There are 183 users in the forums

All Pro OT Trent Williams "Silverback",

Shop Find 49ers gear online
how much money can the Chiefs offer? How did this happen? Lol
Well, if Williams leaves, we'll have plenty of money to handle other positions. Maybe we take Slater at 12 if he's there.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
We literally have significantly more cap than the Chiefs do...

And they STILL couldn't get it done before free agency Tampering. FML

Feeling like there's a hard number. $20/per or a bit more is where they might be fixed. I get it too. Every team has to have their limit.

Sooner or later they gotta break the bank a little to keep their own. Especially if his name is Trent Williams.

Shoulda did this with BUCK too.

I definitely would've kept Buckner over Armstead.

Yup. I mean I understood the "Economics" of it, but it was the wrong move. Sometimes with the cap you have to kick the can down the road, especially for your all-pro players.

I feel this way about Trent. We thought $20m.... If it takes $24, just do it. If we lose Trent and then draft a tackle at 12 - its another first rounder wasted.

We don't have to spend a high pick on an OT just because Trent leaves. There are other options in FA or later draft rounds and if not Brunskill or Skule can hold down the fort for a year.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

I believe they have around $20 million to work with.

They've done some massive restructuring.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
If the league's top LT you luck into, like Shanahan and Lynch did, is asking to be the highest paid tackle, you make him the highest paid tackle.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
We literally have significantly more cap than the Chiefs do...

And they STILL couldn't get it done before free agency Tampering. FML

Feeling like there's a hard number. $20/per or a bit more is where they might be fixed. I get it too. Every team has to have their limit.

Sooner or later they gotta break the bank a little to keep their own. Especially if his name is Trent Williams.

Shoulda did this with BUCK too.

I definitely would've kept Buckner over Armstead.

Yup. I mean I understood the "Economics" of it, but it was the wrong move. Sometimes with the cap you have to kick the can down the road, especially for your all-pro players.

I feel this way about Trent. We thought $20m.... If it takes $24, just do it. If we lose Trent and then draft a tackle at 12 - its another first rounder wasted.

We don't have to spend a high pick on an OT just because Trent leaves. There are other options in FA or later draft rounds and if not Brunskill or Skule can hold down the fort for a year.

Are you joking? he was the only bright spot on a terrible line. I don't care who is QB, they will get KILLED. We must have a viable O-line. Just ask KC.
Originally posted by linkboy:

I believe they have around $20 million to work with.

They've done some massive restructuring.

Travis Kelce said he didn't restructure his contract
Silverback is coming back. So much paranoia in here.
Are you joking? he was the only bright spot on a terrible line. I don't care who is QB, they will get KILLED. We must have a viable O-line. Just ask KC.

Which is why I say if they don't get a solid vet at LT and we're talking about a rook starting, blow it up.

That's not a blowing it up... That is 5-9 win mediocracy for the foreseeable future lol

should be making calls to Corey Linsley
should be making calls to Corey Linsley

Agreed. Mack should be the backup plan to that

I'd love to have Trent back but only at a reasonable contract. If some team massively overpays, then I'm fine with the Niners moving on.

if Skule is really their best guy, they need to be trading up for Penei Sewell or Rashawn Slater
Share 49ersWebzone