There are 241 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by goatroppolo:
9ers should have got on this extension early and not taken their sweet ass time to start negotiations.

How do you know they didn't? What did BA gain from signing any sooner? He was clearly smart by waiting until a bunch of other WRs signed. It takes two to get s**t done. Not sure why folks thinks it was just SF stalling here

100% this was the only way Aiyuk had to build leverage! No way he was signing anything early that would've been stupid.
9ers should have got on this extension early and not taken their sweet ass time to start negotiations.

How do you know they didn't? What did BA gain from signing any sooner? He was clearly smart by waiting until a bunch of other WRs signed. It takes two to get s**t done. Not sure why folks thinks it was just SF stalling here

Agree with NY
Why wouldn't we just play Aiyuk at $14.1m? We've got better options later. And we'll know what we've got, e.g. Deebo's health, Ricky and another's performance growth.

While we're all bouncing off the walls, I believe Lynch is doing the right thing. Just sit tight.
[ Edited by BOI49er on Aug 5, 2024 at 7:43 AM ]

Well when all the players (kittle, Fred, Deebo) all say this is just how the niners operate it kinda tells you something

Not every contract is equal. BA had nothing to gain by signing early. His agent isn't a dummy and saw the market.
Originally posted by BOI49er:
Why wouldn't we just play Aiyuk at $14.1m? We've got better options later.

I'm sure we would (even though that's not good for either side) BA doesn't have to play if he doesn't want too. Loses a lot of money that SF can't give back if he signs.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Browns insider says they may be down for trading Amari Cooper for Aiyuk. I think Lynch would also want a 1st rd pick. If so, I'd go for that deal. They'd get one of the premier WR's in the league who's a great route runner. They should use the pick they get from the Browns to draft a top OL.

Any team would be down to move a 30yr old WR in the last yr of their deal that wants a massive contract all the same…for a young just getting into his prime WR. Gotta pay both.

Why do that deal? The whole issue is money, so you're gonna pay an older Cooper, but not BA? OR Sweet we got a one yr rental and no young prime WR to go with our QB.

Browns finally have a 1st rd pick after the Watson deal. Now they're gonna just move another one?

The whole cooper/adams stuff is dumb if you're SF….the point is not paying someone a ton of cash. Yet folks are cool with one yr rentals or having to pay older players a ton of money??

getting rid of a young top 10 WR should require young assets. This team needs to get younger not older.

Teller plus Browns second rounder.
sounds like aiyuk could be traded to cleveland or new england
Originally posted by dmax:

We've heard so many rumors that you can't believe anything at this point. A week ago the news was that he had reached an agreement. Now we're back to he's going to be traded. I almost don't care anymore. Sign him or trade him. Just get something done so we can get back to football instead of finance. Same for Williams.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

We've heard so many rumors that you can't believe anything at this point. A week ago the news was that he had reached an agreement. Now we're back to he's going to be traded. I almost don't care anymore. Sign him or trade him. Just get something done so we can get back to football instead of finance. Same for Williams.

I just hope that if we do trade him we get a quality player in return that can help us this year. Hopefully an Offensive lineman, but those are always hard to get. Not looking for a superstar, just a reliable one.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

I just hope that if we do trade him we get a quality player in return that can help us this year. Hopefully an Offensive lineman, but those are always hard to get. Not looking for a superstar, just a reliable one.

Very few if any teams have a surplus of O lineman. Most are looking for them. More likely to get a draft pick and a veteran receiver.

Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

Very few if any teams have a surplus of O lineman. Most are looking for them. More likely to get a draft pick and a veteran receiver.

True, which makes me think any trade we do with him we will get the short end of the stick. We are better with him in the lineup than anything we can hope to get in a trade.
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Teller plus Browns second rounder.

SF has shown they don't give a rip about IOL and aren't gonna pay any of them. Put Puni at RG.

my god a RG for a top 10 WR would be ridiculous. Sorry dude
Can anyone think of the last trade that happened in August that was legit good players for good players? s**t doesn't happen
Can anyone think of the last trade that happened in August that was legit good players for good players? s**t doesn't happen

I can't remember too many legit player for player trades in NFL history much less this time of the year. Maybe he's causing enough headaches to where they just ship him off. That's the only why i see a trade happening. And it won't be for another player. I wish we knew what the major issue is. It can't be the average salary per year.
The 49ers are reluctant to pay Aiyuk what he wants not because they don't value him. they're looking at next year and beyond. They can't have the highest paid player at every key offensive position. Willimas is already one of the highest and wants more. CMC is the highest paidRB. Juice is the highest paid FB. Purdy will probably be the highest paid QB after next year. Bosa is one of the highest paid edge rushers. Both CBs are going to need to be signed next season. What are they going to ask for if Aiyuk and Williams each get big raises?

I love the NFL but I fear that the players greed may kill the goose that lays their golden eggs. I know many fans will say that won't happen but we've seen it happen in many industries before. Workers keep demanding more until there isn't any more to give.
Share 49ersWebzone