There are 221 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Was he missing from practice today?

cause hopefully he was up in the office putting pen to paper!!
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by goatroppolo:
anyone know if this is a credible source?

It's bs. Mike Silver and Adam Schefter have both said in recent days that there's been no progress made between the Niners and BA's camp.

It might take a while, It might take another big WR deal or two on another team before Aiyuk's deal is done.

I call BS on Mike Silver and Adam Schefter knowing literally everything. I highly doubt there has been NO progress. Brandon Aiyuk went from having his feelings hurt and crying about it to the world, to jovially dapping up the leadership of the team. I bet we have news this upcoming week one way or another. I'm hoping it's early in the week, but we shall see. It's funny how when there's smoke there's fire when it's negative rumors coming out but, when a positive rumor comes out it's always bs. This isn't an attack on you guys. Just my frustration with 49ers fans obsessing on every negative that exists when we have a team that's coming off of 4 NFC Championship appearances in 5 years.

This dude is full of s**t
Was he missing from practice today?

He wasn't there.

Too many guys keep getting clicks on twitter for it. like "sources telling me that it's near a done deal! As early as tomorrow!" and just hoping it sticks. Or they put a vague tweet like "BIG MOVE COMING WOW" and everyones like OMHGGGGGERG WHAAAT IS IT!
We just had Kyle in the presser today say there was nothing new on BA or Trent. So I am guessing whoever reported that the BA deal was done is full of sh*t.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
We just had Kyle in the presser today say there was nothing new on BA or Trent. So I am guessing whoever reported that the BA deal was done is full of sh*t.
Ratatouille
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by fropwns:
I am not a fan of the pay, either. But they don't just play for you, me, or the team, they play for themselves and their families. Thus, they play to win the game, but they also play to get paid.

The owners can make adjustments to the CBA in regards to players already under contract and the penalties they will accrue for not showing up to required training sessions. With Aiyuk being under contract and not traded yet he should be at work earning his contract while still negotiating an extension or trade is my opinion

I mentioned before that I think there should be some type of injury guarantee if a player gets injured why being in training camp or preseason. The player is covered making it possible to participate in camp without having fear they don't get paid if some unfortunate incident ends their career. The team and agent could negotiate that amount. I.E. based on a 28 mil contract (26 to 30 mil range) what they are negotiating, they get 2 years of salary. If some horrendous event happens the player would get 2 year 56 million settlement. The team would not lose the salary cap space in this case only.

Fixed
The already have that in their contract

Not in their new salary range which is why they hold out. if BA was injured he would get a settlement based on his rookie contract. The settlement could be negotiated based on the two sides. Niners are at 26 mil Ayuik is at 30 mil = 28 mil. This would be a way to protect the player and the team as they work the contract out. If they can't reach a contract agreement then the player plays out his contract and is FA/ tagged after the season. They can choose to hold out the season but that does not help them at all. If the Agent says we want 80 mil to increase the guarantee amount then the team backs out.
I'm just posting on guarantees. Settlements is for an injured player that's going to be released. The guarantee is already set if the player stays. It's not much due to the rookie contract but it's still there.

I agree which is why the players hold out. I'm thinking if there was another amount that makes it work for the player and team hold outs would not be that prevalent. Why would they hold out if they are just losing money instead of playing until a contract is finished. I'm worried that he may not have a great start to the season not being in training camp. That hurts both the player and team.
I am not a fan of the pay, either. But they don't just play for you, me, or the team, they play for themselves and their families. Thus, they play to win the game, but they also play to get paid.

The owners can make adjustments to the CBA in regards to players already under contract and the penalties they will accrue for not showing up to required training sessions. With Aiyuk being under contract and not traded yet he should be at work earning his contract while still negotiating an extension or trade is my opinion

I mentioned before that I think there should be some type of injury guarantee if a player gets injured why being in training camp or preseason. The player is covered making it possible to participate in camp without having fear they don't get paid if some unfortunate incident ends their career. The team and agent could negotiate that amount. I.E. based on a 28 mil contract (26 to 30 mil range) what they are negotiating, they get 2 years of salary. If some horrendous event happens the player would get 2 year 56 million settlement. The team would not lose the salary cap space in this case only.

Fixed

Not in their new salary range which is why they hold out. if BA was injured he would get a settlement based on his rookie contract. The settlement could be negotiated based on the two sides. Niners are at 26 mil Ayuik is at 30 mil = 28 mil. This would be a way to protect the player and the team as they work the contract out. If they can't reach a contract agreement then the player plays out his contract and is FA/ tagged after the season. They can choose to hold out the season but that does not help them at all. If the Agent says we want 80 mil to increase the guarantee amount then the team backs out.
I'm just posting on guarantees. Settlements is for an injured player that's going to be released. The guarantee is already set if the player stays. It's not much due to the rookie contract but it's still there.

I agree which is why the players hold out. I'm thinking if there was another amount that makes it work for the player and team hold outs would not be that prevalent. Why would they hold out if they are just losing money instead of playing until a contract is finished. I'm worried that he may not have a great start to the season not being in training camp. That hurts both the player and team.
Idk.. it's a mess with whoever started this holdout trend
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Aug 2, 2024 at 5:13 PM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Zachary:

Too many guys keep getting clicks on twitter for it. like "sources telling me that it's near a done deal! As early as tomorrow!" and just hoping it sticks. Or they put a vague tweet like "BIG MOVE COMING WOW" and everyones like OMHGGGGGERG WHAAAT IS IT!

Everyone on twitter has sources. I just laugh at it.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Heroism:

It's bs. Mike Silver and Adam Schefter have both said in recent days that there's been no progress made between the Niners and BA's camp.

It might take a while, It might take another big WR deal or two on another team before Aiyuk's deal is done.

I call BS on Mike Silver and Adam Schefter knowing literally everything. I highly doubt there has been NO progress. Brandon Aiyuk went from having his feelings hurt and crying about it to the world, to jovially dapping up the leadership of the team. I bet we have news this upcoming week one way or another. I'm hoping it's early in the week, but we shall see. It's funny how when there's smoke there's fire when it's negative rumors coming out but, when a positive rumor comes out it's always bs. This isn't an attack on you guys. Just my frustration with 49ers fans obsessing on every negative that exists when we have a team that's coming off of 4 NFC Championship appearances in 5 years.

If you are *this* upset, I'd hate to see you next year when Purdy's contract is up.

Fixed

Idk.. it's a mess with whoever started this holdout trend

Yeah it's given me un due stress 😩
This is an entertainment league but as well it's an employment league and there are contracts. If I am an employer I should be beholden to pay you what is on the dotted line so long as you've earned it. The league should make showing up to work a requirement unless there's a medical reason not to show up or you can't get paid. Aiyuk has another year left under contract and he should be here earning his money or else it is forfeited

I am not against him lobbying for higher pay but work your deal out and look for the best deal next time is what makes sense to me but I understand that the way things are now agents tell their players to hold out for the bag
This is an entertainment league but as well it's an employment league and there are contracts. If I am an employer I should be beholden to pay you what is on the dotted line so long as you've earned it. The league should make showing up to work a requirement unless there's a medical reason not to show up or you can't get paid. Aiyuk has another year left under contract and he should be here earning his money or else it is forfeited

I am not against him lobbying for higher pay but work your deal out and look for the best deal next time is what makes sense to me but I understand that the way things are now agents tell their players to hold out for the bag

The ability of an NFL team to NOT pay the contract value is why this happens

All other pro sports have guaranteed contracts (MLB / NBA etc.)

So when it comes time for a new contract the player uses whatever leverage they can to get guaranteed or upfront money

I fully expect the Brock Purdy contract to be fully guaranteed as a way to set it apart from the rest...I think league contracts in general are trending that way now that Kirk Cousins and DaShaun Watson have broken the barrier
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:

The ability of an NFL team to NOT pay the contract value is why this happens

All other pro sports have guaranteed contracts (MLB / NBA etc.)

So when it comes time for a new contract the player uses whatever leverage they can to get guaranteed or upfront money

I fully expect the Brock Purdy contract to be fully guaranteed as a way to set it apart from the rest...I think league contracts in general are trending that way now that Kirk Cousins and DaShaun Watson have broken the barrier
The existing contract is guaranteed if you play it out though

Fully guaranteed contracts and football is a tough mix, as a football player can fall off quickly and not even last their entire contract
Share 49ersWebzone