There are 308 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by boast:
hE's SuCh A d1Va!1!!!1111!!!! hE's WaY mOrE tOxIc tHaN TO!11!!11!!!!1

Brandon Aiyuk is reporting to 49ers training camp

This is a business move, it's not like he has the team's best interest at heart.

Yup, dude is still trying to get that Justin Jefferson contract.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by boast:
hE's SuCh A d1Va!1!!!1111!!!! hE's WaY mOrE tOxIc tHaN TO!11!!11!!!!1

Brandon Aiyuk is reporting to 49ers training camp

This is a business move, it's not like he has the team's best interest at heart.

Yup, dude is still trying to get that Justin Jefferson contract.

To be this good at anything and be at his level, he's not gonna dog it out there, these guys love this game. He had to eat sleep and breathe the game to be at his level. He will play great until he's not playing anymore.

No worries here, the attitude may suck but he'll play good.
[ Edited by bassmanr on Jul 23, 2024 at 7:27 PM ]
Originally posted by bassmanr:
To be this good at anything and be at his level, he's not gonna dog it out there, these guys love this game. He had to eat sleep and breathe the game to be at his level. He will play great until he's not playing anymore.

He wont play. It is called a hold in. He shows up but wont participate in anything that could injure him.
  • Cosmo
Just waiting to see how many fans turn on Brock next offseason when he's due his bag. I bet 1/3 of of the posters in here will expect him to take a "team friendly" deal so they can keep other core players and when he doesn't……..
Originally posted by ubaisore:
Originally posted by bassmanr:

He wont play. It is called a hold in. He shows up but wont participate in anything that could injure him.

That is the other possibility... I'm talking about if he plays.
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Just waiting to see how many fans turn on Brock next offseason when he's due his bag. I bet 1/3 of of the posters in here will expect him to take a "team friendly" deal so they can keep other core players and when he doesn't……..

We are in a total WIN NOW mentality.

This season is all or nothing.

Eventually the 49ers will have to shred some players, once Brock's contract comes up.

We are built for NOW so having BA on the ride this year is essential.
people will be upset as it means we will have roster turnover

I won't turn on him, but i do feel as a QB he should take "less" than what many get. The example is Mahommes, he took a very long contract and is underpaid now. But he got his money and a lot of security, while not being at significant risk to a career altering injury.
Come year 5/6/7 if he is way underpaid the team can remedy that.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

I won't turn on him, but i do feel as a QB he should take "less" than what many get. The example is Mahommes, he took a very long contract and is underpaid now. But he got his money and a lot of security, while not being at significant risk to a career altering injury.

Pat took that contract because he got security for a lot of years and a lot guaranteed money. It's not like the team had to fight with him about it, that's a great contract for Pat and ANY player in the league would take a 10 year contract with good guaranteed money. Problem is teams don't want to offer those type of deals, it's a huge risk. If Niners would offer a 10 year deal Purdy and his camp would sign instantly.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Pat took that contract because he got security for a lot of years and a lot guaranteed money. It's not like the team had to fight with him about it, that's a great contract for Pat and ANY player in the league would take a 10 year contract with good guaranteed money. Problem is teams don't want to offer those type of deals, it's a huge risk. If Niners would offer a 10 year deal Purdy and his camp would sign instantly.

That is why i mentioned it is low risk for career altering injury. A QB naturally has that, outside of a few, and it allows a team to do an almost baseball like contract. Buyout/buy in years every few seasons, and by year 5 or 6 the market may push way ahead on the rate of pay.

OL is another you can maybe get by with it.

I'm just here so I don't get fined.

We can make him play his 4th year then pull a Kirk Cousins

Nah I don't think so because he isn't gonna act like a douchebag and approach it the way Deebo and Aiyuk did. Thats the reason fans turned on them, not because they want a new contract.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

Yeah mahomes got what $208M FGTD? That's top 3 in the NFL. The more they keep restructuring the more $ becomes gtd as well.
Originally posted by BigBug415:
I'm just here so I don't get fined.

Basically, no way he's actually practicing while asking for a trade/new deal.
Share 49ersWebzone