LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 256 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Heroism:
Time to accept that you'll be playing on that fifth year, homie. It's go time. Report your ass to Santa Clara and get to work.

This. He can make all the noise he wants. We own him the next 2 years if he doesn't want the reasonable deal.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Time to accept that you'll be playing on that fifth year, homie. It's go time. Report your ass to Santa Clara and get to work.

This. He can make all the noise he wants. We own him the next 2 years if he doesn't want the reasonable deal.

And the more noise he makes the least likely we win a Superbowl
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Doesn't work that way, B.A can veto a trade simply by refusing to sign a long term deal with the "loser" team we want to trade him to. If we tell he and his agent to go find a trade of their liking and he chooses the Chiefs, now what????

We can act like B.A is a Camaro or a sub-par player, but remember we don't even get to the Super Bowl without him. The responses on this board proves this if we think he is good enough to be traded for a high 1st round pick or a future H.O.F'er straight up.

What we need to do is sign him.

And who diminished him? I said he's top 5 by virtue of him being All Pro but what I'm saying is on this team we have mouths to feed and the meal is great but if he doesn't fork over a bit of money he's going to have to dine elsewhere like anyone else

We cant keep winning then pay all 53 more than everyone else. This ain't the Eddie days. We have to have some players willing to take the Tom Brady route and if not we will make the best moves for self just as we did with Deforest Buckner

And how did that work out for us?
Yeah we haven't made the playoffs since

Making the playoffs is not the goal. we are not the Jacksonville Jaguars.

We are the 5 time Super Bowl Champion 49ers.

I know some people think we are the 0-3 Santa Clara 49ers, but that's not true. We have standards that a lot of the new faithful might not understand.

I have seen every one of our superbowls, and honestly, I think it's you that might be needing to adjust your expectations. Superbowl or bust in today's NFL is just setting yourself up for disappointment. The NFL is not like it was back when we were winning them. In today's NFL you just want to get to the playoffs as high a seed as you can get, and have a chance to compete for the title.

Not a single team I can think past or present that has had as many opportunities to cash in for a championship in the last 14 years and come up short every single time.

Have you ever heard of a team from Buffalo, called the Bills....?

Last I checked the Bills super losses happened in a 4 year span, not 14.

But I thought of a few since the post that could rival the 2010s-2020s Niners . 60s-70s Vikings? 80s Bengals? 70s Rams?

And that's still more opportunities lost than we've had in 14 years. Have we been to the Super Bowl 4 times and lost? No.

Kyle Shanahan: "hold my beer"
Originally posted by krizay:

If you say so
Why are you all crying in the Aiyuk thread?
Originally posted by genus49:

You're right, it should only be in the Kyle thread lol
Originally posted by Montana:
You're right, it should only be in the Kyle thread lol

They got some grit in their gashes...

Crying I want to trade him to the Bucs for Tristan Wirfs lol 😆 😂

The paradox here. Teams claim they're willing to pay him, but won't give up a first, if we would even take that anyway.

The fact that they won't do both honestly is an argument in the Niners favor.

If he was worth that much more, they'd offer a lot more to get him in and pay him.

Personally, I'd offer something in the middle, like 28.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jul 22, 2024 at 9:00 PM ]
Originally posted by krizay:

This is a veteran team with plenty of strong leadership in the locker room. I don't think one disgruntled baby is going to rattle them.

I do hope that if Aiyuk decides to hold out, that the 49ers do NOT waive the fines. They set a bad precedent when they waived them for Bosa.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
The paradox here. Teams claim they're willing to pay him, but won't give up a first, if we would even take that anyway.

The fact that they won't do both honestly is an argument in the Niners favor.

If he was worth that much more, they'd offer a lot more to get him in and pay him.

Personally, I'd offer something in the middle, like 28.

Supposedly he wanted $28m a yr back around the draft, I'm torn on this situation, on one hand, if he wants $30m a yr, we're offering $26m, just give in on both sides, give him more GTD money, fully GTD, & cash flow over the first 3yrs, while BA takes less APY, now if BA would take less back in April, but now that the market exploded, & he's upped his price, he's acting selfish IMO then, this is getting ridiculous but I'm not gonna worry until week 1 comes if he's not on the field, I wouldn't deal him, if 5 teams are willing to pay him, but not give us proper compensation then keep BA, tag him twice, make his life a living hell then, he won't sit out the entire year, even if he sits out double digit games, his stock goes down, he looks very selfish, if he does sit out 2024 his deal tolls to 2025.
Next year he'll be tagged and then thrown to the side while we negotiate with Purdy to the last minute 😂
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Supposedly he wanted $28m a yr back around the draft, I'm torn on this situation, on one hand, if he wants $30m a yr, we're offering $26m, just give in on both sides, give him more GTD money, fully GTD, & cash flow over the first 3yrs, while BA takes less APY, now if BA would take less back in April, but now that the market exploded, & he's upped his price, he's acting selfish IMO then, this is getting ridiculous but I'm not gonna worry until week 1 comes if he's not on the field, I wouldn't deal him, if 5 teams are willing to pay him, but not give us proper compensation then keep BA, tag him twice, make his life a living hell then, he won't sit out the entire year, even if he sits out double digit games, his stock goes down, he looks very selfish, if he does sit out 2024 his deal tolls to 2025.

Great post
Share 49ersWebzone