There are 279 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
The way I see it is that both him and Trent can sit this year out if they so please. Trents contract is very fair and BA has absolutely no leverage.

No Trent, no BA, no Super Bowl.

The way I see it is that both him and Trent can sit this year out if they so please. Trents contract is very fair and BA has absolutely no leverage.

Worst. Possible. Option.
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Worst. Possible. Option.

Ok, so next year after we pay Brock A LOT of money and other players holdout knowing that they will get paid then what? We just give these guys whatever they want? Can we even afford to do that?
If Aiyuk is traded right now, I'd consider it a colossal failure by the front office.

If he had to be traded, they should have traded.him for assets that can help them now, ie before the draft.

Aiyuk has to stay on the team at this point. Either on fifth year option or with a new contract.
Ok, so next year after we pay Brock A LOT of money and other players holdout knowing that they will get paid then what? We just give these guys whatever they want? Can we even afford to do that?

Pay really good players. Plain and simple. i don't know what people are b***hing about. Awesome we actually have good players to pay.

also let's stop acting like Brock's contract is gonna go from $900K to $50M in one yr as far as cap hit goes. That's not how it works.

Same s**t with BA. His cap hit won't really matter until Deebo is gone away. IMO Trent just wants is current contract to have GTD $ in it. Just do what we did for CMC. It didn't vastly change his cap hit going forward…it does gtd that he gets paid more actual money, which is all that matters for the players
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
If Aiyuk is traded right now, I'd consider it a colossal failure by the front office.

If he had to be traded, they should have traded.him for assets that can help them now, ie before the draft.

Aiyuk has to stay on the team at this point. Either on fifth year option or with a new contract.

Totally agree. Dude can sit out and lose millions this yr if that's what he wants to do…that's cash he will never recoup. SF can just tag him and trade him next y off season like KC did with Sneed.

All these player for player trade scenarios never f**king happen, especially in August.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

also let's stop acting like Brock's contract is gonna go from $900K to $50M in one yr as far as cap hit goes. That's not how it works.

But... We do have to pay guys like Bosa, Warner, Kittle, in their extensions.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

But... We do have to pay guys like Bosa, Warner, Kittle, in their extensions.

True but if Philly can pay 10+ players 15+ million so can we. Just have to structure it right. We may lose Greenlaw and players like Hufanga but then we can have other players step up or sign free agents with not a huge dropof and still be a top 5 offense and defense.

Purdy will raise the offense if we lose players like Deebo. I just hope we can keep Ward and Lenoir bc cbs are more important now than anyone on D bc the refs allow holding
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I wonder how much his comments right after the SB irritated the FO

It would've irritated me because Aiyuk ain't a free agent
Originally posted by BOI49er:
Yes it would. I'm getting tired of reading articles over which one to please, and which one to lose. Both TW and BA are under contract. The FO doesn't even have to talk to them. They keep the door open as a courtesy. Here's the deal. Fulfill your contract obligations, and we pay you and fulfull ours, and you progress another year on your contract. That's contract law, codified in NFL league rules. In the case of BA, the new contract is on the table, so you have two ways to go. I don't think retirement is an option for BA, but it certainly is for TW.

Love you both, but neither one of you is bigger than the team. We are going to have to cut somewhere, so if you choose to volunteer, then we'll keep people that want to work for this team. If we let one of you ride your Big Wheels in class, then we have to let the whole class ride too, and we're not doing that.

Nobody wants to believe this, but winning franchises do let their high price veterans go and move on. Sure, while myopically the replacement for Jerry Rice or Ronnie Lott or Joe Montana? weren't as good, it allowed them to build talent elsewhere, and those Niner teams kept winning Super Bowls for several years after they were all gone, even with less than great coaching and personnel people any more. There is no indispensable man. We've got great coaching and personnel people now. That's what we need to hang onto.

I agree

That would be beyond dumb if we want to win a SB. Are you sober?
Browns insider says they may be down for trading Amari Cooper for Aiyuk. I think Lynch would also want a 1st rd pick. If so, I'd go for that deal. They'd get one of the premier WR's in the league who's a great route runner. They should use the pick they get from the Browns to draft a top OL.
Originally posted by the_dynasty:

Wouldn't be the first time lol
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Browns insider says they may be down for trading Amari Cooper for Aiyuk. I think Lynch would also want a 1st rd pick. If so, I'd go for that deal. They'd get one of the premier WR's in the league who's a great route runner. They should use the pick they get from the Browns to draft a top OL.

Would not be mad about Amari, dude is solid.
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

Would not be mad about Amari, dude is solid.

DUDE OLD... we shoulda signed Jeudy..
Share 49ersWebzone