LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 185 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by boast:
im giving it an 80% chance that after all is said and done, BA will be a Niner imo

Only reason I'm not as optimistic as I once was is cause it seems to have become emotional between Aiyuk and Kyle. Sure that may be mendable but Kyle isn't the easiest person to forgive. Lol

then Again, maybe it hasn't got there. Just seems like it
im giving it an 80% chance that after all is said and done, BA will be a Niner imo

HOW f**kING DARE YOU.

HOW DARE YOU BRING THOUGHT and possibly, LOGIC TO THIS THREAD. I THOUGHT I KNEW YOU.

Originally posted by tankle104:
Thats the trade I'd like to see, IF WE ARE TRADING HIM. Option A should be to retain Aiyuk but if we can't - I'd love to get Adams.

all this talk of D Adams, it's like i woke up and now it's 2017
i know some don't like him but it's a good take
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Trent's what 35? I'm sure him and the 9ers aren't looking for a 5 year deal. 2 years with a good amount of guarantees and he's good, he's shown no signs of drop off either

I'd be surprised if Trent wanted an extension. I think he has like 3 years left on his contract.

I think he just wants those three seasons to make him paid amongst the highest in the league and give him guaranteed money (he has none left).

I don't the issue is actually paying him, it's structuring the guaranteed money incase he retires, so we don't get slapped with some mega bill if he does retire earlier than the team thinks he will.

maybe we can just do a deal where year by year that he plays - his money gets guaranteed. Would be a pain though

Who don't people understand that he already has this per the the union contract. Any veteran with at least 4 years has his currrent year pay guaranteed if he is on the 53 on game day week one. It doesn't need to be in his contract.

Nope, I'm afraid he wants more money pushed into this year, and then he retires, and we're paying for it in future cap years. Pay him now and he has even less incentive to come and work for it. I don't see how we can cover ourselves over what he has total control over. And he's not suffering these fines, and certainly game checks, without demanding new money, not just guarantees. We can't do that. We have too many mouths to feed, all of which potentially have longer futures with us.

And because of this, with Aiyuk saying doing the 5th year and then two tags, it's guaranteed. No it's not. It's year to year, so he gets injured, we're out of there, and he may never see a generational wealth contract, and he doesn't get paid off our dead cap money. It becomes guaranteed when he signs the tag, so he's covered in the off season year to year, but once the season starts and he starts playing, he'll be covered anyway for that year only.
[ Edited by BOI49er on Aug 8, 2024 at 11:47 AM ]

Cowherd's whole schtick is to go the other way that you think he will go. Here he demonstrates it.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Thats the trade I'd like to see, IF WE ARE TRADING HIM. Option A should be to retain Aiyuk but if we can't - I'd love to get Adams.

all this talk of D Adams, it's like i woke up and now it's 2017

He is still playing extremely well. His stats just suck cause the raiders have garbage at qb. He would be a great plan B option.

Only reason I'm not as optimistic as I once was is cause it seems to have become emotional between Aiyuk and Kyle. Sure that may be mendable but Kyle isn't the easiest person to forgive. Lol

then Again, maybe it hasn't got there. Just seems like it

it's the NFL. i think youre putting too much weight into the emotional aspect. it's just business.
Originally posted by fropwns:
Cowherd's whole schtick is to go the other way that you think he will go. Here he demonstrates it.

one of the worst
He is still playing extremely well. His stats just suck cause the raiders have garbage at qb. He would be a great plan B option.

It's a ludicrous comment by faithful. His stats don't even suck, lol. He was an 1100 yard 8 TD receiver last year with Jimmy G and AOC as his qbs. 1500 yards each of the years before.

Originally posted by fropwns:

I've never been one to believe that someone should just chase as much money as possible, in football. I like to see guys get paid but success in this league depends on so much more than yourself - it's one of the reasons it's so hard to win.

some guys don't care about team success though, I'm not saying Aiyuk feels that way, but some are open about only caring about getting paid as much as possible (Channing crowder even said that).

when we are talking tens of millions of dollars, a couple mil wouldn't sway me from taking the situation that I thought was best to be in. To each their own though. Cant fault someone for chasing the money
Maybe BA asking for shade on the top deck at Levi.. damn FO !!
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

It's a ludicrous comment by faithful. His stats don't even suck, lol. He was an 1100 yard 8 TD receiver last year with Jimmy G and AOC as his qbs. 1500 yards each of the years before.

Lol yeah I say "his stats suck" I'm really just saying that relative to what we've seen him do before last year. People worry about his age but I don't see any reason he can't pull off 2-3 more awesome years.

everyone's main argument is that Aiyuk is entering his prime at 26 and Adams is like 30, so what? By the time Adams would be coming down age wise - our rookies (and the guys we get inbetween those 2-3 years) should be well developed and difference makers.

He's a douche for sure but when your right your right.
I've never been one to believe that someone should just chase as much money as possible, in football. I like to see guys get paid but success in this league depends on so much more than yourself - it's one of the reasons it's so hard to win.

some guys don't care about team success though, I'm not saying Aiyuk feels that way, but some are open about only caring about getting paid as much as possible (Channing crowder even said that).

when we are talking tens of millions of dollars, a couple mil wouldn't sway me from taking the situation that I thought was best to be in. To each their own though. Cant fault someone for chasing the money

It might be about every dime and nickel he can get, but ego is present here.
Share 49ersWebzone