LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 251 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by genus49:
So it went from he didn't beat man coverage and covered like a blanket to didn't do it AS much and compared to normally.

No s**t Sherlock. You face elite CBs and you don't win as much as you would when playing weaker corners. That goes for every WR in the game. Jerry Rice wasn't open all the time when playing vs Deion.

Yeah. So that's the point. He struggled vs the Chiefs elite CB'S.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
So it went from he didn't beat man coverage and covered like a blanket to didn't do it AS much and compared to normally.

No s**t Sherlock. You face elite CBs and you don't win as much as you would when playing weaker corners. That goes for every WR in the game. Jerry Rice wasn't open all the time when playing vs Deion.

Yeah. So that's the point. He struggled vs the Chiefs elite CB'S.

He was fine given the competition. It's not always going to be roses and rainbows vs better competition. Acting like he was blanketed like you claimed earlier is just a trash take.

The problem is he wasn't targeted on some of the plays he was open.

here are a bunch of clips for your watching pleasure.

You can't just CHERRY PICK certain plays. For the totality of the game he is LESS open than normal compared to throughout the year. He was more covered. Period. End of story.

lol
He didn't do it as much vs Chiefs elite CB's. Compared to normally. He was more covered. Of course you can find one off plays where he beat it.

I get your point. No WR is always open. Probably not a great example to use though. Rice used to eat Deion's lunch when they matched up for the most part.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Jul 21, 2024 at 9:37 AM ]
Originally posted by Jakemall:
He didn't do it as much vs Chiefs elite CB's. Compared to normally. He was more covered. Of course you can find one off plays where he beat it.

I get your point. No WR is always open. Probably not a great example to use though. Rice used to eat Deion's lunch when they matched up for the most part.

You got my point…which was the point.

I'm sure I don't think I need to explain Jerry Rice being Jerry Rice and having Joe and Steve throwing him the ball helps, so does having quality pass blocking OLines so he could do his thing.

Aiyuk isn't Jerry Rice but the point was it's obviously tougher vs better defenses/corners even for the great ones.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Doesn't work that way, B.A can veto a trade simply by refusing to sign a long term deal with the "loser" team we want to trade him to. If we tell he and his agent to go find a trade of their liking and he chooses the Chiefs, now what????

We can act like B.A is a Camaro or a sub-par player, but remember we don't even get to the Super Bowl without him. The responses on this board proves this if we think he is good enough to be traded for a high 1st round pick or a future H.O.F'er straight up.

What we need to do is sign him.

And who diminished him? I said he's top 5 by virtue of him being All Pro but what I'm saying is on this team we have mouths to feed and the meal is great but if he doesn't fork over a bit of money he's going to have to dine elsewhere like anyone else

We cant keep winning then pay all 53 more than everyone else. This ain't the Eddie days. We have to have some players willing to take the Tom Brady route and if not we will make the best moves for self just as we did with Deforest Buckner

And how did that work out for us?
Yeah we haven't made the playoffs since

Making the playoffs is not the goal. we are not the Jacksonville Jaguars.

We are the 5 time Super Bowl Champion 49ers.

I know some people think we are the 0-3 Santa Clara 49ers, but that's not true. We have standards that a lot of the new faithful might not understand.

I have seen every one of our superbowls, and honestly, I think it's you that might be needing to adjust your expectations. Superbowl or bust in today's NFL is just setting yourself up for disappointment. The NFL is not like it was back when we were winning them. In today's NFL you just want to get to the playoffs as high a seed as you can get, and have a chance to compete for the title.
Trade him.
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Lol my favorite comedian, been to several of his shows.

I can't watch any clips from the SB, I will never watch any of it again! Lol
[ Edited by Montana on Jul 21, 2024 at 4:16 PM ]

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Doesn't work that way, B.A can veto a trade simply by refusing to sign a long term deal with the "loser" team we want to trade him to. If we tell he and his agent to go find a trade of their liking and he chooses the Chiefs, now what????

We can act like B.A is a Camaro or a sub-par player, but remember we don't even get to the Super Bowl without him. The responses on this board proves this if we think he is good enough to be traded for a high 1st round pick or a future H.O.F'er straight up.

And who diminished him? I said he's top 5 by virtue of him being All Pro but what I'm saying is on this team we have mouths to feed and the meal is great but if he doesn't fork over a bit of money he's going to have to dine elsewhere like anyone else

We cant keep winning then pay all 53 more than everyone else. This ain't the Eddie days. We have to have some players willing to take the Tom Brady route and if not we will make the best moves for self just as we did with Deforest Buckner

I know some people think we are the 0-3 Santa Clara 49ers, but that's not true. We have standards that a lot of the new faithful might not understand.

I have seen every one of our superbowls, and honestly, I think it's you that might be needing to adjust your expectations. Superbowl or bust in today's NFL is just setting yourself up for disappointment. The NFL is not like it was back when we were winning them. In today's NFL you just want to get to the playoffs as high a seed as you can get, and have a chance to compete for the title.

Well we are 0-3 modern day. I find that unacceptable.

Not a single team I can think past or present that has had as many opportunities to cash in for a championship in the last 14 years and come up short every single time.
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Jul 21, 2024 at 5:31 PM ]
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:

Not a single team I can think past or present that has had as many opportunities to cash in for a championship in the last 14 years and come up short every single time.

Have you ever heard of a team from Buffalo, called the Bills....?

That's a Shanahan & York SPECIAL.

Originally posted by RDB4216:

Have you ever heard of a team from Buffalo, called the Bills....?

I mean to be fair, he said in the last 14 years
Share 49ersWebzone