LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 272 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hummbabybear_1:
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Back to Ayuik we just won't have the money he wants if we want to keep playing for a championship.

I don't see a deal getting done this year and it is in Aiyuk's interest to be ready to put up strong numbers, and hopefully win a Super Bowl ring so that he can get that big free agent contract. Next year there might be the Aiyuk vs. Deebo decision but I think 49ers will stand pat and Aiyuk will be on the field week 1.

I hope your correct and he will do what's right, not pull a Antonio Brown, Ricky Bell ect.
I agree with what you said and unfortunately we probably will not find an adequate replacement. We need to focus on the line next offseason with little cap space. Hopefully we will get lucky and it happens however if we want to win we have to keep Purdy healthy. 2022 draft is where we should have looked hard for later round replacements. They would be ready next season. Go Puni make us all proud.

Back to Ayuik we just won't have the money he wants if we want to keep playing for a championship.

I like the Puni pick but I think he's going to be RG. Itll be interesting to see if any of our younger guys develop well or if we can find some solid cheap OL vets in FA.

so much of what we do next off season will depend on the structure of Brock's contract. I think it's highly likely his first four years or so will have a very low cap hit (look up hurts for an example). So I think we will have money but who knows.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by Izyniner:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Doesn't work that way, B.A can veto a trade simply by refusing to sign a long term deal with the "loser" team we want to trade him to. If we tell he and his agent to go find a trade of their liking and he chooses the Chiefs, now what????

We can act like B.A is a Camaro or a sub-par player, but remember we don't even get to the Super Bowl without him. The responses on this board proves this if we think he is good enough to be traded for a high 1st round pick or a future H.O.F'er straight up.

What we need to do is sign him.

And who diminished him? I said he's top 5 by virtue of him being All Pro but what I'm saying is on this team we have mouths to feed and the meal is great but if he doesn't fork over a bit of money he's going to have to dine elsewhere like anyone else

We cant keep winning then pay all 53 more than everyone else. This ain't the Eddie days. We have to have some players willing to take the Tom Brady route and if not we will make the best moves for self just as we did with Deforest Buckner

And how did that work out for us?
Yeah we haven't made the playoffs since

Making the playoffs is not the goal. we are not the Jacksonville Jaguars.

We are the 5 time Super Bowl Champion 49ers.

I know some people think we are the 0-3 Santa Clara 49ers, but that's not true. We have standards that a lot of the new faithful might not understand.

Uh you can't get to the Super Bowl without first getting to the playoffs. Kinda how this whole thing works!

You didn't mention the Super Bowl

your standard was simply making it to the playoffs

People on here act like we've won 3 SBs with Lynch and Kyle. Like the team is perfect and wins all the time.

This was the first season under them we had a legit QB the whole season and we had the lead in the SB every time that QB saw the field in the 4th quarter and in OT.

Perfect teams don't always win SBs. Look at the 2007 Pats who were literally perfect going into their big game. Ironically enough they were stopped by the same DC who has handed us two losses under Kyle but I'd put good money on if Feliciano doesn't get injured Spags and Reid are taking an L in that game. That doesn't even bring up Dre's injury and how it opened up the Chiefs offense - what a brilliant coaching move by Andy Reid btw to have Greenlaw's Achilles pop.

This is untrue, Jimmy G was given everything a franchise QB could have from the contract to the starting job. Kyle gave up 3 first round picks for Trey Lance, which makes him a fab in Kyle's eyes. So Brock is Kyle's 3rd hand selected legit QB.
Doesn't work that way, B.A can veto a trade simply by refusing to sign a long term deal with the "loser" team we want to trade him to. If we tell he and his agent to go find a trade of their liking and he chooses the Chiefs, now what????

We can act like B.A is a Camaro or a sub-par player, but remember we don't even get to the Super Bowl without him. The responses on this board proves this if we think he is good enough to be traded for a high 1st round pick or a future H.O.F'er straight up.

And who diminished him? I said he's top 5 by virtue of him being All Pro but what I'm saying is on this team we have mouths to feed and the meal is great but if he doesn't fork over a bit of money he's going to have to dine elsewhere like anyone else

We cant keep winning then pay all 53 more than everyone else. This ain't the Eddie days. We have to have some players willing to take the Tom Brady route and if not we will make the best moves for self just as we did with Deforest Buckner

I know some people think we are the 0-3 Santa Clara 49ers, but that's not true. We have standards that a lot of the new faithful might not understand.

Uh you can't get to the Super Bowl without first getting to the playoffs. Kinda how this whole thing works!

People on here act like we've won 3 SBs with Lynch and Kyle. Like the team is perfect and wins all the time.

This was the first season under them we had a legit QB the whole season and we had the lead in the SB every time that QB saw the field in the 4th quarter and in OT.

Perfect teams don't always win SBs. Look at the 2007 Pats who were literally perfect going into their big game. Ironically enough they were stopped by the same DC who has handed us two losses under Kyle but I'd put good money on if Feliciano doesn't get injured Spags and Reid are taking an L in that game. That doesn't even bring up Dre's injury and how it opened up the Chiefs offense - what a brilliant coaching move by Andy Reid btw to have Greenlaw's Achilles pop.

This is untrue, Jimmy G was given everything a franchise QB could have from the contract to the starting job. Kyle gave up 3 first round picks for Trey Lance, which makes him a fab in Kyle's eyes. So Brock is Kyle's 3rd hand selected legit QB.
Still irrelevant

Still irrelevant

I think sports history proves it's better to be lucky if anything else so I'll take it lol
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Watch the game. He wasn't that open out there. Much more covered than normal. Deebo was limping around. Kittle kept in to block. So way less options for Brock Purdy than normal. Thus the loss.

I did watch the game. You just don't understand what you are watching a lot of the time, thus the awful takes

You didn't even watch the game. Aiyuk was not as open as normal. Deebo was limping around. Kittle kept in to block. Burford missing key blocks. A lot of why we lost. In addition to going against Mahomes. Who just doesn't lose in the Playoffs. Almost never.

You are right… I didn't watch the SB. But those one offs you've been referencing tells me you didn't watch it or just have no clue what you are talking about.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Pay the man. After the SB everybody was crying about not having wrs that can best man coverage. Now we all think losing the only one we have won't make a difference at all. Gotta love the webzone. And if they don't wanna pay him then they should've traded him. Him sitting out and coming in late helps nobody.

He didn't beat man coverage in the Super Bowl. He was covered like a BLANKET by elite Chiefs CB's. Regular season tiger. Didn't hold up against the elites. Plus DeeVAH limping around with his hamstring problems in the Super Bowl. Both failed us.

So should we trade BA and Deebo? Then we start JJ and Pearsall?

We try to keep both and work Pearsall in. But we have a lot of money and high draft picks in WR's now. I would like to see some offensive line. Especially since it's going to fall apart when Trent Williams retires. When Aaron Banks leaves in FA. Banks is well above average too. He doesn't get the credit on this page. But you will be surprised how much he gets. I believe he allowed ZERO sacks and very few pressures. He's also a bulldozer in the run game. Banks and Trent Williams are our best. Thank goodness for that left side. The right is a mess. Imagine losing 1 or both of those on the left. It will get even worse.

I agree with you on o line
Originally posted by tankle104:
I agree with what you said and unfortunately we probably will not find an adequate replacement. We need to focus on the line next offseason with little cap space. Hopefully we will get lucky and it happens however if we want to win we have to keep Purdy healthy. 2022 draft is where we should have looked hard for later round replacements. They would be ready next season. Go Puni make us all proud.

I like the Puni pick but I think he's going to be RG. Itll be interesting to see if any of our younger guys develop well or if we can find some solid cheap OL vets in FA.

so much of what we do next off season will depend on the structure of Brock's contract. I think it's highly likely his first four years or so will have a very low cap hit (look up hurts for an example). So I think we will have money but who knows.

I like the Puni pick as well...Watched a lot of his tape, really did not know much about him from watching college ball.

I'm hoping we get lucky on some vets as well and further development on our current depth.

It's going to be tricky building a roster after this season. With the way things work out lately is our later picks are the ones who end up being studs. Hope it's that way with our line.

Watch the game. He wasn't that open out there. Much more covered than normal. Deebo was limping around. Kittle kept in to block. So way less options for Brock Purdy than normal. Thus the loss.

I did watch the game. You just don't understand what you are watching a lot of the time, thus the awful takes

You didn't even watch the game. Aiyuk was not as open as normal. Deebo was limping around. Kittle kept in to block. Burford missing key blocks. A lot of why we lost. In addition to going against Mahomes. Who just doesn't lose in the Playoffs. Almost never.

You are right… I didn't watch the SB. But those one offs you've been referencing tells me you didn't watch it or just have no clue what you are talking about.

Watch the games.

Originally posted by linkboy:
Originally posted by Since07:
From what I remember hearing hed let go of players just hitting the end of their prime i.e Kittle or Deebo

Walsh also didn't have to deal with free agency (plan b free agency didn't happen until 1989 and full free agency didn't happen until 1993), nor did he have the salary cap to contend with (that came in 94).

Roster management was a lot different back then since teams had full control over players.

Dand didn't know that

Originally posted by Since07:
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Walsh never advocated to get rid of young ascending talent.

From what I remember hearing hed let go of players just hitting the end of their prime i.e Kittle or Deebo

What makes you think those guys are hitting the end of their prime? Kittle just had led the NFL in receiving yards by a TE.

Deebo had a pretty solid season of his own and just turned 28 in January.

Or are you just overreacting to the SB?

Im not saying they are going to fall off they might be great till they are 35 for all I know but most players lose a step around 30 and both of them are getting close to that
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Pay the man. After the SB everybody was crying about not having wrs that can best man coverage. Now we all think losing the only one we have won't make a difference at all. Gotta love the webzone. And if they don't wanna pay him then they should've traded him. Him sitting out and coming in late helps nobody.

He didn't beat man coverage in the Super Bowl. He was covered like a BLANKET by elite Chiefs CB's. Regular season tiger. Didn't hold up against the elites. Plus DeeVAH limping around with his hamstring problems in the Super Bowl. Both failed us.

You still running your mouth when you're clearly wrong? Shocking…

He was totally covered in the Super Bowl. While Samuel was limping around.

He was definitely open in the back of the end zone on that one fateful play when our backup o-lineman missed his assignment sealing our fate.

Burford sucks and should not be a starter. Feliciano is much better. He's a veteran starter. While maybe not great. He's at least a solid veteran starter. Light years better than that scrub. I can't believe people don't see it.

Did you even watch the game? With comments like this I feel like you didn't.
He didn't do it as much vs Chiefs elite CB's. Compared to normally. He was more covered. Of course you can find one off plays where he beat it.

So it went from he didn't beat man coverage and covered like a blanket to didn't do it AS much and compared to normally.

No s**t Sherlock. You face elite CBs and you don't win as much as you would when playing weaker corners. That goes for every WR in the game. Jerry Rice wasn't open all the time when playing vs Deion.

Honestly wtf are you talking about?
Are the 2 sides even talking right now or are they just at a stalemate? Seems like there has been zero movement from either side.
Share 49ersWebzone