There are 172 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
This is an entertainment league but as well it's an employment league and there are contracts. If I am an employer I should be beholden to pay you what is on the dotted line so long as you've earned it. The league should make showing up to work a requirement unless there's a medical reason not to show up or you can't get paid. Aiyuk has another year left under contract and he should be here earning his money or else it is forfeited

I am not against him lobbying for higher pay but work your deal out and look for the best deal next time is what makes sense to me but I understand that the way things are now agents tell their players to hold out for the bag

The ability of an NFL team to NOT pay the contract value is why this happens

All other pro sports have guaranteed contracts (MLB / NBA etc.)

So when it comes time for a new contract the player uses whatever leverage they can to get guaranteed or upfront money

I fully expect the Brock Purdy contract to be fully guaranteed as a way to set it apart from the rest...I think league contracts in general are trending that way now that Kirk Cousins and DaShaun Watson have broken the barrier
The existing contract is guaranteed if you play it out though

Fully guaranteed contracts and football is a tough mix, as a football player can fall off quickly and not even last their entire contract

Fully guaranteed football contracts are really risky. Way too many career ending injuries compared to the other sports. Pitchers are also very risky. History is full of pitchers that signed big contracts and then had arm trouble. Anything more than 3 years is a real gamble.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Aug 3, 2024 at 8:52 AM ]
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by goatroppolo:
anyone know if this is a credible source?

It's bs. Mike Silver and Adam Schefter have both said in recent days that there's been no progress made between the Niners and BA's camp.

It might take a while, It might take another big WR deal or two on another team before Aiyuk's deal is done.

I call BS on Mike Silver and Adam Schefter knowing literally everything. I highly doubt there has been NO progress. Brandon Aiyuk went from having his feelings hurt and crying about it to the world, to jovially dapping up the leadership of the team. I bet we have news this upcoming week one way or another. I'm hoping it's early in the week, but we shall see. It's funny how when there's smoke there's fire when it's negative rumors coming out but, when a positive rumor comes out it's always bs. This isn't an attack on you guys. Just my frustration with 49ers fans obsessing on every negative that exists when we have a team that's coming off of 4 NFC Championship appearances in 5 years.

If you are *this* upset, I'd hate to see you next year when Purdy's contract is up.

His contract isn't up next year. They can't even talk to him about money until next year.
anyone know who this guy is? Seems like everyone and their momma has an inside scoop on BA's situation.

It really looks like the 2 sides are dug in here. The 49ers don't need to since Aiyuk is under contract. He's only hurting himself by not practicing. If he has a bad or even average year because of this holdout, his value in the FA market is gong to suffer. At this point we don't know if it's Aiyuk or the agent that's holding out. If the numbers we have heard are real it seems like this could be ended if each side gave in a little. Maybe the 49ers are trying to send a message that everyone can't keep asking for more and expect to get it. They're already a little heavy at the top and Williams is asking for more.
Oh no now the 49ers are gonna have to pay him $200M apparently 😝

anyone know who this guy is? Seems like everyone and their momma has an inside scoop on BA's situation.

Bro looks like all the little bnroccoli hair Gen z kids you see at the gym lol. Grow some facial hair kid.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Bro looks like all the little bnroccoli hair Gen z kids you see at the gym lol. Grow some facial hair kid.

Broccoli heads......one of my favorite terms, also known as 'gym influencers'
Originally posted by Rathof44:

Broccoli heads......one of my favorite terms, also known as 'gym influencers'

s**ts ridiculous lol.

Hey dips**t writer, really doesn't matter that they are offering over $30 mill, what are they offering the 49ers as compensation?. Obviously doesn't know Aiyuk is under contract....weird. Browns first rounder should do or NE's second and third. Hopefully it's NE, have fun up there.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Aug 3, 2024 at 11:33 AM ]
What is becoming so frustrating about this is, regardless of what SF was willing to offer 6 months ago, times have changed. With all the new contracts having been signed, it really shouldn't be hard to agree on where his contract value is.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
Originally posted by goatroppolo:
anyone know if this is a credible source?

It's bs. Mike Silver and Adam Schefter have both said in recent days that there's been no progress made between the Niners and BA's camp.

It might take a while, It might take another big WR deal or two on another team before Aiyuk's deal is done.

I call BS on Mike Silver and Adam Schefter knowing literally everything. I highly doubt there has been NO progress. Brandon Aiyuk went from having his feelings hurt and crying about it to the world, to jovially dapping up the leadership of the team. I bet we have news this upcoming week one way or another. I'm hoping it's early in the week, but we shall see. It's funny how when there's smoke there's fire when it's negative rumors coming out but, when a positive rumor comes out it's always bs. This isn't an attack on you guys. Just my frustration with 49ers fans obsessing on every negative that exists when we have a team that's coming off of 4 NFC Championship appearances in 5 years.

If you are *this* upset, I'd hate to see you next year when Purdy's contract is up.

His contract isn't up next year. They can't even talk to him about money until next year.

They have to start negotiating and trying to sign him next year. The year after will be too late.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Oh no now the 49ers are gonna have to pay him $200M apparently 😝

Yup, as the star WR dominos continue to fall, Brandon's price goes up. I really don't think the Aiyuk deal will get done till the very end, along with Trent William's deal. I think it's going to be a long training camp and preseason before they sign. The good news is that Jaylon Moor and the other backup left tackles get more reps. 🥴
Yup, as the star WR dominos continue to fall, Brandon's price goes up. I really don't think the Aiyuk deal will get done till the very end, along with Trent William's deal. I think it's going to be a long training camp and preseason before they sign. The good news is that Jaylon Moor and the other backup left tackles get more reps. 🥴

Moore gets a lot of reps anyways, Trent doesn't practice much lol
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Moore gets a lot of reps anyways, Trent doesn't practice much lol

Agree, and Trent's such a physical freak, he doesn't need to practice.
Share 49ersWebzone