No McCaffrey, no problem for 49ers as they ride Jordan Mason to cruise past Jets 32-19 in season opener →

There are 297 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pd24:
Not really, a lot talk around Hill last season on pace for 2000 yards, team had a decent season and Hill got a lot of media coverage. Just because he wasn't in the superbowl? Lol

You want media coverage. Date Taylor Swift and have fun
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Not really, a lot talk around Hill last season on pace for 2000 yards, team had a decent season and Hill got a lot of media coverage. Just because he wasn't in the superbowl? Lol

He won a superbowl, played in 2, cashed out, and is on a good improving team.

Seems like he did well
Originally posted by father49er:
Originally posted by boast:
im giving it an 80% chance that after all is said and done, BA will be a Niner imo

I'm with you.

I'm hoping if it was going to happen it should have gone down yesterday.
Pitt offered him $25-$26M and that ended that. Pitt I don't think have ever been big spenders in FA. And today it's reported they didn't offer us 1sts, so Brandon is still with us playing for his $14M under contract.

Can't we come up with a semi attractive option at least? Ewwwww.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by fropwns:
I've never been one to believe that someone should just chase as much money as possible, in football. I like to see guys get paid but success in this league depends on so much more than yourself - it's one of the reasons it's so hard to win.

some guys don't care about team success though, I'm not saying Aiyuk feels that way, but some are open about only caring about getting paid as much as possible (Channing crowder even said that).

when we are talking tens of millions of dollars, a couple mil wouldn't sway me from taking the situation that I thought was best to be in. To each their own though. Cant fault someone for chasing the money

It might be about every dime and nickel he can get, but ego is present here.

Yeah, I think Aiyuk has a chip on his shoulder to prove how good he is. He gets outshined by guys like CMC/Kittle/Deebo here (recognition wise). So he seems to way top dollar to make a statement about himself.

otherwise, he seems to want to go somewhere where he makes a little more than the niners are offering and he's the focal point so he can showcase what kind of stats he can put up.

Once again, idk if this is true - it's just an opinion. Looking at it from the outside.
If showcasing what kind of stats he can put up is his motivation Pittsburgh isn't the place to do it.
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Pitt offered him $25-$26M and that ended that. Pitt I don't think have ever been big spenders in FA. And today it's reported they didn't offer us 1sts, so Brandon is still with us playing for his $14M under contract.

Starting to think that BA puts his tail between his legs once he realizes the only teams willing to pay him 30mm are scrub teams. Brandon wants to dictate where he goes AND how much he gets paid. Sorry BA but you aren't THAT big of a star. Brandon is finding this out.

To add insult to injury, he's trying to do this in a short period of time before the season starts LOL.

His best option is to take the Niners offer, bury your pride and come ready to play.

Moral of the story is BA needs the Niners and the Niners need BA. Time to grow up Brandon…
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Originally posted by IGSXIII:
i know some don't like him but it's a good take

Hill's response:
Not to mention he's in Miami now and not KC.

That's the difference. Is it the money or the glory? Granted, if you could have a bit of both. Not too shabby.
Originally posted by bigpete50:
Originally posted by mitpdub:

Starting to think that BA puts his tail between his legs once he realizes the only teams willing to pay him 30mm are scrub teams. Brandon wants to dictate where he goes AND how much he gets paid. Sorry BA but you aren't THAT big of a star. Brandon is finding this out.

To add insult to injury, he's trying to do this in a short period of time before the season starts LOL.

His best option is to take the Niners offer, bury your pride and come ready to play.

Moral of the story is BA needs the Niners and the Niners need BA. Time to grow up Brandon…

And John Lynch is a freakin genius. All the while, we're all bouncing off the walls.
Might be wrong but, wasn't there a video of BA and his wife, (or maybe just his wife) driving to the game, maybe the NFCCG and she said something along the lines of "this could be the last time we go to a Niners game"…..Not sure where it aired, but that statement at that time seemed so out of place. Maybe they already knew then, that they didn't want to stay in SF.
Originally posted by fropwns:

I wonder...if a poster, maybe, I don't know, a handful of us, thought this was a possibility? Nah, we need, deserve, fire and brimstone.

This is exactly the strategy that I suggested yesterday. Just up the guaranteed money a little more and/or the average per year. I hope that that's enough to get this done

For the love of God just make up your mind BA.

Also please choose to stay here.
Originally posted by Patton:
Might be wrong but, wasn't there a video of BA and his wife, (or maybe just his wife) driving to the game, maybe the NFCCG and she said something along the lines of "this could be the last time we go to a Niners game"…..Not sure where it aired, but that statement at that time seemed so out of place. Maybe they already knew then, that they didn't want to stay in SF.

I'm sure Whole Foods in Pittsburgh is hiring…
Originally posted by bigpete50:
Originally posted by Patton:

I'm sure Whole Foods in Pittsburgh is hiring…

How much? $29.5 a year?
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
If showcasing what kind of stats he can put up is his motivation Pittsburgh isn't the place to do it.

I agree, especially with Arthur smith as OC. Lol

Date Taylor Swift also gets you the bag. Win, win.
Share 49ersWebzone