LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 184 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by tankle104:
im giving it an 80% chance that after all is said and done, BA will be a Niner imo

Only reason I'm not as optimistic as I once was is cause it seems to have become emotional between Aiyuk and Kyle. Sure that may be mendable but Kyle isn't the easiest person to forgive. Lol

then Again, maybe it hasn't got there. Just seems like it

it's the NFL. i think youre putting too much weight into the emotional aspect. it's just business.

Maybe you're right but Aiyuk has already said he's taken it personal… aka emotional. When you're emotional - you're irrational.

saying something is "just business" is much easier said than done. I negotiate contracts in real estate development (and tenants) for a living - if it was that easy, I wouldn't have half the problems I do. Lol

egos, emotions etc - the human elements of life, often cause problems. Telling players "why they aren't worth "X,Y, Z" tends to make things emotional.

overall, you may be right. I just put a lot of stock into those elements when trying to determine outcomes.
im giving it an 80% chance that after all is said and done, BA will be a Niner imo

I'm with you.
Originally posted by fropwns:
I've never been one to believe that someone should just chase as much money as possible, in football. I like to see guys get paid but success in this league depends on so much more than yourself - it's one of the reasons it's so hard to win.

some guys don't care about team success though, I'm not saying Aiyuk feels that way, but some are open about only caring about getting paid as much as possible (Channing crowder even said that).

when we are talking tens of millions of dollars, a couple mil wouldn't sway me from taking the situation that I thought was best to be in. To each their own though. Cant fault someone for chasing the money

It might be about every dime and nickel he can get, but ego is present here.

Yeah, I think Aiyuk has a chip on his shoulder to prove how good he is. He gets outshined by guys like CMC/Kittle/Deebo here (recognition wise). So he seems to way top dollar to make a statement about himself.

otherwise, he seems to want to go somewhere where he makes a little more than the niners are offering and he's the focal point so he can showcase what kind of stats he can put up.

Once again, idk if this is true - it's just an opinion. Looking at it from the outside.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
i know some don't like him but it's a good take

Not really, a lot talk around Hill last season on pace for 2000 yards, team had a decent season and Hill got a lot of media coverage. Just because he wasn't in the superbowl? Lol
If BA really wanted to leave he would have more than 1 team on his list of destinations. He wouldn't be making it so hard for the Niners to trade him.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
If BA really wanted to leave he would have more than 1 team on his list of destinations. He wouldn't be making it so hard for the Niners to trade him.

I think if this was March - he would have a ton of suitors. I think the options are very slimmed down cause free agency and the draft have already happened - it isn't as easy for a team to take on a massive contract now and give up valuable assets.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
He is still playing extremely well. His stats just suck cause the raiders have garbage at qb. He would be a great plan B option.

It's a ludicrous comment by faithful. His stats don't even suck, lol. He was an 1100 yard 8 TD receiver last year with Jimmy G and AOC as his qbs. 1500 yards each of the years before.

LOL

Hill's response:
Originally posted by JTB1974:

I think if this was March - he would have a ton of suitors. I think the options are very slimmed down cause free agency and the draft have already happened - it isn't as easy for a team to take on a massive contract now and give up valuable assets.

I think he means BA's personal wishlist making it morr difficult

• pd24
  • Veteran

What the hell you keep going on about? The options are slim because BA will only extend with Pittsburgh or Washington right now. Doesn't matter if it was march and he had this same stance. Market would be limited
Originally posted by pd24:

Not really, a lot talk around Hill last season on pace for 2000 yards, team had a decent season and Hill got a lot of media coverage. Just because he wasn't in the superbowl? Lol

How many Super Bowls did Barry Sanders play in?

Well I know who to blame when we have injuries in week 1 and 3.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by pd24:

How many Super Bowls did Barry Sanders play in?

Exactly
Originally posted by IGSXIII:

Hill's response:
Not to mention he's in Miami now and not KC.
Share 49ersWebzone