There are 262 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9moon:
DUDE OLD... we shoulda signed Jeudy..

Jeudy isn't in the same solar system as amari cooper....
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

also let's stop acting like Brock's contract is gonna go from $900K to $50M in one yr as far as cap hit goes. That's not how it works.

But... We do have to pay guys like Bosa, Warner, Kittle, in their extensions.

Bosa's cap doesn't get ridiculous until 2026, Fred signed an extension in 2021 and it doesn't even hit anything higher than $12.5M until 2025. They will ultimately redo his contract at some point (or just continue restructure). Kittle's been signed since 2020 and his highest cap hit thus far is this yr at $12M.

again let's stop acting like if someone signs a 4yr $100M contracted at its FGTD and that means he's getting $25M per yr….thats NOT how it works.
we can totally pay everyone if The Yorks will fund the signing bonuses.
Originally posted by Montana:
Would not be mad about Amari, dude is solid.

One yr rental, he's in his last yr of his deal and is gonna want to get paid all the same.

if they can't pay for a young ascending WR, why would they pay for a older one that gets hurt?

this is part of the reason it makes no sense to move him. Teams aren't giving you s**t at this point and there's money that needs to be figured out on both sides in player for player deals (which never happens).
Originally posted by Montana:
Would not be mad about Amari, dude is solid.

One yr rental, he's in his last yr of his deal and is gonna want to get paid all the same.

if they can't pay for a young ascending WR, why would they pay for a older one that gets hurt?

this is part of the reason it makes no sense to move him. Teams aren't giving you s**t at this point and there's money that needs to be figured out on both sides in player for player deals (which never happens).

The Browns would obviously have to throw in huge draft pick compensation also.

Still don't like the deal at all but it wouldn't be Aiyuk for Cooper straight up.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Browns insider says they may be down for trading Amari Cooper for Aiyuk. I think Lynch would also want a 1st rd pick. If so, I'd go for that deal. They'd get one of the premier WR's in the league who's a great route runner. They should use the pick they get from the Browns to draft a top OL.

Any team would be down to move a 30yr old WR in the last yr of their deal that wants a massive contract all the same…for a young just getting into his prime WR. Gotta pay both.

Why do that deal? The whole issue is money, so you're gonna pay an older Cooper, but not BA? OR Sweet we got a one yr rental and no young prime WR to go with our QB.

Browns finally have a 1st rd pick after the Watson deal. Now they're gonna just move another one?

The whole cooper/adams stuff is dumb if you're SF….the point is not paying someone a ton of cash. Yet folks are cool with one yr rentals or having to pay older players a ton of money??

getting rid of a young top 10 WR should require young assets. This team needs to get younger not older.
Originally posted by babarvaart:
we can totally pay everyone if The Yorks will fund the signing bonuses.

Are you assuming that the holdup is Jed being tight with money? Sorry but I'm not buying that for one second.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
The Browns would obviously have to throw in huge draft pick compensation also.

Still don't like the deal at all but it wouldn't be Aiyuk for Cooper straight up.

And the browns have thrown away years of high end draft picks for Watson. They haven't had a top 50 pick in 3 yrs.

SF could very well end up with Pearsall as their WR1 in 2025. Which is dumb considering they currently have a top 10 WR that has a great connection with the QB they're about to pay. Those two need to be the guys going forward. Ricky might not even be that dude all said and done.

Deebo and kittle ain't playing on their last yr of their deals with no GTD $ left, plus they're old and injury prone.

Can we stop with the dumb trade offers that other teams would love to make? Last I checked SF is the team with the young stud that doesn't have to move him.
A team that realistically holds a players rights this year and can tag them…shouldn't be forced to move a guy in August and get min value for him….that's not how s**t works.

Also it's not like BA has zero intentions to sign with SF, he just wants to get paid appropriately.
9ers should have got on this extension early and not taken their sweet ass time to start negotiations.

Other teams' writers: "A Brandon Aiyuk trade would be so good for X team! They should trade a 4th round pick and a bench player for him! It's a very good trade that makes so much sense for X team!"

This is so tiring
Originally posted by goatroppolo:
9ers should have got on this extension early and not taken their sweet ass time to start negotiations.

How do you know they didn't? What did BA gain from signing any sooner? He was clearly smart by waiting until a bunch of other WRs signed. It takes two to get s**t done. Not sure why folks thinks it was just SF stalling here
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Other teams' writers: "A Brandon Aiyuk trade would be so good for X team! They should trade a 4th round pick and a bench player for him! It's a very good trade that makes so much sense for X team!"

This is so tiring

It's so dumb lol. I also feel like the public and SF fans have forgotten how good BA is.

I saw some Pats beat writer say why not give back Bourne (currently recovering from an ACL) who "knows the offense" and a 2nd lol. GTFO of here!

I'm telling ya I get better fantasy football trade offers and those f**kers are awful lol.
How do you know they didn't? What did BA gain from signing any sooner? He was clearly smart by waiting until a bunch of other WRs signed. It takes two to get s**t done. Not sure why folks thinks it was just SF stalling here

Well when all the players (kittle, Fred, Deebo) all say this is just how the niners operate it kinda tells you something
Yeah, Armari's age did come to mind, ugh. They just need to get a deal done. Lol
Share 49ersWebzone