LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 274 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by bassmanr:
I know it's extremely rare to trade players however its is getting ridiculous on both Ayuik and the FO. We should call Tampa Bay and ask about Wirfs he is also on his 5th year on his current contract. I would do that immediately since it helps even good WRs have the time to get open and Purdy to process the open receivers. We would have the best bookends and hopefully Puni develops into a stud rookie at right guard.

I know it's a Longshot but Tampa may do it.
No chance we'll get Wirfs.

Unfortunately I think your right but I would love to see it.

That's the only trade other than maybe Surtain that would help us this year. Even Surtain would just help us to hold teams to under 20 points a game.

If we still have O line issues from last year we would be a lot worse without Ayuik.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Doesn't work that way, B.A can veto a trade simply by refusing to sign a long term deal with the "loser" team we want to trade him to. If we tell he and his agent to go find a trade of their liking and he chooses the Chiefs, now what????

We can act like B.A is a Camaro or a sub-par player, but remember we don't even get to the Super Bowl without him. The responses on this board proves this if we think he is good enough to be traded for a high 1st round pick or a future H.O.F'er straight up.

What we need to do is sign him.

And who diminished him? I said he's top 5 by virtue of him being All Pro but what I'm saying is on this team we have mouths to feed and the meal is great but if he doesn't fork over a bit of money he's going to have to dine elsewhere like anyone else

We cant keep winning then pay all 53 more than everyone else. This ain't the Eddie days. We have to have some players willing to take the Tom Brady route and if not we will make the best moves for self just as we did with Deforest Buckner

And how did that work out for us?
Doesn't work that way, B.A can veto a trade simply by refusing to sign a long term deal with the "loser" team we want to trade him to. If we tell he and his agent to go find a trade of their liking and he chooses the Chiefs, now what????

We can act like B.A is a Camaro or a sub-par player, but remember we don't even get to the Super Bowl without him. The responses on this board proves this if we think he is good enough to be traded for a high 1st round pick or a future H.O.F'er straight up.

And who diminished him? I said he's top 5 by virtue of him being All Pro but what I'm saying is on this team we have mouths to feed and the meal is great but if he doesn't fork over a bit of money he's going to have to dine elsewhere like anyone else

We cant keep winning then pay all 53 more than everyone else. This ain't the Eddie days. We have to have some players willing to take the Tom Brady route and if not we will make the best moves for self just as we did with Deforest Buckner

Yeah we haven't made the playoffs since
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Making the playoffs is not the goal. we are not the Jacksonville Jaguars.

We are the 5 time Super Bowl Champion 49ers.

I know some people think we are the 0-3 Santa Clara 49ers, but that's not true. We have standards that a lot of the new faithful might not understand.
Purdy would suffer without BA? Naaa lol

I know some people think we are the 0-3 Santa Clara 49ers, but that's not true. We have standards that a lot of the new faithful might not understand.

Uh you can't get to the Super Bowl without first getting to the playoffs. Kinda how this whole thing works!

What lol? You can't win a SB if you're not making the playoffs

Are you part of the new faithful, since you didn't know how it worked out for us (Buckner)?

BA is not a piece that will stop us from reaching our goal. We have shown that we can make a SB with less.
Originally posted by BOI49er:
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by Izyniner:
If he chooses the chief's then he plays for Frisco on the 5th year option and then he gets franchised the following year and traded to whoever the niners want to. He doesn't have veto power.

Frisco is a city in Texas. 🤮🤮🤮

It's the Dallas Cowboys' headquarters and practice field. BA isn't going to be playing for Frisco.

Again reading comprehension it's a hell of a life tool!
I look at those 3 games we lost in a row. Aiyuk had a chance to shine with deebo and Christian out but didn't.l, and superbowl! I would definitely bring that up in negotiations.
Yea didn't we make a Super Bowl with DeFo and without Aiyuk and then vice versa?

Did DeFo make a Super Bowl since leaving here?

Yea I kinda think we know a little bit about what we're doing over here. We only really NEED Aiyuk this year so fortunately we have him under contract and IF the need arises next year we can tag him again

Originally posted by Montana:
Purdy would suffer without BA? Naaa lol

lol yeah I doubt Brock will have some massive drop off if we don't have BA, although BA is really good and helps Brock a lot.

im hoping, that IF we get rid of Aiyuk (which I still think is highly unlikely this year), that we replace him with like an Adams or so.

adams would be a more impactful recieving threat but idk how he does with like run blocking etc.

Hulk Purdy?!
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jul 19, 2024 at 7:15 PM ]
jimbo screwed the pooch on this one. Lol
Pay the man. After the SB everybody was crying about not having wrs that can best man coverage. Now we all think losing the only one we have won't make a difference at all. Gotta love the webzone. And if they don't wanna pay him then they should've traded him. Him sitting out and coming in late helps nobody.
Share 49ersWebzone