Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Pay the man. After the SB everybody was crying about not having wrs that can best man coverage. Now we all think losing the only one we have won't make a difference at all. Gotta love the webzone. And if they don't wanna pay him then they should've traded him. Him sitting out and coming in late helps nobody.

He didn't beat man coverage in the Super Bowl. He was covered like a BLANKET by elite Chiefs CB's. Regular season tiger. Didn't hold up against the elites. Plus DeeVAH limping around with his hamstring problems in the Super Bowl. Both failed us.

You still running your mouth when you're clearly wrong? Shocking…

He was totally covered in the Super Bowl. While Samuel was limping around.

lol Stop making s**t up . Been showed to you ad nauseam

He was NOT open out there on a lot of plays. You can find a one off. Or a few. But he was strongly covered in that game by the elite Chiefs CB's for the most part. He was less effective than normal for the whole season. That's a fact.

If we had better line play Brock would have had time to find Ayuik and he would have been open more. Since that is not the belief of the FO, Kyle and Lynch, It's a moot point. We better pray for a miracle that Puni is great in his rookie year or it's groundhog day all over again.

Yeah the line is a big problem and a huge part of that. I agree with that.

So better OL play would allow Ayiuk to suddenly beat man coverage, which you stated he didn't and couldn't ever do in the SB?

It would allow more time for Ayuik to get open. Even if there is elite CBs Ayuik with time will get open. Also Purdy time to process when Ayuik is open.

SD says he can't and didn't hear man coverage. No amount of time will change that
Pay the man. After the SB everybody was crying about not having wrs that can best man coverage. Now we all think losing the only one we have won't make a difference at all. Gotta love the webzone. And if they don't wanna pay him then they should've traded him. Him sitting out and coming in late helps nobody.

He didn't beat man coverage in the Super Bowl. He was covered like a BLANKET by elite Chiefs CB's. Regular season tiger. Didn't hold up against the elites. Plus DeeVAH limping around with his hamstring problems in the Super Bowl. Both failed us.

So should we trade BA and Deebo? Then we start JJ and Pearsall?
[ Edited by lamontb on Jul 20, 2024 at 12:39 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

No need, the deal will get done - most likely before or shortly after the beginning of training camp, like Deebo/Bosa deals. 49ers have a ton of leverage over Aiyuk, just re-read NY85's posts and it's all you need to know about that stuff.

He was NOT open out there on a lot of plays. You can find a one off. Or a few. But he was strongly covered in that game by the elite Chiefs CB's for the most part. He was less effective than normal for the whole season. That's a fact.

If we had better line play Brock would have had time to find Ayuik and he would have been open more. Since that is not the belief of the FO, Kyle and Lynch, It's a moot point. We better pray for a miracle that Puni is great in his rookie year or it's groundhog day all over again.

So better OL play would allow Ayiuk to suddenly beat man coverage, which you stated he didn't and couldn't ever do in the SB?

It would allow more time for Ayuik to get open. Even if there is elite CBs Ayuik with time will get open. Also Purdy time to process when Ayuik is open.

Yeah that's true.

SD says he can't and didn't hear man coverage. No amount of time will change that

He didn't do it as much vs Chiefs elite CB's. Compared to normally. He was more covered. Of course you can find one off plays where he beat it.

We try to keep both and work Pearsall in. But we have a lot of money and high draft picks in WR's now. I would like to see some offensive line. Especially since it's going to fall apart when Trent Williams retires. When Aaron Banks leaves in FA. Banks is well above average too. He doesn't get the credit on this page. But you will be surprised how much he gets. I believe he allowed ZERO sacks and very few pressures. He's also a bulldozer in the run game. Banks and Trent Williams are our best. Thank goodness for that left side. The right is a mess. Imagine losing 1 or both of those on the left. It will get even worse.
Hopefully this is resolved soon by either a deal or a trade that helps the team this year.

I understand that we can force Aiyuk to play this year but my concern is what that'll do to the locker room and chemistry. If we do force him to play here this year - I hope he's super motivated to ball out and get an even bigger extension. lol we would lose him for sure after the season but tag and trade him.

i hate how we have several years of this drama. It's a double edged sword of its good we have awesome players to resign but annoying the drama.
We try to keep both and work Pearsall in. But we have a lot of money and high draft picks in WR's now. I would like to see some offensive line. Especially since it's going to fall apart when Trent Williams retires. When Aaron Banks leaves in FA. Banks is well above average too. He doesn't get the credit on this page. But you will be surprised how much he gets. I believe he allowed ZERO sacks and very few pressures. He's also a bulldozer in the run game. Banks and Trent Williams are our best. Thank goodness for that left side. The right is a mess. Imagine losing 1 or both of those on the left. It will get even worse.

Yeah banks will get PAID, like MCG paid.

the nfl has a massive shortage on quality o linemen. So even though he isn't "elite", he will get paid like it cause teams are desperate. Hes a very above average player though. I think banks is a very solid player. I'd like to keep him but not going to happen
Originally posted by tankle104:

the nfl has a massive shortage on quality o linemen. So even though he isn't "elite", he will get paid like it cause teams are desperate. Hes a very above average player though. I think banks is a very solid player. I'd like to keep him but not going to happen

Banks is a very solid player. Well above average IMO. Maybe not the best in the league. But our already weak offensive line will suffer without him. Him and Trent Williams are the best and TW is getting older. I would like to Franchise Tag him. But who knows what they do. Or extend him. But you just can't keep everyone. They have so much in the weapons there is little money left for offensive line.
Originally posted by tankle104:

I agree with what you said and unfortunately we probably will not find an adequate replacement. We need to focus on the line next offseason with little cap space. Hopefully we will get lucky and it happens however if we want to win we have to keep Purdy healthy. 2022 draft is where we should have looked hard for later round replacements. They would be ready next season. Go Puni make us all proud.

Back to Ayuik we just won't have the money he wants if we want to keep playing for a championship.

He didn't do it as much vs Chiefs elite CB's. Compared to normally. He was more covered. Of course you can find one off plays where he beat it.

They weren't one offs , but carry on
Back to Ayuik we just won't have the money he wants if we want to keep playing for a championship.

I don't see a deal getting done this year and it is in Aiyuk's interest to be ready to put up strong numbers, and hopefully win a Super Bowl ring so that he can get that big free agent contract. Next year there might be the Aiyuk vs. Deebo decision but I think 49ers will stand pat and Aiyuk will be on the field week 1.

They weren't one offs , but carry on

Watch the game. He wasn't that open out there. Much more covered than normal. Deebo was limping around. Kittle kept in to block. So way less options for Brock Purdy than normal. Thus the loss.

Watch the game. He wasn't that open out there. Much more covered than normal. Deebo was limping around. Kittle kept in to block. So way less options for Brock Purdy than normal. Thus the loss.

I did watch the game. You just don't understand what you are watching a lot of the time, thus the awful takes
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jul 20, 2024 at 2:38 PM ]

I did watch the game. You just don't understand what you are watching a lot of the time, thus the awful takes

You didn't even watch the game. Aiyuk was not as open as normal. Deebo was limping around. Kittle kept in to block. Burford missing key blocks. A lot of why we lost. In addition to going against Mahomes. Who just doesn't lose in the Playoffs. Almost never.
Share 49ersWebzone