There are 273 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by BigBug415:
I'm just here so I don't get fined.

Basically, no way he's actually practicing while asking for a trade/new deal.

To me its a such a big risk because if he gets hurt or doesn't play well that hurts his value for next season. I also don't believe the FO is lowballing him. Sure he can go to a team and make a few million more, but there's no way he will have the same talent around him either (which is exactly why they CAN pay a few million more lol). Players cant be that dense can they?
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

To me its a such a big risk because if he gets hurt or doesn't play well that hurts his value for next season. I also don't believe the FO is lowballing him. Sure he can go to a team and make a few million more, but there's no way he will have the same talent around him either (which is exactly why they CAN pay a few million more lol). Players cant be that dense can they?

He has no leverage. He can get hurt in practice but he is more likely to get hurt during the season. There's no way he sits out the year and lowers his free agent value in 2025. He would forfeit his salary which is $14 mil this season. That would wipe out the gains he would make assuming he eventually signs a 4 year deal for about $30 million per year. It makes no financial sense.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

He has no leverage. He can get hurt in practice but he is more likely to get hurt during the season. There's no way he sits out the year and lowers his free agent value in 2025. He would forfeit his salary which is $14 mil this season. That would wipe out the gains he would make assuming he eventually signs a 4 year deal for about $30 million per year. It makes no financial sense.

If he sits out this year he forfeits a contract year and he will still be under 49ers rights the following year. He hasn't accrued enough years to be considered a FA. He has no leverage at all right now.
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Just waiting to see how many fans turn on Brock next offseason when he's due his bag. I bet 1/3 of of the posters in here will expect him to take a "team friendly" deal so they can keep other core players and when he doesn't……..

There's not an iota of doubt in my mind that Brock will handle the situation like a grown-ass man. It'll be very Fred Warner-esque.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jul 24, 2024 at 9:42 AM ]
  • Happs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

If he sits out this year he forfeits a contract year and he will still be under 49ers rights the following year. He hasn't accrued enough years to be considered a FA. He has no leverage at all right now.

Q. What constitutes an "accrued season"?
A. Six or more regular season games on a club's active/inactive, reserve/injured or reserve/physically unable to perform lists.
From: https://operations.nfl.com/updates/football-ops/2024-nfl-free-agency-questions-answers/

Accrued Season – A player earns an Accrued Season if he is on full pay status on the team's 53-man roster, Injured Reserve (IR), or Physically Unable to Perform (PUP)(except if the injury is non-football related) for 6 or more games in any one season.
From:https://russellstreetreport.com/salarycap/nfl-glossary/

The above is just for informational purposes. Not saying he'll try to somehow sit/hold out for 11 games.
BA is watching practice from sideline and us not in uniform.
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Just waiting to see how many fans turn on Brock next offseason when he's due his bag. I bet 1/3 of of the posters in here will expect him to take a "team friendly" deal so they can keep other core players and when he doesn't……..

Is Brock going to spend all offseason making cryptic social media posts and demanding to be traded to inferior teams?
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Then possibly gets franchised for the next two years, and eventually hits FA some years frrom now with real question marks....

Could happen, but it would jack up his desired payday.

It would absolutely be a loss for the 49ers, lots of cap tied up for nothing, bit very hard to see how that would be a win for BA. I don't see how he gets top 10 money coming off mysterious multi season ending injuries..

I don't think it would hurt his next contract as much as you think. EVERYONE would completely understand why he's not really playing. In fact, if he did this I think he would wind up getting traded by the deadline. It would be in the 9ers best interest to do so. It would bring too many distractions. So to me, he has more leverage than people think.
Curious how cowing looks while takes advantage of these reps. Hopefully Pearsall is healthy next week to get these reps too and expedite their learning curve

raiders seem desperate for a wr right now.
Originally posted by tankle104:

Maybe a trade?

Maybe a new offer?

Maybe Lynch wanted to remove a distraction on the field?

Maybe its lunch time?
Originally posted by krizay:
Then possibly gets franchised for the next two years, and eventually hits FA some years frrom now with real question marks....

It would absolutely be a loss for the 49ers, lots of cap tied up for nothing, bit very hard to see how that would be a win for BA. I don't see how he gets top 10 money coming off mysterious multi season ending injuries..

I don't think it would hurt his next contract as much as you think. EVERYONE would completely understand why he's not really playing. In fact, if he did this I think he would wind up getting traded by the deadline. It would be in the 9ers best interest to do so. It would bring too many distractions. So to me, he has more leverage than people think.

31 other teams would understand why he's not playing AND this team would be distracted by his hold in? This team doesn't get distracted and certainly wouldn't be distracted by this. Now if he continues to hold out, it depends on the compensation. It's pretty clear they want a first. I don't see this team moving him for less than that.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by krizay:

31 other teams would understand why he's not playing AND this team would be distracted by his hold in? This team doesn't get distracted and certainly wouldn't be distracted by this. Now if he continues to hold out, it depends on the compensation. It's pretty clear they want a first. I don't see this team moving him for less than that.

If he's worth a first than pay him what he wants cause he's worth it and we need him.
Share 49ersWebzone