There are 161 users in the forums

All Pro OT Trent Williams "Silverback",

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He has made it obvious his objective is going to the highest bidder. If it wasn't the case, he wouldn't be testing the market. There are several teams who need a LT and have more cap available. This joker is gone.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BYisGod:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Watch him become a Chief.

This. Ugh.

makes sense.. no taxes.. they have went to back to back super bowls. why would he not do it. i just want to know what our plan is to replace him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by steiber:
He has made it obvious his objective is going to the highest bidder. If it wasn't the case, he wouldn't be testing the market. There are several teams who need a LT and have more cap available. This joker is gone.
and so the trashing of a niner who did great things for us begins..
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
49ers did him a solid by not franchising him, meet them have way you dick!!!
[ Edited by Kolohe on Mar 15, 2021 at 9:29 AM ]
Andy Reid is about to hand us another L.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by BYisGod:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Watch him become a Chief.

This. Ugh.

makes sense.. no taxes.. they have went to back to back super bowls. why would he not do it. i just want to know what our plan is to replace him.
This is what I am most concerned about. It does make sense. Trent can spend the last years of his career with one of the best qbs in football, a great coach, and while making a ton of money. Chiefs restructuring additional contracts to make room. If you were Chiefs would you go after Trent? I would.

Edit: To your point CC, they better have a plan to replace him.
[ Edited by SD49er on Mar 15, 2021 at 9:32 AM ]

Saying a player is leaving for more money isn't trashing anyone.
We literally have significantly more cap than the Chiefs do...
Lol, and this is why the franchise tag exists folks
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
We literally have significantly more cap than the Chiefs do...

And they STILL couldn't get it done before free agency Tampering. FML

• cciowa
  • Veteran

Saying a player is leaving for more money isn't trashing anyone.
calling him a joker is a compliment?
It is not the end of the world if we lose out on a 20+ mil free agent everyone. It just means we have more money to spend on other players. Hopefully, we got a backup plan for a left tackle if he signs with another team.
I don't think he's counting every penny per say, but if we offer 20 million and another team 23 then we are all full of s**t if we say we wouldn't listen and take the better money lol

Now if its ballpark, I think he stays, but there's the taxes dynamic and I assume California is as bad as NY. Then the lifestyle stuff as well. Only Trent can answer that. imo just match whatever he is offered.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Dammit sign already I gotta go to work!! Do you want me to get into a accident checking my phone all the time.....I blame Trent.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bloodless:
It is not the end of the world if we lose out on a 20+ mil free agent everyone. It just means we have more money to spend on other players. Hopefully, we got a backup plan for a left tackle if he signs with another team.
we damn well better have a plan to replace him. the team did well with a plan to replace joe.. but to often we see what happens.. we lose a guy. the fans tell us. well there is free agency.. free agency goes.. nothing. then we are told... there is the draft.. well we then draft some acl guys and guys who have red flags on them,.,. then we are told.. oh. there are the june cuts. lol.. and then we begin the year with crap o line guys and then roll out the shock and awe of why we can not pass protect . if we lose trent. and have a s**tty back up plan. i would not blame jimmy if he demands a trade
Share 49ersWebzone