. Like Lenoir Ward or Greenlaw

Davante Adams is a superstar! Future H.O.F player.

I think we would have to give them some picks as well as A.B if he's only a Camaro.

Davante Adams is a Lambo!

You're insane. Yeah if it was 5 years ago but not for a 32 year old wr

Agreed with glory, raiders would do it straight up, Adam's still good but he older and may only got a few prime years left and disgruntled there too so they be happy to get rid of him

Yea Aiyuk can't have his cake and eat it too. You can't be on this team in this great situation then get top dollar selfishly. You ain't Bosa. What you can do is get traded to a loser like the Raiders and get paid while we get the year we needed from you from Davante then we can revisit this situation next offseason with him
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jul 19, 2024 at 7:54 AM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
We fans all have our opinions on this issue but I wonder what Lynch and Kyle are really thinking. Would they really entertain a trade offer or are they adamant in their desire to keep him? The front office rarely reveals their real thoughts in these issues.

I would, IF the offer is insane. At least a 1 and a 3 etc

The reason I would is you'd have valuable future picks, and found $ to secure other players like Demo, Ward etc.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
We fans all have our opinions on this issue but I wonder what Lynch and Kyle are really thinking. Would they really entertain a trade offer or are they adamant in their desire to keep him? The front office rarely reveals their real thoughts in these issues.

I would, IF the offer is insane. At least a 1 and a 3 etc

The reason I would is you'd have valuable future picks, and found $ to secure other players like Demo, Ward etc.

The value of future picks is always a question. The typical draft yields between 2-4 guys that actually make a contribution and maybe 2 that are solid starters. If you get more than one real star it was a huge success. The biggest reason draft picks are valued more now is because of the salary cap. Like I said what we think isn't important. It's what the front office is thinking. Even more is what other teams think Aiyuk's value is. They may not see him the same way the 49ers do. Hopefully we see it settled one way or another in a couple weeks. I hate to see him miss camp.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Since07:
Feel this is become 26M take it or leave it, we'll exercise the 5th year option, tag then we'll trade him for a 1st. I think the front office has been fair and respectful to our players. Dont blame Ayuik he's a budding star but he doesn't have the body of work to have any leverage. It's a win / win scenario he has to play this year. He deserves to get paid but has no leverage for asking more than what we have offered. Shouldn't be mad at him but his agent is totally delusional if he thinks he can get more. It is concerning this trend of players holding out on the 9ers think that's what his agent is playing into

The only way to eliminate it would be to trade away these players for a nice haul two years prior to their contract ending because all of our A listers not named Fred Warner want to hold out once year prior to deals ending to try to get more money

We can get the drop on them by shuffling them outta here 2 years early like Walsh always advocated for

Walsh never advocated to get rid of young ascending talent.
Aiyuk for Devante Adams straight up. With the money we save annually we can keep an extra player on D. Like Lenoir Ward or Greenlaw

I think we would have to give them some picks as well as A.B if he's only a Camaro.

Agreed with glory, raiders would do it straight up, Adam's still good but he older and may only got a few prime years left and disgruntled there too so they be happy to get rid of him

Yea Aiyuk can't have his cake and eat it too. You can't be on this team in this great situation then get top dollar selfishly. You ain't Bosa. What you can do is get traded to a loser like the Raiders and get paid while we get the year we needed from you from Davante then we can revisit this situation next offseason with him

Doesn't work that way, B.A can veto a trade simply by refusing to sign a long term deal with the "loser" team we want to trade him to. If we tell he and his agent to go find a trade of their liking and he chooses the Chiefs, now what????

We can act like B.A is a Camaro or a sub-par player, but remember we don't even get to the Super Bowl without him. The responses on this board proves this if we think he is good enough to be traded for a high 1st round pick or a future H.O.F'er straight up.

What we need to do is sign him.
It is down to a Camaro now?
[ Edited by Montana on Jul 19, 2024 at 9:16 AM ]
If he chooses the chief's then he plays for Frisco on the 5th year option and then he gets franchised the following year and traded to whoever the niners want to. He doesn't have veto power.
Originally posted by Montana:
It is down to a Camaro now?

We all know he's a Lambo.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran

Doesn't work that way, B.A can veto a trade simply by refusing to sign a long term deal with the "loser" team we want to trade him to. If we tell he and his agent to go find a trade of their liking and he chooses the Chiefs, now what????

We can act like B.A is a Camaro or a sub-par player, but remember we don't even get to the Super Bowl without him. The responses on this board proves this if we think he is good enough to be traded for a high 1st round pick or a future H.O.F'er straight up.

Obviously for LV to go ahead with the trade they would need to have something in place that BA would be content with. They're not going to give us Adams, take BA then go through the same hell we're dealing with currently.

BA is a disgruntled wannabe diva that doesn't necessarily produce like a superstar game changer. He's not the same as AJ Brown or Jefferson or Chase. But he sure thinks he is commanding 30m per year. Which would mean come next couple years we can say goodbye to guys like Ward and Greenlaw and probably Deebo (who will likely be out of here anyways). I'd rather lease Adams for a year, get some good value out of him, and maybe he decides to stick around for a reasonable contract knowing he's in the tail end of his glory years and gets to play with a contender.
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Walsh never advocated to get rid of young ascending talent.

Yea he said this about older players but I'm talking about players that have signal boosted the last couple years as Aiyuk has about him being a 1000 yard receiver as the fourth option on a run first team. It's not a surprise he's come out with this stance about his money despite us having exercised the fifth year option and he's under contract another year

Too many have held out on us and the only way to not see this is to beat them to the punch. This ain't applicable to all of them but Aiyuk has been talking this way a couple years now and with a year left under contract he's loud as f***! If we want to discourage this type behavior we may have to move up our timelines

Now I have no problem with how we've handled things thus far but if we really wanted to stop these holdouts going forward aside from backing up the Brinks truck then we can begin to move on from players even earlier and just move em for picks right before the draft if they have the right value and replace them cheaply

Again I like the way we've been moving but we may have to start looking at alternatives

Who says Vegas still wouldn't take that chance if they will buy that Aiyuk values his money over everything else?

Aint that the issue here? He likes the team but not the price so if Vegas is paying I'm sure he's playing. If not Vegas can tag him and that's still cheaper than Adams next year. BA has no say over where he plays the next couple seasons

I get him trying to get his money but the teams are holding all the cards right now

And who diminished him? I said he's top 5 by virtue of him being All Pro but what I'm saying is on this team we have mouths to feed and the meal is great but if he doesn't fork over a bit of money he's going to have to dine elsewhere like anyone else

We cant keep winning then pay all 53 more than everyone else. This ain't the Eddie days. We have to have some players willing to take the Tom Brady route and if not we will make the best moves for self just as we did with Deforest Buckner
Originally posted by DrEll:
Obviously for LV to go ahead with the trade they would need to have something in place that BA would be content with. They're not going to give us Adams, take BA then go through the same hell we're dealing with currently.

BA is a disgruntled wannabe diva that doesn't necessarily produce like a superstar game changer. He's not the same as AJ Brown or Jefferson or Chase. But he sure thinks he is commanding 30m per year. Which would mean come next couple years we can say goodbye to guys like Ward and Greenlaw and probably Deebo (who will likely be out of here anyways). I'd rather lease Adams for a year, get some good value out of him, and maybe he decides to stick around for a reasonable contract knowing he's in the tail end of his glory years and gets to play with a contender.

In all honesty I'm betting Adams wants to stay in LV because he knows that's his best chance at getting his money. Otherwise he may be cut next offseason and that's bad for us because then we can't tag him or get any comp pick for losing him

Our best bet and BAs best bet is to do a deal here
This guy really thinks he should be paid Justin Jefferson money.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
This guy really thinks he should be paid Justin Jefferson money.

Aiyuk is good. But Justin Jefferson is much better. Maybe the best in the league. You can't cover him at all. As we saw in the Super Bowl you can cover Aiyuk. At least teams with elite CB's.
Share 49ersWebzone