LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 298 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by Izyniner:
If he chooses the chief's then he plays for Frisco on the 5th year option and then he gets franchised the following year and traded to whoever the niners want to. He doesn't have veto power.

Frisco is a city in Texas. 🤮🤮🤮
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
The only way to eliminate it would be to trade away these players for a nice haul two years prior to their contract ending because all of our A listers not named Fred Warner want to hold out once year prior to deals ending to try to get more money

We can get the drop on them by shuffling them outta here 2 years early like Walsh always advocated for

QB, LT, DL are cornerstones to any team maybe a star CB and RB with this offense. Crazy to trade away good players you have great confidence in drafting which Walsh was. Last time we did this was with Buckner which was a colossal mistake could you imagine him with Bosa? None the less Ayuik isn't on Buckners level at least not yet
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Walsh never advocated to get rid of young ascending talent.

From what I remember hearing hed let go of players just hitting the end of their prime i.e Kittle or Deebo
Originally posted by Since07:

From what I remember hearing hed let go of players just hitting the end of their prime i.e Kittle or Deebo

What makes you think those guys are hitting the end of their prime? Kittle just had led the NFL in receiving yards by a TE.

Deebo had a pretty solid season of his own and just turned 28 in January.

Or are you just overreacting to the SB?

Deebo isnt hitting the end of his prime.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
We fans all have our opinions on this issue but I wonder what Lynch and Kyle are really thinking. Would they really entertain a trade offer or are they adamant in their desire to keep him? The front office rarely reveals their real thoughts in these issues.

I would, IF the offer is insane. At least a 1 and a 3 etc

The reason I would is you'd have valuable future picks, and found $ to secure other players like Demo, Ward etc.

The value of future picks is always a question. The typical draft yields between 2-4 guys that actually make a contribution and maybe 2 that are solid starters. If you get more than one real star it was a huge success. The biggest reason draft picks are valued more now is because of the salary cap. Like I said what we think isn't important. It's what the front office is thinking. Even more is what other teams think Aiyuk's value is. They may not see him the same way the 49ers do. Hopefully we see it settled one way or another in a couple weeks. I hate to see him miss camp.

Agreed, nobody is offering us what it would take to move on.

I said before maybe other teams would pay him more, but they aren't giving up a 1st round pick for him.

Sadly given the history he will miss camp. Which means he will come back last minute and pull a hammy.
We fans all have our opinions on this issue but I wonder what Lynch and Kyle are really thinking. Would they really entertain a trade offer or are they adamant in their desire to keep him? The front office rarely reveals their real thoughts in these issues.

I would, IF the offer is insane. At least a 1 and a 3 etc

The reason I would is you'd have valuable future picks, and found $ to secure other players like Demo, Ward etc.

The value of future picks is always a question. The typical draft yields between 2-4 guys that actually make a contribution and maybe 2 that are solid starters. If you get more than one real star it was a huge success. The biggest reason draft picks are valued more now is because of the salary cap. Like I said what we think isn't important. It's what the front office is thinking. Even more is what other teams think Aiyuk's value is. They may not see him the same way the 49ers do. Hopefully we see it settled one way or another in a couple weeks. I hate to see him miss camp.

Agreed, nobody is offering us what it would take to move on.

I said before maybe other teams would pay him more, but they aren't giving up a 1st round pick for him.

Sadly given the history he will miss camp. Which means he will come back last minute and pull a hammy.

I think it would not only need to be a 1st rounder but a potential high first rounder. Top 15 at least.
We need an impact player for Aiyuk because that's the only way a trade would bring us impact this year. We are all in this year. Now if Aiyuk won't sign we make him play then tag him then trade him all while extending one of Demo and or Ward this year

Done
Dan Orlovsky saying Rams win division if Niners don't have Aiyuk is wild. Somebody should drug test him. We have far and away the most talented roster in the NFC let alone the NFC West and would still have that if Aiyuk left for draft picks.

Walsh also didn't have to deal with free agency (plan b free agency didn't happen until 1989 and full free agency didn't happen until 1993), nor did he have the salary cap to contend with (that came in 94).

Roster management was a lot different back then since teams had full control over players.

I know it's extremely rare to trade players however its is getting ridiculous on both Ayuik and the FO. We should call Tampa Bay and ask about Wirfs he is also on his 5th year on his current contract. I would do that immediately since it helps even good WRs have the time to get open and Purdy to process the open receivers. We would have the best bookends and hopefully Puni develops into a stud rookie at right guard.

I know it's a Longshot but Tampa may do it.
[ Edited by bassmanr on Jul 19, 2024 at 2:03 PM ]
Originally posted by bassmanr:
I know it's extremely rare to trade players however its is getting ridiculous on both Ayuik and the FO. We should call Tampa Bay and ask about Wirfs he is also on his 5th year on his current contract. I would do that immediately since it helps even good WRs have the time to get open and Purdy to process the open receivers. We would have the best bookends and hopefully Puni develops into a stud rookie at right guard.

LOL
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by Izyniner:
If he chooses the chief's then he plays for Frisco on the 5th year option and then he gets franchised the following year and traded to whoever the niners want to. He doesn't have veto power.

Frisco is a city in Texas. 🤮🤮🤮

It's the Dallas Cowboys' headquarters and practice field. BA isn't going to be playing for Frisco.
Originally posted by bassmanr:

No chance we'll get Wirfs.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Dan Orlovsky saying Rams win division if Niners don't have Aiyuk is wild. Somebody should drug test him. We have far and away the most talented roster in the NFC let alone the NFC West and would still have that if Aiyuk left for draft picks.

Hate all the others in the West but this year could be a b***h. Even AZ looking better.

Let's not be cocky.
Share 49ersWebzone