There are 285 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
It would be an epic failure for SF if they moved him this time of the year.

TBH, this is what I'm expecting to happen at this point. I initially believed that BA would just play on that 5th year, but now I think they're more likely to trade him.
[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 4, 2024 at 1:09 PM ]

Agreed

Yes it would. I'm getting tired of reading articles over which one to please, and which one to lose. Both TW and BA are under contract. The FO doesn't even have to talk to them. They keep the door open as a courtesy. Here's the deal. Fulfill your contract obligations, and we pay you and fulfull ours, and you progress another year on your contract. That's contract law, codified in NFL league rules. In the case of BA, the new contract is on the table, so you have two ways to go. I don't think retirement is an option for BA, but it certainly is for TW.

Love you both, but neither one of you is bigger than the team. We are going to have to cut somewhere, so if you choose to volunteer, then we'll keep people that want to work for this team. If we let one of you ride your Big Wheels in class, then we have to let the whole class ride too, and we're not doing that.

Nobody wants to believe this, but winning franchises do let their high price veterans go and move on. Sure, while myopically the replacement for Jerry Rice or Ronnie Lott or Joe Montana? weren't as good, it allowed them to build talent elsewhere, and those Niner teams kept winning Super Bowls for several years after they were all gone, even with less than great coaching and personnel people any more. There is no indispensable man. We've got great coaching and personnel people now. That's what we need to hang onto.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Agreed

The only acceptable outcome to me would be a contributing player with picks sent back to us and I don't see that happening.
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Agreed

The only acceptable outcome to me would be a contributing player with picks sent back to us and I don't see that happening.

My thoughts well, just not sure it's feasible.
Why do stupid people keep acting like the only two possibilities are either sign a new contract or get traded, they're not. Aiyuk is still under contract for the 500 billionth time. He can still play on his 5th year option. Would it suck for him? Yeah, it's still an option.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Why do stupid people keep acting like the only two possibilities are either sign a new contract or get traded, they're not. Aiyuk is still under contract for the 500 billionth time. He can still play on his 5th year option. Would it suck for him? Yeah, it's still an option.

We would be dumb to trade him while we have his rights. He has no leverage at all. He can't sit out the year and then be a FA, he would still be under our control.
These trade options by other team's writers are pissing me off because they make no sense from thr Niners point of view. For instance a Browns beat writer is suggesting Aiyuk for Amari Cooper. If the Niners don't want to pay BA why would they decide to pay a much older and worse receiver in Cooper? They would be in the same boat with Cooper that they are with BA but this time it would involve having to extend a worse receiver who is 4 years older. It's stupid.
Grant has a live stream going where the title is "Aiyuk on the verge of being traded" lol.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Grant has a live stream going where the title is "Aiyuk on the verge of being traded" lol.

Right? I didn't brother clicking on it. Came here instead for more reliable intel lol

I don't see him being traded anytime soon tbh.
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Agreed

Yup, that's why I don't think he get moved. SF gonna sell him low, when they really don't have to? Why? Doesn't make sense
Originally posted by SolRebe1:

Right? I didn't brother clicking on it. Came here instead for more reliable intel lol

His last live he said he was gonna sign an extension per a source haha
Originally posted by SolRebe1:

His last live he said he was gonna sign an extension per a source haha

Can't be wrong if you predict every possibility is what will happen.
The way I see it is that both him and Trent can sit this year out if they so please. Trents contract is very fair and BA has absolutely no leverage.
Share 49ersWebzone