There are 255 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Isn't that what this forum is for? Whining, proposing trades and 2nd guessing coaching decisions. Without those things this forum would be empty.

anyone can say what they want (following the rules) doesn't mean those comments won't get bashed for coming off a whiny or just being an emotional bias fan.

it amazes me how those guys get offended not expecting people to call them out in a 49er fan forum lol.

It's not all amazing and it's not all s**t being a 49er fan. I'd saying things have been pretty damn good outside of winning the big one…not sure why it has to be all great or all bad for some posters.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
so you're an old whiny boomer…makes sense

If he wants $30M or anything into the $30s, he's not gonna get it here (or probably anywhere else) Chase & lamb are better than him and what they get paid shouldn't change what he's worth.

FWIW Chase isn't gonna sign this off season, based on how cheap Cinci is and what their owner said. That's a next yr problem.

What DJ Moore just signed for is right on par for what he's worth. Give him a little higher than that. The whole what if stats means nothing. What's he's done on the field is what matters.

He had one great yr and now thinks he should be paid as much as the tier1 guys. This isn't the QB position, that's not how it works. you can say you won't go any lower than whatever. Doesn't matter if no one is gonna pay that. Him sitting out into the season doesn't help his extension or his worth in a future trade. IMO it actually hurts him.

I agree with you but I dont think thats what is actually happening. Minny messed everything up with way over paying for some odd reason - literally just negotiated against theirselves for some reason. but I dont think aiyuk agrees with us. lol id bet anything he thinks he is on par with guys like lamb/chase etc cause he got all pro this year. so he wants what theyre going to get.

if Aiyuk was fine taking $28M or so - it most likely would of already happened, IMO. I think he's seeking $30M+ or nothing. If he waits until after this season, and plays well again, he will get it next year.

his issue is that the niners are basing him off of this years fifth year option ($14M) and tagging him next year (2025 WR Franchise tag is estimated to be $24.7M).

so I'm no longer optimistic it'll get done. I think he plays on the fifth year, reluctantly, and then we tag and trade him in the off season cause idk if we can afford $25M cap hit next year. maybe but thats high. you cant move a franchise tag or fifth year options money around to make it easier on the salary cap - its all due in one year.
This f**king guy has been on point quit a bit…let's see how it plays

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 31, 2024 at 9:04 AM ]

Originally posted by tankle104:
I agree with you but I dont think thats what is actually happening. Minny messed everything up with way over paying for some odd reason - literally just negotiated against theirselves for some reason. but I dont think aiyuk agrees with us. lol id bet anything he thinks he is on par with guys like lamb/chase etc cause he got all pro this year. so he wants what theyre going to get.

if Aiyuk was fine taking $28M or so - it most likely would of already happened, IMO. I think he's seeking $30M+ or nothing. If he waits until after this season, and plays well again, he will get it next year.

his issue is that the niners are basing him off of this years fifth year option ($14M) and tagging him next year (2025 WR Franchise tag is estimated to be $24.7M).

so I'm no longer optimistic it'll get done. I think he plays on the fifth year, reluctantly, and then we tag and trade him in the off season cause idk if we can afford $25M cap hit next year. maybe but thats high. you cant move a franchise tag or fifth year options money around to make it easier on the salary cap - its all due in one year.

Minn paid for a guy that's vastly better at his position than the rest of the market. Same s**t with Bosa. There have been damn good EDGE rushers that have been signed since him that haven't touched his deal in Josh Allen and Brian Burns.

end of the day it doesn't matter if BA agrees with us and SF or not. The league pays you what you're worth in their eyes, not the other way around.

Yes unfortunately for BA, SF can play it out like that. They hold his rights and the players agreed to those standards during the CBA.

Also let's not act like $42M in FGTD cash for two yrs of football is bad for him. That's more than Deebo/DK/D Smith/waddle/pittman etc got in their new contracts.

so he can cry until the cows come home. Doesn't matter. SF can do what they want including moving him or keeping him at that 5th yr option and tagging him next yr.

him sitting out doesn't help him in any way imo. Teams across the league aren't lining up for a guy that doesn't want to play on a SB team. s**t go look at Bell when he sat out a whole yr, his career was basically done when he finally got his trade/new deal.
Minn paid for a guy that's vastly better at his position than the rest of the market. Same s**t with Bosa. There have been damn good EDGE rushers that have been signed since him that haven't touched his deal in Josh Allen and Brian Burns.

end of the day it doesn't matter if BA agrees with us and SF or not. The league pays you what you're worth in their eyes, not the other way around.

Yes unfortunately for BA, SF can play it out like that. They hold his rights and the players agreed to those standards during the CBA.

Also let's not act like $42M in FGTD cash for two yrs of football is bad for him. That's more than Deebo/DK/D Smith/waddle/pittman etc got in their new contracts.

so he can cry until the cows come home. Doesn't matter. SF can do what they want including moving him or keeping him at that 5th yr option and tagging him next yr.

him sitting out doesn't help him in any way imo. Teams across the league aren't lining up for a guy that doesn't want to play on a SB team. s**t go look at Bell when he sat out a whole yr, his career was basically done when he finally got his trade/new deal.

You realize they paid JJ like 60% more guaranteed cash than anyone else at the position had ever got at that point? Hes good but he isn't that good where you go way above like that, IMO. Honestly, I don't think there is anyway to look at it where that was a good deal. It's still like $6-7M higher than anyone else APY and way higher guaranteed than anyone at the position has ever got. lol good for him but it's an odd contract. My only guess is that they went that high cause they locked him down for such a long time and paid him more to make him comfy with that long of a deal.

the $42M isn't bad - I'm saying idk if the team can carry $42M over a 2 year period like that while resigning Eveyone we need to. On an extension, we could spread that $42M out over 5 years etc - you can't do that on the tag and fifth year option.

BA stands to make the most money possible but not signing an extension with us but it's a major risk for him health wise. It's a balance of security and maximizing financial gain - someone will pay him $30M+ next year if we allowed him to hit free agency.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jul 31, 2024 at 9:25 AM ]

For niners or just football in general?
Originally posted by tankle104:
You realize they paid JJ like 60% more guaranteed cash than anyone else at the position had ever got at that point? Hes good but he isn't that good where you go way above like that, IMO. Honestly, I don't think there is anyway to look at it where that was a good deal. It's still like $6-7M higher than anyone else APY and way higher guaranteed than anyone at the position has ever got. lol good for him but it's an odd contract. My only guess is that they went that high cause they locked him down for such a long time and paid him more to make him comfy with that long of a deal.

the $42M isn't bad - I'm saying idk if the team can carry $42M over a 2 year period like that while resigning Eveyone we need to. On an extension, we could spread that $42M out over 5 years etc - you can't do that on the tag and fifth year option.

BA stands to make the most money possible but not signing an extension with us but it's a major risk for him health wise. It's a balance of security and maximizing financial gain - someone will pay him $30M+ next year if we allowed him to hit free agency.

That was similar to Bosa. They made JJ the highest paid non-quarterback, which before that was Bosa. They didn't look at WR contracts, they looked at overall player contracts that weren't QBs. He was OPOY and had a better start to his career than any WR in NFL history. His contract doesn't mean much for BA. He's simply not at that caliber and no made up "what ifs" changes what was put out on the field….if that was applied into contracts EVERY player would try to use that narrative.

Yes every player stands to make the most $$ when they're a FA, not doing an extension. Thing is he's not a FA and won't ever be one unless SF allows it to happen (which isn't likely at all)….So saying someone will pay him what he wants doesn't matter…that's not his situation and he needs to come to grips with that.

there's gotta be common ground from both sides. Both sides need to give a little when it comes to a contract extension.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

For niners or just football in general?

Football in general

IMO if a trade happens it's gotta be on the lines of the AJ Browns trade, a 1st and a 3rd. We'd all want a player, so maybe someone that has the worth of a 3rd rd pick instead?

man I don't know seems unlikely at this stage of the off season and with SF trying to go all-in this yr.
Originally posted by Heroism:

Wouldn't be shocked if it's Higgins either
Aiyuk isn't getting traded and he also isn't dumb enough to play on the 5th year option and/or holdout into the regular season. He knows the best move for him is to suck it up and take the offer the 49ers are giving. The 49ers will make some small concession to make the deal more palatable for the Aiyuk camp and that'll be the end of it. Just needs to happen sooner than later.
[ Edited by Leathaface on Jul 31, 2024 at 10:12 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Aiyuk isn't getting traded and he also isn't dumb enough to play on the 5th year option and/or holdout into the regular season. He knows the best move for him is to suck it up and take the offer the 49ers are giving. The 49ers will make some small concession to make the deal more palatable for the Aiyuk camp and that'll be the end of it. Just needs to happen sooner than later.

Agree 💯 %. One reason I think so is he's in camp. If he didn't intend to sign, he wouldn't be at camp. Just a matter of the market settling in as the other top WRs getting signed will calm the market. This **will** take time though.

Not too worried about the Synchronicity between Aiyuk and Purdy, as 20+ games is enough to get most of that back by playoff time. I wish it was different but Purdy's blockbuster contract next year is complicating things a bit this year.
  • All22
  • Veteran
No WR is worth that percentage of the cap.

None of these teams blowing out the cap for WRs are even close to being contenders.

That money is better spent elsewhere.
Share 49ersWebzone