There are 291 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
lol
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He has 1 more year on contract, avoid fines and keep his value up. He had no choice but to show up. Great job by Lynch and Co to not budge, called his bluff, they have had all the leverage the entire time. Now stop being a baby and get to work BA!
Smart move BA. Show up hungry ready to work and you will get paid!
hE's SuCh A d1Va!1!!!1111!!!! hE's WaY mOrE tOxIc tHaN TO!11!!11!!!!1

Brandon Aiyuk is reporting to 49ers training camp

good move, although he still may hold in and not participate. Still better than not showing up.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
This is a veteran team with plenty of strong leadership in the locker room. I don't think one disgruntled baby is going to rattle them.

I do hope that if Aiyuk decides to hold out, that the 49ers do NOT waive the fines. They set a bad precedent when they waived them for Bosa.

Pays to be an adult and mature man instead of a drama queen baby. I also hope they do NOT waive the fines; this is the reason it's in place to begin with. NFL is filled with entitlement, in particular, diva ass WRs

I didn't mind them waiving it because imo Bosa played his hand properly and professionally. Which im sure Lynch and co would agree with 100%. We have ZERO idea what the negotiations were like and never will.

Aiyuk has been a babbling baby on social media and podcasts etc. I would only waive if he signs the extension. If he doesn't show up to camp and then does at the end only to play on the 5th year option I would honor the fines. He really has no leverage.

Well Bosa held out too, and was clearly not ready for the start of the season. And that was after saying he diod not need to be the highest paid non-QB, but then held out until he was. So not near to the level of Aiyuk's behavior, but still not what I'd call professional. The other issue would be, since they waived them for Bosa, if they don't for Aiyuk there is a great chance he'll go Kaepernick 2.0 and start screaming racism.

It's all the same stuff, a holdout is a hold out.

There's an article on the front page that says the patriots offered us a first round pick during the draft, pick number 24. If they didn't want him he would be a patriot. He will get his bag just like Bosa did.

The article says it was a second round, pick 34. It's funny the 5 teams willing to give Aiyuk what he wanted money-wise, weren't willing to give up much to get him. The 49ers turning that down does not mean for sure Aiyuk will get a long term deal. I am completely fine with letting him play on his 5th year option this year, franchise tagging him next, and looking for a trade partner then. Bottom line is the 49ers have no need to trade Aiyuk right now, despite all of the specuilation. IF they are going to trade him now, it should be a trade that helps us NOW and in the future. Player for player trades don't happen a lot in the NFL, so it's not likely. But all this talk of Davante Adams - "might" make us better for a minute (but it's debatable), but certainly not long term. Talks about picks next year, don't help us this year. If the Patriots want to offer up their #1 next year and Christian Gonzalez, then we might talk.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Yah if he doesn't report, there's a good chance he either gets injured during the season or doesn't have a good year due to conditioning.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Yah if he doesn't report, there's a good chance he either gets injured during the season or doesn't have a good year due to conditioning.

Agree, and so I hope Pearsall and Cowing both have productive rookie years.
The article says it was a second round, pick 34. It's funny the 5 teams willing to give Aiyuk what he wanted money-wise, weren't willing to give up much to get him. The 49ers turning that down does not mean for sure Aiyuk will get a long term deal. I am completely fine with letting him play on his 5th year option this year, franchise tagging him next, and looking for a trade partner then. Bottom line is the 49ers have no need to trade Aiyuk right now, despite all of the specuilation. IF they are going to trade him now, it should be a trade that helps us NOW and in the future. Player for player trades don't happen a lot in the NFL, so it's not likely. But all this talk of Davante Adams - "might" make us better for a minute (but it's debatable), but certainly not long term. Talks about picks next year, don't help us this year. If the Patriots want to offer up their #1 next year and Christian Gonzalez, then we might talk.

I'd take Troy Fautanu (Steelers first round pick) and a 4th.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
This is a veteran team with plenty of strong leadership in the locker room. I don't think one disgruntled baby is going to rattle them.

I do hope that if Aiyuk decides to hold out, that the 49ers do NOT waive the fines. They set a bad precedent when they waived them for Bosa.

Pays to be an adult and mature man instead of a drama queen baby. I also hope they do NOT waive the fines; this is the reason it's in place to begin with. NFL is filled with entitlement, in particular, diva ass WRs

I didn't mind them waiving it because imo Bosa played his hand properly and professionally. Which im sure Lynch and co would agree with 100%. We have ZERO idea what the negotiations were like and never will.

Aiyuk has been a babbling baby on social media and podcasts etc. I would only waive if he signs the extension. If he doesn't show up to camp and then does at the end only to play on the 5th year option I would honor the fines. He really has no leverage.

Well Bosa held out too, and was clearly not ready for the start of the season. And that was after saying he diod not need to be the highest paid non-QB, but then held out until he was. So not near to the level of Aiyuk's behavior, but still not what I'd call professional. The other issue would be, since they waived them for Bosa, if they don't for Aiyuk there is a great chance he'll go Kaepernick 2.0 and start screaming racism.

It's all the same stuff, a holdout is a hold out.

There's an article on the front page that says the patriots offered us a first round pick during the draft, pick number 24. If they didn't want him he would be a patriot. He will get his bag just like Bosa did.

Agreed. and nobody helps us now more than Aiyik himself right now. I am surprised, but happy he is showing up to camp.

Aiyuk is betting on making more after this season which is fine.

Agreed. and nobody helps us now more than Aiyik himself right now. I am surprised, but happy he is showing up to camp.

I'm not surprised he showed up. I don't believe teams can pay back the fines if he missed anymore. He guarantees himself a minimum of $14M this year just by showing up. That's the most he's ever made in a season
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:

I'd take Troy Fautanu (Steelers first round pick) and a 4th.

Not enough for me. You're talking one unproven player and a mid round pick. I think it takes 2 quality assets. Fautanu and their 2nd, might do it. I'd want Darnell Washington too, though.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
hE's SuCh A d1Va!1!!!1111!!!! hE's WaY mOrE tOxIc tHaN TO!11!!11!!!!1

Brandon Aiyuk is reporting to 49ers training camp

literally my thoughts haha
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Smart move BA. Show up hungry ready to work and you will get paid!

Yeah it is awesome he's not taking it out on his teammates

but this sorta tells me that he isn't confident a deal will get done that would give the team the ability to wipe out his fines.

At this point, I'm starting to believe this is his last year here. Hope he balls out and we finish it with a ring
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

I'm not surprised he showed up. I don't believe teams can pay back the fines if he missed anymore. He guarantees himself a minimum of $14M this year just by showing up. That's the most he's ever made in a season

Yeah you are right, he will do a hold in. I am surprised the players agreed to this structure tbh, the teams holds all the leverage.
Share 49ersWebzone