There are 280 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Agreed. and nobody helps us now more than Aiyik himself right now. I am surprised, but happy he is showing up to camp.

Aiyuk is betting on making more after this season which is fine.

I'm not surprised he showed up. I don't believe teams can pay back the fines if he missed anymore. He guarantees himself a minimum of $14M this year just by showing up. That's the most he's ever made in a season

They could waive any fines up until the start of the season. If he misses actual games, then there is nothing they can do about those game checks.
Originally posted by boast:
hE's SuCh A d1Va!1!!!1111!!!! hE's WaY mOrE tOxIc tHaN TO!11!!11!!!!1

Brandon Aiyuk is reporting to 49ers training camp

I'm not surprised he showed up. I don't believe teams can pay back the fines if he missed anymore. He guarantees himself a minimum of $14M this year just by showing up. That's the most he's ever made in a season

Teams can pay back fines for players on a 5th yr option. SF did it for Bosa last yr.
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
The article says it was a second round, pick 34. It's funny the 5 teams willing to give Aiyuk what he wanted money-wise, weren't willing to give up much to get him. The 49ers turning that down does not mean for sure Aiyuk will get a long term deal. I am completely fine with letting him play on his 5th year option this year, franchise tagging him next, and looking for a trade partner then. Bottom line is the 49ers have no need to trade Aiyuk right now, despite all of the specuilation. IF they are going to trade him now, it should be a trade that helps us NOW and in the future. Player for player trades don't happen a lot in the NFL, so it's not likely. But all this talk of Davante Adams - "might" make us better for a minute (but it's debatable), but certainly not long term. Talks about picks next year, don't help us this year. If the Patriots want to offer up their #1 next year and Christian Gonzalez, then we might talk.

I'd take Troy Fautanu (Steelers first round pick) and a 4th.

Not enough for me. You're talking one unproven player and a mid round pick. I think it takes 2 quality assets. Fautanu and their 2nd, might do it. I'd want Darnell Washington too, though.

I like your idea even better 🍻
They could waive any fines up until the start of the season. If he misses actual games, then there is nothing they can do about those game checks.

They can also play hard ball.

They can also play hard ball.

I've already said they should. His question was if they "could" I would never waive fines for missing camp or holding out. It's the player's "right" to do that...fine...does not mean there shouldn't be consequences for those actions.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Bosa didn't show up to camp.

This may be a good sign, but we will see.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Bosa didn't show up to camp.

This may be a good sign, but we will see.

Bosa's family is loaded and he himself being the 2nd overall pick made alot of money up to that point, that he didn't care about being fined. That was peanuts to him.
The article says it was a second round, pick 34. It's funny the 5 teams willing to give Aiyuk what he wanted money-wise, weren't willing to give up much to get him. The 49ers turning that down does not mean for sure Aiyuk will get a long term deal. I am completely fine with letting him play on his 5th year option this year, franchise tagging him next, and looking for a trade partner then. Bottom line is the 49ers have no need to trade Aiyuk right now, despite all of the specuilation. IF they are going to trade him now, it should be a trade that helps us NOW and in the future. Player for player trades don't happen a lot in the NFL, so it's not likely. But all this talk of Davante Adams - "might" make us better for a minute (but it's debatable), but certainly not long term. Talks about picks next year, don't help us this year. If the Patriots want to offer up their #1 next year and Christian Gonzalez, then we might talk.

I'd take Troy Fautanu (Steelers first round pick) and a 4th.

Not enough for me. You're talking one unproven player and a mid round pick. I think it takes 2 quality assets. Fautanu and their 2nd, might do it. I'd want Darnell Washington too, though.

I like your idea even better 🍻

Darnell Washington has zero value at this point. Liked Fautanu but like he said he's an unknown asset who might not even be a OT at the next level (I think he can).

honestly we all know player for player trades don't happen. Player for player trades with guys who just signed their rookie deal never happens. Pitt has to pay up all his GTD cash. Also look at Pitt's history at WR. They don't trade for legit WRs ever and they don't pay them top end market $. They actually do the opposite and move them lol.

I thought they changed that

but still smart to show up and make more than you've ever made and wait out a new deal to your preference one way or another

He has a good reason to report. Both Bosa and Samuel had slow starts due to missing part of camp.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
He has a good reason to report. Both Bosa and Samuel had slow starts due to missing part of camp.

Hmm I think it's more of that Aiyuk doesn't believe a contract extension is going to happen (that fits what he wants), so he doesn't want to accrue all those fines since they won't be waived if he doesn't sign an extension (maybe not? Just my guess).

I do think it's good that he is here though. I think he's just betting on himself having a huge year and getting an even bigger payday next off season.
I wonder if we feature BA till the trade deadline and either sign or trade him.

I thought they changed that

but still smart to show up and make more than you've ever made and wait out a new deal to your preference one way or another

What I'm not sure of is if the team can waive the fines if you don't sign an extension? Maybe they can. I'm not sure.

does anyone know for sure? I know they can waive them if you sign an extension but idk if they can if they don't.
I wonder if we feature BA till the trade deadline and either sign or trade him.

I imagine it would have to be an insane offer for us to trade him (that or we really suck). Otherwise, the team is all In on winning a chip and having BA helps with that.
Share 49ersWebzone