Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Doesn't work that way, B.A can veto a trade simply by refusing to sign a long term deal with the "loser" team we want to trade him to. If we tell he and his agent to go find a trade of their liking and he chooses the Chiefs, now what????

We can act like B.A is a Camaro or a sub-par player, but remember we don't even get to the Super Bowl without him. The responses on this board proves this if we think he is good enough to be traded for a high 1st round pick or a future H.O.F'er straight up.

What we need to do is sign him.

And who diminished him? I said he's top 5 by virtue of him being All Pro but what I'm saying is on this team we have mouths to feed and the meal is great but if he doesn't fork over a bit of money he's going to have to dine elsewhere like anyone else

We cant keep winning then pay all 53 more than everyone else. This ain't the Eddie days. We have to have some players willing to take the Tom Brady route and if not we will make the best moves for self just as we did with Deforest Buckner

And how did that work out for us?
Yeah we haven't made the playoffs since

Making the playoffs is not the goal. we are not the Jacksonville Jaguars.

We are the 5 time Super Bowl Champion 49ers.

I know some people think we are the 0-3 Santa Clara 49ers, but that's not true. We have standards that a lot of the new faithful might not understand.

I have seen every one of our superbowls, and honestly, I think it's you that might be needing to adjust your expectations. Superbowl or bust in today's NFL is just setting yourself up for disappointment. The NFL is not like it was back when we were winning them. In today's NFL you just want to get to the playoffs as high a seed as you can get, and have a chance to compete for the title.

Not a single team I can think past or present that has had as many opportunities to cash in for a championship in the last 14 years and come up short every single time.

Have you ever heard of a team from Buffalo, called the Bills....?

Last I checked the Bills super losses happened in a 4 year span, not 14.

But I thought of a few since the post that could rival the 2010s-2020s Niners . 60s-70s Vikings? 80s Bengals? 70s Rams?
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Jul 21, 2024 at 6:13 PM ]
Doesn't work that way, B.A can veto a trade simply by refusing to sign a long term deal with the "loser" team we want to trade him to. If we tell he and his agent to go find a trade of their liking and he chooses the Chiefs, now what????

We can act like B.A is a Camaro or a sub-par player, but remember we don't even get to the Super Bowl without him. The responses on this board proves this if we think he is good enough to be traded for a high 1st round pick or a future H.O.F'er straight up.

And who diminished him? I said he's top 5 by virtue of him being All Pro but what I'm saying is on this team we have mouths to feed and the meal is great but if he doesn't fork over a bit of money he's going to have to dine elsewhere like anyone else

We cant keep winning then pay all 53 more than everyone else. This ain't the Eddie days. We have to have some players willing to take the Tom Brady route and if not we will make the best moves for self just as we did with Deforest Buckner

I know some people think we are the 0-3 Santa Clara 49ers, but that's not true. We have standards that a lot of the new faithful might not understand.

I have seen every one of our superbowls, and honestly, I think it's you that might be needing to adjust your expectations. Superbowl or bust in today's NFL is just setting yourself up for disappointment. The NFL is not like it was back when we were winning them. In today's NFL you just want to get to the playoffs as high a seed as you can get, and have a chance to compete for the title.

Not a single team I can think past or present that has had as many opportunities to cash in for a championship in the last 14 years and come up short every single time.

But I thought of a few since the post that could rival the 2010s-2020s Niners . 60s-70s Vikings? 80s Bengals? 70s Rams?

Not exactly the teams you want to emulate.

Originally posted by 49ers808:

I mean to be fair, he said in the last 14 years

No, he said not a single team "past or present" has had as many opportunities as the 49ers have had in the last 14 years.

And that's still more opportunities lost than we've had in 14 years. Have we been to the Super Bowl 4 times and lost? No.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Not exactly the teams you want to emulate.

Exactly

And that's still more opportunities lost than we've had in 14 years. Have we been to the Super Bowl 4 times and lost? No.

So the Niners need to lose 1 more Super Bowl? And Did we conveniently forget about all those NFC Championship losses?
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Jul 21, 2024 at 7:31 PM ]
So the Niners need to lose 1 more Super Bowl? And Did we conveniently forget about all those NFC Championship losses?

We have 3 Super Bowl losses under the Yorks and I have no doubt they will bring us #4. I can't even count how many NFC Championship Game losses. The number must be off the charts.
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Well we are 0-3 modern day. I find that unacceptable.
LOL.
Stop whinin'
Start signin' lol

We have 3 Super Bowl losses under the Yorks and I have no doubt they will bring us #4. I can't even count how many NFC Championship Game losses. The number must be off the charts.

This makes me laugh when fans use the "it's not easy to win a Super Bowl" argument, it's also not easy to make 7 deep playoff runs and unable to cash in at least ONCE. Yet the 49ers from 2011-2014 and 2019-2023 managed to do it, Truly spectacular

This makes me laugh when fans use the "it's not easy to win a Super Bowl" argument, it's also not easy to make 7 deep playoff runs and unable to cash in at least ONCE. Yet the 49ers from 2011-2014 and 2019-2023 managed to do it, Truly spectacular

LOL

Yeah that's true. I agree. It's almost statistically unbelievable.
He sign yet?
Time to accept that you'll be playing on that fifth year, homie. It's go time. Report your ass to Santa Clara and get to work.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jul 22, 2024 at 10:23 AM ]
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Well we are 0-3 modern day. I find that unacceptable.

Oh really. Well, you don't have many options then. Find another team, stop watching the NFL, or find a way to accept it. Nobody actually likes it, but calling it unacceptable is a bit silly.
Share 49ersWebzone