There are 318 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
I imagine it would have to be an insane offer for us to trade him (that or we really suck). Otherwise, the team is all In on winning a chip and having BA helps with that.

I was watching Larry Krueger go over scenarios with Aiyuk and the one that scared me the most is he shows up, balls out, we don't sign him and after he plays 8 games he begins his hold out.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
I imagine it would have to be an insane offer for us to trade him (that or we really suck). Otherwise, the team is all In on winning a chip and having BA helps with that.

I was watching Larry Krueger go over scenarios with Aiyuk and the one that scared me the most is he shows up, balls out, we don't sign him and after he plays 8 games he begins his hold out.

That is not realistic because it ignores the risk of a major injury. No sane person would gamble the massive life altering guaranteed money to do this

Holdouts at the start of the season happen because it is the safe move (no injuries) and adds immediate pressure to team
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:

That is not realistic because it ignores the risk of a major injury. No sane person would gamble the massive life altering guaranteed money to do this

Holdouts at the start of the season happen because it is the safe move (no injuries) and adds immediate pressure to team

Yeah I think this scenario is extremely unlikely - can he even negotiate an extension halfway through the season?

He would be sacrificing a ton of money and I bet the team could fine the hell out of him (unless he claimed to be injured I suppose).
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:

Yeah I think this scenario is extremely unlikely - can he even negotiate an extension halfway through the season?

He would be sacrificing a ton of money and I bet the team could fine the hell out of him (unless he claimed to be injured I suppose).

The biggest issue is listening to L Krueger's speculations
Get to work, BA lol
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
hE's SuCh A d1Va!1!!!1111!!!! hE's WaY mOrE tOxIc tHaN TO!11!!11!!!!1

Brandon Aiyuk is reporting to 49ers training camp

This is a business move, it's not like he has the team's best interest at heart.

There is always the possibility of showing up and coming down with one of those season long phantom injury. He gets paid. He gets an accrued season. We get screwed.

Some say he has no leverage. He has more than some think.
[ Edited by krizay on Jul 23, 2024 at 2:42 PM ]
Well good on Aiyuk. He could have held out but, for now at least, has decided to give it a go. It's a difficult situation to be in for the 49ers but also a good one, which one of stars do you keep? I prefer Aiyuk over Deebo because Brandon is the traditional #1 and obviously has great chemistry with Purdy. I hope what happens here is Deebo and Aiyuk push each other, if only for selfish reasons.
Originally posted by tommyncal:
The biggest issue is listening to L Krueger's speculations

😂. It's been a while since I've had my football fix no need to attack a guy for wondering what might happen.

Krueger is the dumbest 49ers content creator.

there isn't a single player that started a holdout two months into the season. Larry is an idiot. I actually respect Cohn over that ass hat.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 23, 2024 at 4:02 PM ]

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by RDB4216:
They could waive any fines up until the start of the season. If he misses actual games, then there is nothing they can do about those game checks.

I thought they changed that

but still smart to show up and make more than you've ever made and wait out a new deal to your preference one way or another

The only change I am aware of, is who they can't waive fines for anymore. It used to be any player. Now a team can only waive for a holdout if the player is on their rookie contract (including the 5th year option).
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by RDB4216:
They could waive any fines up until the start of the season. If he misses actual games, then there is nothing they can do about those game checks.

I thought they changed that

but still smart to show up and make more than you've ever made and wait out a new deal to your preference one way or another

What I'm not sure of is if the team can waive the fines if you don't sign an extension? Maybe they can. I'm not sure.

does anyone know for sure? I know they can waive them if you sign an extension but idk if they can if they don't.

From what I have read and seen, it doesn't look the waiving of fees is tied to signing an extension or not. Since Aiyuk is currently under contract already, he is subject to the fines, and because it's a 5th year option the team could waive them. The only examples I am seeing otherwise, are veteran players not being able to have fines waived - and players that have been either franchise tagged or restricted FA not being subject to fines, because they don't technically have a contract until they sign the tender.
BA is back baby!!!

But did he ever really leave???
Meanwhile Lamb is holding out
Originally posted by krizay:
There is always the possibility of showing up and coming down with one of those season long phantom injury. He gets paid. He gets an accrued season. We get screwed.

Some say he has no leverage. He has more than some think.

Then possibly gets franchised for the next two years, and eventually hits FA some years frrom now with real question marks....

Could happen, but it would jack up his desired payday.

It would absolutely be a loss for the 49ers, lots of cap tied up for nothing, bit very hard to see how that would be a win for BA. I don't see how he gets top 10 money coming off mysterious multi season ending injuries..
Share 49ersWebzone