There are 167 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
It really looks like the 2 sides are dug in here. The 49ers don't need to since Aiyuk is under contract. He's only hurting himself by not practicing. If he has a bad or even average year because of this holdout, his value in the FA market is gong to suffer. At this point we don't know if it's Aiyuk or the agent that's holding out. If the numbers we have heard are real it seems like this could be ended if each side gave in a little. Maybe the 49ers are trying to send a message that everyone can't keep asking for more and expect to get it. They're already a little heavy at the top and Williams is asking for more.

This is exactly what the 49ers are doing. You see they ended up not caving into Buckner and we still went to 4 out of 5 NFCCG and a Super Bowl. If we feel a player is asking for the moon without the associated leverage AND we can get what we want in trade value we let that player go and keep on trucking. If it can happen to D Buck it can happen to anyone
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Hey dips**t writer, really doesn't matter that they are offering over $30 mill, what are they offering the 49ers as compensation?. Obviously doesn't know Aiyuk is under contract....weird. Browns first rounder should do or NE's second and third. Hopefully it's NE, have fun up there.

That won't help us win this year. It has to be a player for player IMO
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Hey dips**t writer, really doesn't matter that they are offering over $30 mill, what are they offering the 49ers as compensation?. Obviously doesn't know Aiyuk is under contract....weird. Browns first rounder should do or NE's second and third. Hopefully it's NE, have fun up there.

That won't help us win this year. It has to be a player for player IMO

Good point, NE is a talent wasteland, except for Gonzales. Cleveland is better, Ward or Teller.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Oh no now the 49ers are gonna have to pay him $200M apparently 😝

The timing on all these signings insane. Now we just need a Kelce $30m a year signing and piss off George. We'd be all set.
Get to work and catch some balls
Originally posted by 9erson3:

The timing on all these signings insane. Now we just need a Kelce $30m a year signing and piss off George. We'd be all set.

Easy to do with fewer mouths to feed. But the Dolphins are steadily creeping to that point of having to pay a lot of guys.
Originally posted by Montana:

I was gonna comment then I decided against it lol…
Originally posted by 9erson3:

Other teams see what they need to do to keep their star players happy.
if aiyuk does get traded, i hope its to the pats. get their first and crappy maye. lmao i still dont think he gtes traded but that would be hilarious.
Originally posted by tankle104:
if aiyuk does get traded, i hope its to the pats. get their first and crappy maye. lmao i still dont think he gtes traded but that would be hilarious.

I just see no way they trade him without getting an impact player immediately this season. Makes no sense

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by Montana:

I was gonna comment then I decided against it lol…

Originally posted by goatroppolo:
Originally posted by tankle104:

I just see no way they trade him without getting an impact player immediately this season. Makes no sense

i'd take the pats first cause it has a great chance of being a top 5 pick, but yeah taht doesnt help us this year. take their second and judon. lol
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Other teams see what they need to do to keep their star players happy.

Yeah. It's the Jerry Jones model since 1995. His hand doesn't shake when he's writing those big checks. Looks like even he's giving up on that.
[ Edited by BOI49er on Aug 4, 2024 at 11:34 AM ]
I wonder how much his comments right after the SB irritated the FO
It would be an epic failure for SF if they moved him this time of the year.
Share 49ersWebzone