There are 181 users in the forums

All Pro OT Trent Williams "Silverback",

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
We don't have to spend a high pick on an OT just because Trent leaves. There are other options in FA or later draft rounds and if not Brunskill or Skule can hold down the fort for a year.
oh my god.. you really hate jimmy.... this has to be a joke. those two guys can just step in.. good lord

Brunskill played decently at tackle or am I misremembering? And that's a worse case scenario. I'm sure we'll spend a mid-round pick on a tackle or sign one in FA.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

who you taken Jimmy or Mahomes lol f**k
not to mention. no big taxes to pay in kc and great bbq joints
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
We don't have to spend a high pick on an OT just because Trent leaves. There are other options in FA or later draft rounds and if not Brunskill or Skule can hold down the fort for a year.
oh my god.. you really hate jimmy.... this has to be a joke. those two guys can just step in.. good lord

Brunskill played decently at tackle or am I misremembering? And that's a worse case scenario. I'm sure we'll spend a mid-round pick on a tackle or sign one in FA.

you lose trent.. you automatically get the best o tackle in round one. plus a guard and then you get a free agent to play center.. our team was piss poor in pass protection last year and has been since 2011 no matter the qb,,, and if trent goes. it just got worse... i am wondering if lynch and kyle even comprehend that
Wow now I'm starting to get worried, we really may lose Trent to f**king KC of all teams. The f**k ass team with all these damn highly paid players and beat us last year.
Hmm, protect Jimmy G or protect Patty Mahomes? Be on a team that is currently a Super Bowl contender or a team that is currently a fringe playoff team? Go to a state that has higher income tax or one that has lower? Honestly, why would you stay? Also, it's closer to home for Trent.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
When a city tries to brand itself primarily for its food you know it has nothing else. Food and swamp donkeys.
just to be sure, if we lose trent, we basically guarantee getting a 3rd round comp pick next year, right?
Originally posted by NYniner85:

who you taken Jimmy or Mahomes lol f**k
not to mention. no big taxes to pay in kc and great bbq joints
There are state taxes in kc but it's not like California lol but the bbq in is overrated I've been there before and it's all right nothing special. I still think Trent Williams will come back because of Kyle shanahan and the oline coach because the niners offer is a fair market value but we shall see.
Naw - TW was tamperted with a long time ago. Thats why he was holding out. He probably knew KC was making a move for him and like the offer.

I understand we wouldn't extend him when he first got here, but I dont believe in giving away high draft picks without a new deal in place. What a waste.
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Hmm, protect Jimmy G or protect Patty Mahomes? Be on a team that is currently a Super Bowl contender or a team that is currently a fringe playoff team? Go to a state that has higher income tax or one that has lower? Honestly, why would you stay? Also, it's closer to home for Trent.

I agree with all of this except the claim we are a fringe playoff team. We were a fringe playoff team this last year with our historic number of injuries. We have an incredibly talented roster, they have the better qb.

Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
We literally have significantly more cap than the Chiefs do...

And they STILL couldn't get it done before free agency Tampering. FML

Feeling like there's a hard number. $20/per or a bit more is where they might be fixed. I get it too. Every team has to have their limit.

Sooner or later they gotta break the bank a little to keep their own. Especially if his name is Trent Williams.

Shoulda did this with BUCK too.

I definitely would've kept Buckner over Armstead.

Yup. I mean I understood the "Economics" of it, but it was the wrong move. Sometimes with the cap you have to kick the can down the road, especially for your all-pro players.

I feel this way about Trent. We thought $20m.... If it takes $24, just do it. If we lose Trent and then draft a tackle at 12 - its another first rounder wasted.

Are you kidding me? We have tremendous skill position players but are screwed if we cant protect our QB to get the ball to them. In fact, I would draft Slater even if we resign Trent. Fix this damn line!!!

He did play well. TWs money could be spent elsewhere. Edge, Cb, Fred Warner, etc

Cc you're doing what most do and comparing Brunskill or Skule to Trent Williams. This is not what people are doing, they're simply acknowledging that we might not be able to re-sign Trent and in that reality it's Brunskill or Skule Vs a 1st round rookie.

Also in that scenario we have around 23 mil to spend on replacements. It's not as doom and gloom as some are making out.

Though we'd need to know he was leaving before the other free agents are signed.
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
just to be sure, if we lose trent, we basically guarantee getting a 3rd round comp pick next year, right?

5th round
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:

No, If a player is over 10 years old, the max value you can get for him is a fifth round pick. The only exception to this rule is a quarterback. That's why new England got a third for Brady even though he has played for more than 10 years.
Share 49ersWebzone