There are 243 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Oscar8325:
He needs to get on the field already! He's under contract, stop any negotiations and he can leave next year if that's what he wants, or he gets tagged for the next 2 years, lol. When do the daily fines start? Or do they since he showed up but not practicing?

Got to know the situation if we are commenting on it.

How fines work in this case: No fines since he actually showed up, he is only obligated to show up not practice.

He can't just leave next year "if he wants" unless that is a part of an agreement/contract with the team. You don't get to say he can leave next year and then franchise him.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
He needs to get on the field already! He's under contract, stop any negotiations and he can leave next year if that's what he wants, or he gets tagged for the next 2 years, lol. When do the daily fines start? Or do they since he showed up but not practicing?

Got to know the situation if we are commenting on it.

How fines work in this case: No fines since he actually showed up, he is only obligated to show up not practice.

He can't just leave next year "if he wants" unless that is a part of an agreement/contract with the team. You don't get to say he can leave next year and then franchise him.

I guess I should of been more clear, if there is no contract extension, he can leave "if we wants" unless he wants to resign under the terms given to him or 9ers can decide to tag him. As far as the fines, that is why I asked "Or do they since he showed up but not practicing? Regarless, he's under contract for fifth year, with or without a new deal he has to play this year if he wants to maximize a new contract with 9ers or a new team.
CAN'T we send this guy to Buffalo? He will be pretty awesome there !!

we can ask for a 3rd in 2025 and a 1st in 2026 !!
Originally posted by 9moon:

I'd do it, he's an important piece to this team but I don't see him signing. Plus I have faith that Pearsall is going to be pretty damn good, as good if not better than BA

I'd do it, he's an important piece to this team but I don't see him signing. Plus I have faith that Pearsall is going to be pretty damn good, as good if not better than BA

LOL

Based off what? This team is trying to win now. Trade him after this yr, dude isn't gonna sit out almost a season of football…not playing football doesn't increase your value.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Based off what? This team is trying to win now. Trade him after this yr, dude isn't gonna sit out almost a season of football…not playing football doesn't increase your value.

If he says he's hurt and can't play he goes to IR and accrues a season that way making him a free agent next year. We can tag him but it wouldn't make much sense.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Based on my own opinion. What I've seen from college film. Great route runner, good hands, size. Seems to be fearless, willing to take a hit to go after ball. I just think he has "it". We'll soon find out. I'll keep a close eye on him this weekend as I'll be attending training camp.
[ Edited by Oscar8325 on Jul 30, 2024 at 12:17 PM ]
  • Cosmo

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
he sign yet?
Yeah, a few years ago

could you kindly remind him of that?

• All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

He's the 4th best skill position player on the team.
Arguably the 5th if we consider Juice to be far and away the best player at his position.
He also had less touches than Elijah Mitchell.

Let someone else pay him $30M a year.
Originally posted by All22:

Arguably the 5th if we consider Juice to be far and away the best player at his position.

If he's that low of a priority, you would have no problem with us trading him to the Chiefs for a 2nd and a 4th?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by All22:

As NY85 says - it's not a per year thing, it's how much guaranteed money he gets. Internet says Justin Jefferson got guaranteed 110 million. What will Aiyuk get? I don't know, but guaranteed 110 million for a WR may be a bit hard for Jed to stomach. Not saying he wouldn't though, specially if Kyle really wants Aiyuk. PS. defer to AB81 if I got any numbers wrong.

just give him this and let's move on
Share 49ersWebzone