LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 242 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by lamontb:
Pay the man. After the SB everybody was crying about not having wrs that can best man coverage. Now we all think losing the only one we have won't make a difference at all. Gotta love the webzone. And if they don't wanna pay him then they should've traded him. Him sitting out and coming in late helps nobody.

He didn't beat man coverage in the Super Bowl. He was covered like a BLANKET by elite Chiefs CB's. Regular season tiger. Didn't hold up against the elites. Plus DeeVAH limping around with his hamstring problems in the Super Bowl. Both failed us.
Originally posted by tankle104:

Hulk Purdy?!

The Quad-father? LOL that is golden haha. "Purdy, you are ruthless out there, just straight assassin with no mercy." "It's not personal, it's business." Lol
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Yea didn't we make a Super Bowl with DeFo and without Aiyuk and then vice versa?

Did DeFo make a Super Bowl since leaving here?

Yea I kinda think we know a little bit about what we're doing over here. We only really NEED Aiyuk this year so fortunately we have him under contract and IF the need arises next year we can tag him again

You talking like we won the Super Bowl lol

Of course we know what we're doing, this is why we haven't traded B.A

I think Buckner would have been a better option than Kinlaw in last years Super Bowl.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
You talking like we won the Super Bowl lol

Of course we know what we're doing, this is why we haven't traded B.A

I think Buckner would have been a better option than Kinlaw in last years Super Bowl.
😩
Originally posted by Izyniner:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Doesn't work that way, B.A can veto a trade simply by refusing to sign a long term deal with the "loser" team we want to trade him to. If we tell he and his agent to go find a trade of their liking and he chooses the Chiefs, now what????

We can act like B.A is a Camaro or a sub-par player, but remember we don't even get to the Super Bowl without him. The responses on this board proves this if we think he is good enough to be traded for a high 1st round pick or a future H.O.F'er straight up.

What we need to do is sign him.

And who diminished him? I said he's top 5 by virtue of him being All Pro but what I'm saying is on this team we have mouths to feed and the meal is great but if he doesn't fork over a bit of money he's going to have to dine elsewhere like anyone else

We cant keep winning then pay all 53 more than everyone else. This ain't the Eddie days. We have to have some players willing to take the Tom Brady route and if not we will make the best moves for self just as we did with Deforest Buckner

And how did that work out for us?
Yeah we haven't made the playoffs since

Making the playoffs is not the goal. we are not the Jacksonville Jaguars.

We are the 5 time Super Bowl Champion 49ers.

I know some people think we are the 0-3 Santa Clara 49ers, but that's not true. We have standards that a lot of the new faithful might not understand.

Uh you can't get to the Super Bowl without first getting to the playoffs. Kinda how this whole thing works!

You didn't mention the Super Bowl

your standard was simply making it to the playoffs
Doesn't work that way, B.A can veto a trade simply by refusing to sign a long term deal with the "loser" team we want to trade him to. If we tell he and his agent to go find a trade of their liking and he chooses the Chiefs, now what????

We can act like B.A is a Camaro or a sub-par player, but remember we don't even get to the Super Bowl without him. The responses on this board proves this if we think he is good enough to be traded for a high 1st round pick or a future H.O.F'er straight up.

And who diminished him? I said he's top 5 by virtue of him being All Pro but what I'm saying is on this team we have mouths to feed and the meal is great but if he doesn't fork over a bit of money he's going to have to dine elsewhere like anyone else

We cant keep winning then pay all 53 more than everyone else. This ain't the Eddie days. We have to have some players willing to take the Tom Brady route and if not we will make the best moves for self just as we did with Deforest Buckner

I know some people think we are the 0-3 Santa Clara 49ers, but that's not true. We have standards that a lot of the new faithful might not understand.

Uh you can't get to the Super Bowl without first getting to the playoffs. Kinda how this whole thing works!

People on here act like we've won 3 SBs with Lynch and Kyle. Like the team is perfect and wins all the time.
Originally posted by BOI49er:
Originally posted by Cosmo:
If he chooses the chief's then he plays for Frisco on the 5th year option and then he gets franchised the following year and traded to whoever the niners want to. He doesn't have veto power.

Frisco is a city in Texas. 🤮🤮🤮

It's the Dallas Cowboys' headquarters and practice field. BA isn't going to be playing for Frisco.

Again reading comprehension it's a hell of a life tool!

Right. Frisco is a real place.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

People on here act like we've won 3 SBs with Lynch and Kyle. Like the team is perfect and wins all the time.
No one thinks that (perfect).

Only idiots would want to not even get close to a Super Bowl because they are too fragile of the would be results
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jul 19, 2024 at 10:27 PM ]
The media feeding frenzy is on...all of a sudden 5 teams supposedly would pay Aiyuk. What are they willing to give up...Niners don't want picks, they want players. Unless some team out there blows them away with an offer, Aiyuk isn't going anywhere.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
We fans all have our opinions on this issue but I wonder what Lynch and Kyle are really thinking. Would they really entertain a trade offer or are they adamant in their desire to keep him? The front office rarely reveals their real thoughts in these issues.

I would, IF the offer is insane. At least a 1 and a 3 etc

The reason I would is you'd have valuable future picks, and found $ to secure other players like Demo, Ward etc.

The value of future picks is always a question. The typical draft yields between 2-4 guys that actually make a contribution and maybe 2 that are solid starters. If you get more than one real star it was a huge success. The biggest reason draft picks are valued more now is because of the salary cap. Like I said what we think isn't important. It's what the front office is thinking. Even more is what other teams think Aiyuk's value is. They may not see him the same way the 49ers do. Hopefully we see it settled one way or another in a couple weeks. I hate to see him miss camp.

Agreed, nobody is offering us what it would take to move on.

I said before maybe other teams would pay him more, but they aren't giving up a 1st round pick for him.

Sadly given the history he will miss camp. Which means he will come back last minute and pull a hammy.

I think it would not only need to be a 1st rounder but a potential high first rounder. Top 15 at least.

Agreed. And it looks like my assumptions were right. Aiyuk found teams that would pay him, but they couldn't meet the team's trade demands.

florio is a tool and he doesn't like the Niners so it's obvious he'll fan the flames on this situation. He always does.

I guess it's- is Aiyuk about every penny he can get? Or does he want to be on a contender that drafted and built up while taking a little less understanding this front office fields a good roster year in and year out? It sounds like we're talking 2 mill. Now maybe more because of the market.

In the end how he feels is irrelevant and his anger should be directed at his union because this is the cba they agreed to and the 49ers hold every piece of leverage.

He can easily be on this team 2-3 more seasons and it would still be cheaper than the deal they have on the table for him. He may hate it, but that's the reality and if he were the GM he would do the same damn thing lol

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
The media feeding frenzy is on...all of a sudden 5 teams supposedly would pay Aiyuk. What are they willing to give up...Niners don't want picks, they want players. Unless some team out there blows them away with an offer, Aiyuk isn't going anywhere.
Yeah but they were all damn cheapskates in what they were offering in a trade so they can all f**k off.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

Agreed it's a weird take. Florio is presenting that 5 teams think aiyuk is worth $30m/yr or whatever. That's fine but who are the 5 teams? Because if they are junker teams with no talent to pay now or in the future.....well of course they'd be willing! What else are they going to spend on?
Oh damn. I just realized I posted Brock stuff in the Aiyuk thread - my bad.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Oh damn. I just realized I posted Brock stuff in the Aiyuk thread - my bad.

It cheered up the thread tbh lol. Quads>drama lol
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Pay the man. After the SB everybody was crying about not having wrs that can best man coverage. Now we all think losing the only one we have won't make a difference at all. Gotta love the webzone. And if they don't wanna pay him then they should've traded him. Him sitting out and coming in late helps nobody.

He didn't beat man coverage in the Super Bowl. He was covered like a BLANKET by elite Chiefs CB's. Regular season tiger. Didn't hold up against the elites. Plus DeeVAH limping around with his hamstring problems in the Super Bowl. Both failed us.

Share 49ersWebzone